Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Doesn't America have a long history of funding protesters/insurgents/uprisings to throw over despots. Do we now support the despots?

Doesn't America have a long history of funding protesters/insurgents/uprisings to throw over despots. Do we now support the despots?

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

To all intents and purposes, it would seem so. 
      January 15, 2018 4:10 PM MST

So someone turned on a switch or turned one off and now our response are totally different. I don't remember voting for that. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      January 16, 2018 2:11 AM MST

We have a long history of funding one to get rid of another only to have to get rid of the one we funded.  

January 15, 2018 4:12 PM MST

Exactly m2c. We've supplied weapons to some "freedom fighters" and had those some people turn around and use those weapons on us. How do you know what you're supposed to do to achieve long-term goals and protect your interests? Do we ever get it right? Is it always a crapshoot and never a sure thing? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday m'dear! :)
      January 16, 2018 2:13 AM MST

We have Israel's back...I know we have that right.
      January 16, 2018 6:25 AM MST

America has a long history of funding/supporting/installing whatever leaders are perceived to be in America's best interests at the moment...despots included. 
      January 15, 2018 4:16 PM MST

We've had some of the "freedom fighters" or whatever we call them to whom we supplied weapons turn around at some point and use them on us or give them to those who do. So if we always go with what we perceive to be our best interests short-term we have no way of knowing if it was wise or foolish until the after arrives and then it's too late. Can you think of any despots we supported that worked out really well for us in the long term? SIGH. The world is a dangerous place. No sure things. Always a crap shoot. Russian Roulette. Does luck have anything to do with it or fate or some unknown mysterious plan already in place whose end is predetermined? I dunno but it's confusing as he**. Thank you for your reply Bozette and Happy Tuesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 16, 2018 6:47 PM MST
      January 16, 2018 2:17 AM MST

I think perhaps you give our government credit not due.  
      January 16, 2018 6:50 PM MST

SIGH. If so that is unlike me. A mad moment of misspeak? I dunno Bozette. It's natural/normal for people and governments to do what they think is in their best interests. So if it appears they are actually doing something to help others the underlying reason undoubtedly is "what's in it for me?". Is there any act of altruism a government would do that might harm them? I know individuals are willing to do that but governments? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 17, 2018 3:01 AM MST
      January 17, 2018 2:57 AM MST

Governments have no conscience.  Why would you place them above people? 
      January 17, 2018 5:13 AM MST