Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which is more representative of you? Sticking to a plan without deviating from it or going off the beaten path frequently? Why do you?

Which is more representative of you? Sticking to a plan without deviating from it or going off the beaten path frequently? Why do you?

Posted - January 17, 2018

Responses

Life is fluid, Rosie. We are well served to allow for unforeseen contingencies in any serious plan. If life teaches nothing else, it’s that. 
    Any earnest undertaking should be guided by a plan, but  —in my view— not surrendered to it.
    How boring would it be to live absent the wondrous random diversions that life throws at us? 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 18, 2018 2:49 AM MST
      January 17, 2018 3:38 PM MST

How true!

Some would refer to the sentiments expressed in your first seentence as "the principle of navigational change."

January 17, 2018 3:53 PM MST

Indeed, ...wise people.

To the others, I hope I have been perfectly clear... This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 18, 2018 2:55 AM MST
      January 17, 2018 5:00 PM MST

Yes, you have been perfectly clear---too bad that's not all that is needed for all other people to actually understand.....
      January 17, 2018 5:16 PM MST

Then my campaign to dominate the world is already off in the ditch. 
      January 17, 2018 8:11 PM MST

I'm pretty much a scairdy cat Don B. I'm not remotely adventurous. My younger sister is the one who is. I don't remember ever going off the safe path by choice.  Sometimes situations arise where choice is not an option and you just have to deal with what is. I do admire the brave adventurous daring folks. I stay safely on the ground and watch. Of course I've missed out on a lot of experiences and adventures I could have had. On the other hand  I'm here and safe and content. Someone said "man is not made for safe harbors". I don't  know who said that but I am definitely meant for safe harbors. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday to thee!  :).
      January 18, 2018 2:55 AM MST