Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you like when people take your picture?

Do you like when people take your picture?

Posted - February 7, 2018

Responses

No.  People should always ask before touching the camera button.  It's one of rudest things I can think of and these days people think they need to take pictures of everything...meals and their dogs and cats doing nothing in particular.......just being the absolute cutest ever little Fefee.  It is a bit sickening and displays some sort of mental problem to have to, and want to, document the most mundane things in life.  Just live and put the camera away.
      February 7, 2018 1:09 PM MST

Yup.
    :)
      February 7, 2018 2:25 PM MST

If I know my picture is going to be taken, I've been asked - - I'm OK. Even though I usually looked stoned out of my mind with a crooked smile and eyes that often go-to-slits if I smile largely or laugh.

Other than that, I'm with Thriftymaid's answer! Ha!
    :)
      February 7, 2018 2:27 PM MST

• i don’t mind as long as they ask my permission. i also prefer they don’t put it on social media without my permission as well. 
      February 7, 2018 3:00 PM MST

I don't mind if asked, but please show it to me first if it's going up on social media.  I personally enjoy the casual get togethers without all the darn picture taking.  
      February 7, 2018 3:15 PM MST

Nooooo, I absolutely loathe my picture being taken.. up until I was 44 I never ever allowed my pic to be taken. which in hindsight was a shame as looking back I was probably relatively ok looking back then.. I only began to allow and accept my picture taken when I joined a dating site.. and even then I only posted a pic to scare everyone away!
      February 7, 2018 3:21 PM MST

Thanks for your response.
    Don't be too hard on yourself and good luck in your romantic ventures.

February 7, 2018 4:46 PM MST

If your idea was to scare people away, I'm afraid it backfired on you.  I love your picture.  It shows you are kind and pretty and smart.  You might want to pick another picture if that was your intent.  Besides, for those of us who have known you for years, we already know how pretty and smart you are. Big Smiles.  
      February 8, 2018 12:40 PM MST

it dont bother me any
      February 7, 2018 3:55 PM MST

Not really.  I'm not photogenic whatsoever, so being photographed makes me feel very self conscious.
      February 7, 2018 4:13 PM MST

Me too at times.
    Especially when using a cell phone camera. They don't always seem to take the best pictures.
      February 7, 2018 4:49 PM MST

NO, they tend to make me look old, although my kilt makes a nice picture. 
      February 7, 2018 5:04 PM MST

No....I've told people to stop taking them so many times yet still hoards of them go missing....  :( 

February 7, 2018 6:16 PM MST

It depends on whether or not the photo might be used against me . . .

~

February 7, 2018 9:01 PM MST

I know I'm almost always on camera when I am out in public so I'm used to that but when I have to pose for a picture I've learned to hold my head up and smile so I look less irritated.
      February 7, 2018 9:30 PM MST

• I usually can't stand it. Sometimes if I'm in a good mood, I'm okay with it (as in my profile picture), but most of the time I don't want my picture taken (I'm alright with candid shots most of the time, but posed shots where I have to stand there and smile make me anxious). 
      February 8, 2018 1:22 AM MST

I don't mind but they usually think my cat is more attractive. 
      February 8, 2018 1:32 AM MST

I'm sorry to giggle... that is probably not true.  That is what YOU think, probably NOT most others.  You are so funny sometimes!!!
      February 8, 2018 12:42 PM MST

Yes.  I like it when people take my picture.  I don't photo-bomb photos like some people I know and I don't like it when I'm picking my nose...
    But as a general rule, I don't mind. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at February 14, 2018 9:59 AM MST
      February 8, 2018 12:44 PM MST

I'm usually the one BEHIND the camera and I usually take pictures of people when they are NOT posing....those are always so much better!!
    I really don't mind my picture being taken by someone I know, but when it's someone taking pictures of their friends or vacation sites, I usually will try to get out of the picture or turn my head so they don't get my face in their photo. My wife doesn't ever want her picture taken...hides her face when she sees someone with their camera or cell phone aimed at her....

February 14, 2018 10:04 AM MST