Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't know if Nero started the fire or fiddled while Rome burned. But that is how we perceive him. INSANE. Was he?

I don't know if Nero started the fire or fiddled while Rome burned. But that is how we perceive him. INSANE. Was he?

The donjohn golfed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day rather than doing something for others as the King family has requested and as all other presidents have done since MLKjr was assassinated. Is donjohn insane or just a coldhearted uncaring selfish SOB?

Posted - January 16, 2018

Responses

What did you do for MLK day?
      January 16, 2018 10:57 AM MST

You are asking WHAT ABOUT me?  I am not the president of the United States m2c. ALL the presidents have honored the King Family request since Ronald Reagan, a REPUBLICAN president, created Martin Luther King day.  All prior preisdents have joined in with others on that day to do something for others. Your question is insulting and once again avoids the point I make entirely. As usual. Happy Wednesday. I am so very disappointed in you. I thought you were better than that.
      January 17, 2018 2:42 AM MST

In the 1990s, Clinton declared it a NATIONAL day of service.....
      January 17, 2018 7:27 AM MST

• I think maybe it's time to calm down. I didn't run off and join the Peace Corps yesterday, I didn't share the life saving technologies with the developing nations, nor did I bring comfort and hope to the starving and dying on the island of Haiti. I didn't work a soup line in a shelter, nor did I counsel youthful offenders in the juvenile system. That doesn't mean I don't care. I'll go you one better. I don't know of a single individual, regardless of background or position, who did yesterday. That doesn't make them coldhearted, uncaring or selfish. Nor am I. What I do find as repulsive is that someone would diminish the legacy of Dr. King by using him as an excuse for a spurious political attack.
      January 16, 2018 11:59 AM MST

Well, fortunately, no one diminished the legacy of Dr. King by using him as an excuse for a spurious political attack. 

But pointing out another example of Trump's insensitivity in general qualifies as a public service in my opinion. This post was edited by tom jackson at January 17, 2018 2:19 PM MST
      January 16, 2018 12:49 PM MST

Merci! :):):)
      January 17, 2018 3:34 AM MST

All of Rome's emperors were insane. Power and money made them all go loco.
      January 16, 2018 12:11 PM MST

Did they intermarry Zack? That makes for loco progeny for sure. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 17, 2018 3:33 AM MST

Just an anecdote---CS Lewis commented that the tragedy was not that Nero fiddled while Rome burned, but that Nero fiddled while on the brink of hell.

(No point intended. Just an observation.)
      January 16, 2018 12:52 PM MST

Wasn't CS Lewis the one who wrote fantasy novels? The name is so familiar. "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"? "Narnia?" Thank you for your observation tom. They are always welcome. Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 17, 2018 3:32 AM MST