Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are some trivial things that annoy you?

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Posted - January 17, 2018

Responses

...slow drivers
    ...Drivers texting while driving
    ...People texting while walking down the street
    and never looking where they are going...
      January 17, 2018 8:59 AM MST

What I am gathering Baba is texting while doing anything but sitting doesn't work for you.  I agree.  If you are going to communicate with someone, at least give them the respect to be paying attention to the written conversation at/in hand.  If you would like to chat with them, wait until you get home and call them.  Invite them to walk with you.  Don't drive, chat via text, and walk at the same time.  
    Let's master walking and chewing gum at the same time first. ;)
      January 17, 2018 11:41 AM MST

Facebook addicts
    Extreme leftists 
    Mornings here
    People on there phone when their out on an outing with you
    Dogs in public places (except seeing eye dogs)
      January 17, 2018 9:22 AM MST

It's coming...wait for it...
      January 17, 2018 11:19 AM MST

Meteorologists, when reporting the weather, report and act as if the only "good" weather is "sunny, hot, clear" days.
      January 17, 2018 11:26 AM MST

It really irritates me when people put ceramic or glass on glass.  Use a coaster.  #1. The sound makes me cringe  #2. I just got done dusting it before you walked in.
    Drinking one sip out of anything, leaving it at a table and opening something else.  You don't have to finish it but at least take more than a guppy sip.  It's such a waste.
      January 17, 2018 11:59 AM MST

One thing. I find it really irritating when you take a pleasant solitary stroll through the forest, spot a nice low-hanging bunch of ripe bananas, avail yourself of this, God's precious bounty, and the monkeys start up such a racket you'd almost think you had stolen their own, personal, bunch of bananas. It happens every time.
    Anyway, lately when I go for my daily constitutional I've taken to carrying a hefty pitchfork with me. Now when they voice their strident objections to my presence, I give them something to squeal about.
      January 17, 2018 2:41 PM MST

Ahhh !!! you just need to tell the bunch of monkeys to Fork off and hang around else where I think..... :) D 
      January 17, 2018 3:15 PM MST

Usually things that have to do with driving will get me going.  I hate it when someone pulls right out in front of me and then proceeds to go at a snail's pace.  Worst part about it?  There will be no one behind me.  I also get really annoyed when someone fails to use a turn signal and it seems older drivers that should know better do this.  Don't even get me going on those that are willing to text on a busy highway and possibly cause a fatal accident.

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at January 18, 2018 2:16 PM MST
      January 17, 2018 2:48 PM MST

PeaPod, I am smiling big-time over here. 
    George Carlin Quotes. Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Please call the next time you go out on the road, PeaPod... I'll make sure I give it a half hour before I enter the stream of traffic!!  

January 18, 2018 2:20 PM MST

The toilet seat left up.
    Cabinet doors left open.
      January 17, 2018 2:57 PM MST

Oh my dear friend Lulu's mom, I would drive you crazy in the kitchen.  :( :)!!  I drive Don crazy.   Sometimes, I leave the cabinet doors open after I put away the dishes.  He, inevitably comes into to the kitchen, not paying attention and BONKS his head on them.  
    This starts the "SH*T!!! MMmmeerrllllinnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!...*()*&^%$#$%@!!!!!:) "  confirmation that he did hit his head.  At this point we start another little game we play... It's kind of like cat and mouse only with words... "But, but, but... I was in a rush because you were coming home and I wasn't on the computer all day and I could have closed the cabinets if I were paying attention but I wasn't  and oh, my!!  I'm sorry."  All of this starts flowing freely out of my mouth. It's like a whirlwind of words that just won't stop.
    It always ends with a kiss on his head, a hug and a promise I won't do it again....... to be continued when I, again, do the dishes...... Winks and smiles!! This post was edited by Merlin at January 18, 2018 2:54 PM MST
      January 18, 2018 2:30 PM MST

My son and I are both tall and are good about closing those doors so we don't bump our heads.

It must be a tall peoples thing LOL.
      January 18, 2018 2:55 PM MST

Trivial Pursuit ... I'd much rather cut to the chase and get right  down to the Nitty Gritty ..... :) 
      January 17, 2018 3:08 PM MST

• Dog's that bark non-stop, my computer restarting on it's own when I'm in the middle of something, loud and obnoxious people, forget about a freshly brewed pot of coffee then remember it after it turns to tar.
      January 18, 2018 2:04 PM MST