Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why did God make animals?

Why did God make animals?

Posted - January 10, 2018

Responses

To make fashionable coats for us.
      January 10, 2018 6:17 PM MST

Correct
      January 10, 2018 6:23 PM MST

Indeed. ;P
      January 10, 2018 7:15 PM MST

I really love this answer. You should work for PETA.
      January 11, 2018 5:15 AM MST

Not shoes then....:( 
      February 23, 2018 2:07 AM MST

I haven’t found any credible assurance that “He” did. How much can we really rely on the childish Noah’s Ark tale?

It’s more likely animals, like the rest of biological life, are all the products of millions of years of natural selection, just as we homo sapiens are.

This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 11, 2018 5:17 AM MST
      January 11, 2018 5:07 AM MST

Well I suppose we would have to agree something did, and even if you agree with the theory of evolution, still something had to create some kind of life for evolution to occur. Do you agree? Perhaps the best scientist the world has never seen lived before the big bang? If that being could do that, perhaps it could make itself immortal? This post was edited by [W]e[y]lon Musk at February 23, 2018 2:08 AM MST
      January 11, 2018 5:14 AM MST

Though he held no belief in a “personal [anthropomorphic] God”, Einstein thought of nature and its myriad powers as his “God”. I find this applicable here, in quantifying an all-affecting force of creation. 

I cannot support that a “why” exists in the randomness of our existence, beyond the events that led to our parents meeting, their parents meeting, etc. The life that remains after the eons of natural processes does so because it is best suited to survive in its environments, not because it was placed there by a sentient Creator of the Universe -as per the assertions of certain faith doctrines.

If we were to go down that path of “why?”, there is good cause to ask why a benevolent god created such horrors as plague virus, flesh-eating bacteria and tapeworms. To think that such maladies were considered the work of demons or “ill-humors”, during the era when our current monotheisms were emerging. Fair to say we’ve learned a lot since then. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 11, 2018 7:28 PM MST
      January 11, 2018 9:05 AM MST

Einstein might have been onto something. I am Christian but many if not most of my beliefs, I will not share with other religious people. Many religious people need to personify and simplify God as the masculine figure that just spoke things into existence. I do not think humans, including myself have the ability to perceive what God really is. I myself do not claim to have the answers, I simply cannot know even a fraction of a percent of all knowledge, but faith fills in the Gaps. I cannot attribute my faith to anything that I can think of and I'm very inquisitive about religion. I think any great scientist, such as Einstein, would soon find himself asking the what if question. The problem we have in this society is we have too many people in the sciences who either have total faith in God, or they are totally denying His existence. When people stop fighting and bickering over the matter, maybe we can begin to collaborate the truths of the atheist and the religious and expel the rest. Unfortunately we are too shaped by our sub-conscious minds to know what we are doing most of the time and most of our beliefs were given to us by others when we were too young to decide.
      January 11, 2018 6:31 PM MST

I think its important to acknowledge our beliefs for what they are —you said it yourself— filler for gaps of what we don’t or cannot know. Filler that bridges concepts together to resonate with our biases. Often, the filler isn’t of our making.

Just as I as an atheist can feel as certain as anything in my mind that no god exists, that doesn’t mean none do, or never have. The inverse is also true, faith in a God is no guarantee of its reality, no matter how people many think this way. 

What should be imperative is to temper (or exclude) such discourse when confronting the truth of matters that affect us all, in this life. What we believe is as unique and proprietary as what turns us on. And just as relevent.

In every other enterprise of our lives, we require evidence and reason to inform our view, but in how we choose to see the world we hold to (ancient) narratives that comprise neither evidence nor reason. When we can step outside of these positions, then “truth” will begin to coalesce for all to see. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 12, 2018 9:48 PM MST
      January 11, 2018 7:22 PM MST

Why does life have to be created......why can't things happen by chance......? 
      February 23, 2018 2:10 AM MST

Some would have you believe it is so we can have a source of B-12, but if B-12 is in meat, why don't humans have it naturally? I am not a vegetarian but I do believe a person can get all they need from a plant based diet. If anyone cares to know how I'll report further.
      January 11, 2018 5:21 AM MST

When we are healthy we produce what we need in our bodies so the notion that we must take in particular nutrients from an outside source is only a half-truth.  And weird how some people have to think that everything has to be created for them for it to be valid. 
      January 11, 2018 5:50 AM MST

Because He wanted to. This post was edited by officegirl at January 11, 2018 5:51 AM MST
      January 11, 2018 5:51 AM MST

To bring sin into the world of humans when it became suitable time for us to evolve. Animals kill each other,  steal from each other,  commit adultery and a few other things. Mankind inherited these traits via the genes as instincts for survival. 
    No mistake;  maybe God exists but he is not perfect. 
      January 11, 2018 7:23 AM MST

Marriage is a man made concept ...animals just breed to to repopulate their species.......countless billions of fish and sea life just spawn and so many of their offspring must be from Incestual  Occerancesees......
    Sin is just another man made mythical nonsense....:(
      February 23, 2018 2:03 AM MST

There are several animals that mate for life, while they don' t have a marriage ceremony as humans do, they are married. 
      February 23, 2018 6:00 AM MST

Several out of countless millions....which of those are right..?
      February 23, 2018 10:46 AM MST

'Course adultery is one of the many wrongs but man did not start the wrongs like according to Genisis. Birds and the beasts started it millions of years before mankind evolved. We inherited the tradition to do bads from our ancestors. 
      February 23, 2018 7:13 AM MST

Who says adultery is wrong..are there any rules in nature ? Number one rule is that the strongest live to carry on the gene pool and the weak just die off....That's how nature survived all these years... 
      February 23, 2018 10:50 AM MST

to keep us company
      January 11, 2018 4:58 PM MST

They were created for the service of mankind.
      February 22, 2018 11:12 PM MST

I think you'll find every living ,growing life forms evolved billions of years before some very clever miniscule human invented religion .....
    Even still to this day ,billions of animals,wild fowl are slaughtered by having their throats slit for religious reasons ........Crabs, lobsters ,prawns ,mussels are all boiled alive......how wonderful and humane the human race is....
    We also delight in spending countless trillions on developing the most efficient leathal weapons to slaughter our fellow man....
      February 23, 2018 1:51 AM MST

As you picture depicts......to get the Lions share ....:)
      February 23, 2018 2:05 AM MST