Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pedophile Larry Nassar has been given another sentence. Read below for all of them. How long d'ya think he'll survive?

Pedophile Larry Nassar has been given another sentence. Read below for all of them. How long d'ya think he'll survive?

Sentenced 60 years for having child pronography
Sentenced 40-175 years for his sexual abuse of Olympic athletes
Sentenced 40-125 years for his sexual abuse of Michigan gymnists

I guess there has never been such an evil pedophile as him. Or at least not one that was caught and fileted before the country. Odds on how long he's gonna live in jail?

Posted - February 5, 2018

Responses

His goose is cooked................fortunately. Convicts don't take kindly to people that take advantage of children. He'll have to be segregated from the general population, but I hope they don't give him the luxury. This post was edited by Zack at February 8, 2018 3:12 PM MST
      February 5, 2018 7:56 AM MST

Here's what I don't get Zack. Allegedly some folks knew about what his "treatment" consisted and turned the other way. I can't believe that's true but the kids who were sexually abused say they told what he was doing to them and in some cases even their parents refused to believe it. So how evil are they and why?  His abuse went on for DECADES wherever he was. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      February 6, 2018 2:35 AM MST

There are people who devote their lives to capturing kids and turning them out on the internet for the pleasure of pedophiles.   They are raped, beaten, made to perform sex acts on anyone the captor demands.

So, there is no WORST pedophile award for this guy you mention.   The ability for humans to think of depravity and act on it knows no bounds.

There are kids who have not seen the actual light of day for years.  Drugged, beaten and raped to death.

So, no he is far from the worst pedophile. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 8, 2018 3:12 PM MST
      February 5, 2018 8:03 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon and Happy Tuesday.
      February 6, 2018 2:35 AM MST

I think if they put him in general population he's got a very short life span ahead of him. 
      February 5, 2018 8:22 AM MST

For sure. You probably read that the father of three girls whom he abused tried to charge him in court.  I can't imagine how furious I'd be if that had happened to my child. I'm not a violent person but I'm pretty sure I could make an exception for Nassar. Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Tuesday! :)
      February 6, 2018 2:37 AM MST

I did see the father of those girls attempt to get at Nassar and I'm pretty sure that the reason the judge didn't charge him with attempted assault is because she understood his position.  I'm not violent either, but I would feel the same way.
      February 6, 2018 2:02 PM MST

I saw it too and me too. I mean one child being sexually abused is bad enough but THREE? Thank you for your reply Spunky!  :)
      February 7, 2018 1:47 PM MST

He has to feel as though he failed to take care of his children and that has to be a terrible feeling for a father.
      February 7, 2018 8:49 PM MST

I wonder if his girls told him and he just couldn't believe them or if his girls kept quiet? The whole thing is on such a massive scale Spunky covering decades. Some folks knew and did nothing. Just like in the church. Some knew and did nothing . Just like in every company/profession/circumstance. Some knew and did nothing. I think the damage is irreparable. How it changed those children we may never know but it certainly wasn't for the better . Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 8, 2018 3:46 AM MST

I can sooner see the girls telling their mother than their dad, but we'll never know.  It's hard to fathom how widespread this is.  Let's just hope that now it's in the open the bad behavior stops.
      February 8, 2018 8:57 AM MST

He sure will know what fear and helplessness really feels like.  Blows me away how these guys think no one will ever rat them out, especially in this day and age of the ability to record things in real time.
      February 8, 2018 3:13 PM MST

Too bad it took so long for all this to come out in the open.  Look at how many lives he has ruined.
      February 8, 2018 9:32 PM MST

Why does it matter to keep giving him longer sentences than he obviously can't live to serve.....
    isn't one actually one life sentence surfice to keep him locked away forever.....
    All these court cases must cost millions ....wouldn't that money be better spent hunting down more peadophilles     or giving money to the families that's suffered.....
    Why  should the legal proffession keep making millions from it .......

Report maybe any new cases he's committed...but where is the sense in further costly trials ? 
      February 6, 2018 2:56 AM MST

He entered into plea agreements, so there were no actual trials.  Because of the oddities of our criminal justice systems, a "life sentence" does not always mean a life sentence.  Due to the fact that he was sentenced under both federal and state law, and the way the sentences were structured, he will serve natural life, though.  The length of the two state hearings was to allow victim impact statements, which could be both cathartic for his victims and humiliating for him.

The real money will now be made by the lawyers as the lawsuits begin against the university, the national gymnastic governing body, and the US Olympic Committee.  
      February 6, 2018 4:07 AM MST

What childish rules we all have to live by........when will just common sense prevail !!
      February 6, 2018 1:44 PM MST

Common sense is not profitable...but I suspect, from reading some of your posts, that you already knew that on a level that few do. 
      February 6, 2018 1:54 PM MST

Yes,the parasitic State that runs the world needs to be delt with first I think....:( 
      February 6, 2018 1:59 PM MST

Indeed. 
      February 6, 2018 2:00 PM MST

In most ever way I think......lol
      February 6, 2018 2:02 PM MST

Here's why. He abused girls in Michigan. He abused Olypians. He abused others elsewhere. Each set of abuses DESERVED to be dealt with and punished. In my opinion. Each time another sentence was reached it was made public. An acknowledgement to each set of young girls that their abuse was being taken seriously and dealt with. Which set of girls would YOU have ignored  D? What if you had a daughter in each group? Which abuse would you pass by because he was already charged and convicted? You are not a parent, right? Pretend you have 3 daughters. Each was abused by him in a different place. Which daughter would you ignore? Which damage/heartache/abuse would you pass over because it was already dealt with elsewhere with others? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thy (it rhymes) This post was edited by RosieG at February 8, 2018 3:14 PM MST
      February 7, 2018 1:53 PM MST

By all means make all of his crimes public as it give closure to the families ,I can only but agree with that..... I would be happy knowing he will never ever leave prison .....sentencing someone to five hundred years makes a mockery of the entire  justice system  

Even the most half witted knows he will never be able to serve that term....

None are ignored as he will die in prison .......Hopefuly the other inmates will administer hands on justice......
      February 7, 2018 5:21 PM MST

I shall never understand two things. Why the girls who complained (some to their parents) were not believed. Why many people KNEW and did nothing. I can't comprehend either of those situations and both prevailed FOR DECADES. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Thursday to thee! Sad days these. From under every rock everywhere the scum of humanity crawls out and is being featured front and center. There are so many of them it seemingly is endless. SIGH.  The judge who handled the Olympians let EVERY GIRL SPEAK. I think there were 156 of them. EVERY SINGLE ONE GOT HER DAY IN COURT to relate what she endured during the "treatments" inflicted by the evil bas**rd Larry Nassar. It took many weeks and probably cost a lot of money but no one was ignored by her. No one. She listened to each one of them and forced everyone else to listen. I applaud her! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 8, 2018 3:53 AM MST
      February 8, 2018 3:50 AM MST

I know I've said this before Rosie......Sir Jimmy Saville.......Super Fat Sir Cyril Smith Liberal MP were both serial filthy pervert for decades......

Our police force ,other members,departments  of the government  knew and supported them both.....

Saville use to abuse handicaped children in care homes and hospitals ......lours e's knew and tried to help but athorities chose to take no notice.....

Would they condone it if their kids were involved.....most likely they would as they all must be just as sick in the head as those that do it.....
      February 8, 2018 4:05 AM MST