Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you want a dirge played at your funeral? I'm choosing Beethoven's 7th, second movement.

Do you want a dirge played at your funeral? I'm choosing Beethoven's 7th, second movement.

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

doubt if there will be a funeral
    when this body is finished.
    chop it up for dog food
    I don't care.
    I won't be living there any more.
      January 15, 2018 9:11 AM MST

Doesn't matter to me, I won't hear it. And Jewish funerals traditionally do not include music.
      January 15, 2018 9:48 AM MST

I don't plan on inviting anyone.  
      January 15, 2018 9:53 AM MST

• Beethoven is my favorite composer, but I wouldn't want any of his work played at my funeral. We Pentecostals love our music. The more upbeat the better. So we'll have some good ole, toe tapping, hand clapping numbers for the send off.
      January 15, 2018 5:58 PM MST

I have arranged to be absent from my funeral. I suspect that my family units will get together somehow just because they have no other reason to seek one another's company. I don't care if they play music or dance jigs or anything they choose to do. 

When my oldest brother died, the body was sent to the crematorium and the rest of us had a quiet lunch at the country club. Nobody in the family has ever been to a country club for any other reason. There was no music. A guy from his church spoke but I couldn't hear what he was saying. #2 brother was only interested in getting a share of the gold that #1 had been holding for Mom. He said he had debts, so I gave him the gold coins that I had collected. He is much more relaxed since then.
      January 16, 2018 2:25 AM MST

That's my Number One Favorite Beethoven piece! I'm not a Beethoven fan at all, but, to me, of those Beethoven pieces I've heard, this second movement outshines everything he's written.
    :)

I know I didn't answer your question.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 26, 2018 7:24 PM MDT
      March 26, 2018 3:38 PM MDT

I have often thought of having this one Enya piece be the only music played (if I choose to have a service)

I like Enya's music
    I like the simplicity of the song
    I like the lyrics especially
    And I'd ask to get permission to have this piece of artwork enlarged for everyone to see --  in fact, I'd just have them play this specific youtube video - - I love that piece of art.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 26, 2018 7:24 PM MDT
      March 26, 2018 3:45 PM MDT

Wow...an old question...Enya's music is mezmorizing. This post was edited by Element 99 at March 26, 2018 7:43 PM MDT
      March 26, 2018 7:26 PM MDT