Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G

Ah

As I understand it, there is good language and bad language, and bad language is definitely taboo here.
Am I the only one who finds themselves fettered by this unconscionable restriction? 

Posted - January 14, 2018

Responses

You might be.  I have high hopes you are intelligent enough to express your feelings and facts in creative words and pictures with "good language."  Using any "bad language" that some may find inappropriate is really not necessary anywhere.  It makes the writer look dumb.

Good manners, class, humor, and courtesy to all involved never goes out of style and is appreciated by everybody. 
      January 14, 2018 5:55 PM MST

I disagree, nothing directly to do with intelligence. 
      January 15, 2018 5:49 AM MST

I'm not one to argue.  You are more than welcome to be intelligent.  I never doubted you were not. I also still have high hopes that you can think outside that specific box.

Studies have shown that highly creative people are highly intelligent but highly intelligent people are not always creative. The fact that highly creative people have a higher correlation with intelligence than vice versa suggests creativity is simply a higher form of intelligence.

Ex:
    Regarded highly intelligent people were also creative: Highly intelligent individuals such as Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, and Beethoven were highly imaginative, curious, and creative–all creating new concepts and ideas that have value. For example, Einstein’s famous “thought experiments” were the key to coming up with the Theory of Relativity. Einstein imagined what it would be like to ride a light beam and from thenceforth sprung his insight and understanding of the nature of light and time. This is not to suggest that Einstein didn’t also have a deep understanding of quantum physics and mathematics (measures of his IQ) but his breakthroughs started with his creative imagination. That’s probably why he said “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” Ultimately, our high regard for these intelligent individuals comes from their innovations that only their creative intelligence could aspire.

Please go on believing as you will and I will continue to do the same. We shall see each other again.  I'm sure. Intelligent people and creatively intelligent people seem to interweave from time to time.  This post was edited by Merlin at January 15, 2018 7:48 PM MST
      January 15, 2018 10:15 AM MST

I'm still missing your logic in connecting intelligence, or is it lack of intelligence, and bad language - if that's what you are doing. Are you saying only poorly educated or simple people have an implied indulgence to swear? Would you limit that to intellect , or does ethnic origin or sexual orientation play a part in your arcane scheme too? Spunky clearly missed my point, perhaps intentionally, so let's forget that one. Are you perhaps saying intelligent people cannot have an inborn tendency to swear as other people may, and therefore they require no dispensation or forebearance for pursuing their natural bent? If that is the case then the inference is obvious.   This post was edited by Stemmata949 at January 15, 2018 9:09 PM MST
      January 15, 2018 2:48 PM MST

Are you saying that you aren't able to adequately express yourself without using foul language? 
      January 15, 2018 1:21 AM MST

Are you so insecure and seeking of approval you have to stand your avatar in front of a nationalistic flag?
    D'you see where I'm coming from. No, well aw shucks (oops).  
      January 15, 2018 5:52 AM MST

I'm not at all insecure.  What's your problem? 
      January 15, 2018 8:21 AM MST

Again, we come head-to-head.  I don't see Spunky Senior's avatar as insecurity.  I see it as being proud to be an American and one who has stood up for his country through good and bad times.  I see it as pride and dignity not insecurity.

Who is acting insecure here?  What happened to your intelligence?  Trust me. Spunky doesn't need me to stand up for him.  What astounds me is you would sink yourself to this level.  What is with the OOPs?  Do you not think before you post? Shall we go back to the intelligence topic, again? This post was edited by Merlin at January 15, 2018 11:49 AM MST
      January 15, 2018 10:34 AM MST

One correction, Merlin.  I'm a "she" not a "he."  Thanks for your support.
      January 15, 2018 11:17 AM MST

Hi Spunky~ I know.  I'm sorry.  I have no excuse.  I went into overdrive.  We've known each other for years... all the way back to Ask.com.. I think I was so flabbergasted by his comment, I kicked in my gender auto-pilot.  Sometimes women don't want others to know their sex and I must have subconsciously let that happen. 
    You know how I get when someone comes down on my friends, personally.  It drives me crazy :)  Big hugs and loves, Merlin This post was edited by Merlin at January 16, 2018 8:39 AM MST
      January 15, 2018 3:58 PM MST

I understand completely and thank you.  :)
      January 15, 2018 7:47 PM MST

You are baiting yourself. The veterans here will gobble you up.
      January 15, 2018 11:23 AM MST

Nice...go get 'em.
      January 15, 2018 10:21 AM MST

Makes me wonder about the poster when things like this come straight out of left field.  *Sigh*
      January 15, 2018 11:18 AM MST

Be dis bad langwij? Sue me.
      January 15, 2018 11:21 AM MST