Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Does it bother you being so poor you have to make out a budget for all your wants and needs and can't just spend wildly like a rich person?

Does it bother you being so poor you have to make out a budget for all your wants and needs and can't just spend wildly like a rich person?

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

No.  Whatever I can complain about someone else has it worse than me.  I choose to be thankful for what I have rather than think about what I don't.  That photo circulating of the little boy standing by a nasty lake in Haiti had an impact on me.  Not the president calling it a shit hole county, which it definitely is, but that child will remember that being his homeland ......nastiness with open sewer in the road.  
      January 15, 2018 5:19 AM MST

I don't think rich people spend "wildly."  They are able to buy things other people can't but "spend wildly" doesn't make sense to me.  You would not stay rich very long if you were that irresponsible with money.  It costs more to be rich, everything is relative.  
    Wealth brings a different set of greater responsibilities.  To those who much is given, much is required.  
      January 15, 2018 5:48 AM MST

Right -I guess so. 
      January 15, 2018 5:56 AM MST

Star!
      January 15, 2018 8:00 PM MST

But what makes you think "rich people" "spend wildly"?  I don't know any who do.  
      January 15, 2018 6:14 AM MST

I dunno.  I just thought they did -like I probably would if I became rich.
      January 15, 2018 6:21 AM MST

A bit, perhaps. What bothers me more is how little many wealthy people appear to give to others, and the way that some wealthy people talk about those who are less fortunate. 
      January 15, 2018 7:57 AM MST

My parents were bums, so I grew up poor, and it bothered me so much that I vowed my children wouldn’t. 

Now I’m not, and they didn’t. 
    Confused? 

PS- its misleading to think irrational spending solves any problems, or brings more happiness. There is a difference between using money well and throwing it around. 

January 15, 2018 8:23 PM MST

I have very few wants and needs.  I want to own my house that I  am working to own.  I want a roof over my head and I don't want to be a burden on anyone else and I want to have something to leave my daughter when I croak.  

I want very little.  

January 15, 2018 8:24 PM MST

Did you ever drive through a poor neighborhood? Stores have bars on the windows. Every vacant lot has a pile of broken furniture. It's expensive to be poor because the poor are characterized by frivolous excesses. The rich are the opposite. They buy good quality merchandise and take care of it. They are characterized by frivolous frugalities. After all, you get rich by NOT spending your money wildly.
      January 16, 2018 2:53 AM MST