Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you believe there's power in putting things out into the universe?

Do you believe there's power in putting things out into the universe?

I don't know if there is or not, but I treat it like I do prayer; it can't hurt. So, here goes!

I hope that instead of throwing her completely inexperienced hat into the ring, Oprah will use her massive wealth and influence to propel a qualified candidate to the forefront in 2020. I think Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams would be an excellent choice, or maybe Senator Cory Booker. I believe that most democrats understand that being a wealthy celebrity isn't a relevant qualification for president. 

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

Throwing something out the window is throwing it at the Universe. Hey...we're all part of the Universe.
      January 15, 2018 9:00 AM MST

I didn't say throwing! 

I guess it amounts to wishing on a star, but it cannot hurt. :)
      January 15, 2018 9:04 AM MST

Geez. OK...putting.
      January 15, 2018 9:07 AM MST

Intelligent universe
    put it out there
    Something will be touched.
      January 15, 2018 9:08 AM MST

I love this. Thank you, Baba! 
      January 17, 2018 8:45 PM MST

Putting things out into the universe.
    ?

NO.  That makes no sense.  Since everything is already OUT there.

It is necessary to focus on a goal and work on that focus for how ever long it takes.  It may manifest quickly or slowly.  But if you follow the path of your convictions, you will co-create your reality.  Oprah definitely does this.  Unfortunately, so do much more irresponsible people.  So, in the end, we reap what we sow.  

Oh and be careful what you ask for.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 18, 2018 1:12 PM MST
      January 15, 2018 9:31 AM MST

It's an expression, I think. Yes, I'm sure I've heard it before. I swear, I didn't make it up. I think it's the agnostic equivalent of praying. :) 

I'm not saying that Oprah wouldn't be an improvement, and admit that I'd have voted for her to prevent Trumpdom (I'd have preferred her over Hillary, I think). I'm just saying, there are some well qualified options, and I hope AND pray that she'll lend her support to one of them, rather than indulge in ego-preening as our current groper-in-chief did. 

January 17, 2018 8:56 PM MST

That's me babbling senselessly to anyone nice enough to put up with it.  Thanks for even reading that, Sav.  

January 18, 2018 8:37 AM MST

January 18, 2018 11:36 AM MST

Well, don't ever vote for a poor person for president.

Any natural born citizen over the age of 35 who has been a resident for 14 years is qualified to be president.

The president is about as important to the country as the figurehead on the front of a ship is to the ship. He/she has no control over where the ship of state goes, but he/she is always the first person on the scene.

The president's wife has almost as much influence as the president.
      January 16, 2018 2:33 AM MST

Poor person?

There's a difference between eligible and being qualified. Don't you agree?

I don't think that's entirely true. Certainly not the first person on the scene bit. 

That last sentence is especially laughable, considering our current president/first lady situation!
      January 17, 2018 8:34 PM MST

It is interesting that you meet two types of people when you tell them something they didn't know. One type says "I didn't know that." The other type says "No it's not." Most people are of the second type.

January 18, 2018 2:54 AM MST

LOL! 

You have a wonderful day. :)
      January 18, 2018 8:34 AM MST

I do believe it makes a difference
    I'm not sure if it pulls as much weight when it comes to politics... but like you said, it never hurts to try and help get their names out there to people who don't know. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at October 25, 2020 7:52 AM MDT
      January 17, 2018 9:01 AM MST

Thanks for your kind response, Merlin. :)

It probably doesn't, but it also doesn't hurt. I am positive I'm not the only person who's hoping that Ms. Winfrey stands firm on her promise to never run for president. Not that she wouldn't be an improvement from what's in the office now, but you know what I mean. ;) 
      January 17, 2018 8:45 PM MST

You're welcome:)  And, just so you know, I DO strongly believe that putting good energy, your needs and desires, etc., out to the universe is very helpful.  The Universe has many, many things to do everyday.  Lots of times when you gently remind it, you get your wish.  It doesn't ignore you ever.  :) :)  Your opinion counts and IS important. :)
      January 18, 2018 9:24 AM MST

January 18, 2018 11:35 AM MST

I take this back. I'd rather have had Oprah. 
      October 24, 2020 8:22 PM MDT