Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Do you know anyone who lives in a grass house?

Do you know anyone who lives in a grass house?

The king of a small African nation had an elegant golden throne in his large grass hut. When an old friend came to visit from another nation, he was worried that the man would discover he was a king and treat him differently. He searched frantically for a place to hide the throne, but to no avail. Finally, he decided to have it wedged up in the ceiling of his hut.

When his friend arrived, he went to the hut's opening to greet him. Just then, the ceiling started to give way, and the golden throne fell on the king and killed him.

The moral of the story is this: People who live in grass houses should not stow thrones.

Posted - January 16, 2018

Responses

I've never heard that story but it does hold truth much more then the roof ;)

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head. 
    I do, however, know of many birds who live in dried grass hutches !!
      January 16, 2018 11:45 AM MST

Yes, several friends live in thatched houses. It id veru good insulation, both to keep the heat out in the summer, and to keep the heat in in the winter. There are new ones built every day.
    Alas, the thatch only last some 10 to 20 years then it needs replacing, so they are kind of expensive to live in.
      January 16, 2018 12:18 PM MST

Man Jakob!!!  I was going to go that route but thought everyone would think I was nuts!!!  Good Job!  Dam!  I wish I would have gone with it, too!!!!
      January 16, 2018 12:23 PM MST

You should see the ones strewn about the English countryside......so many are simply stunning.....

If they catch fire you are in trouble though.... I drove by a thatched house as one burned about a year ago....it was pretty scary...

January 16, 2018 1:23 PM MST

Only Rita Hay'Worth......Margret Thatcher and Jack Straw come to mind... :)D
      January 16, 2018 1:18 PM MST