Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are the Dems doing everything, they are accusing President Trump of doing with Russia?

Are the Dems doing everything, they are accusing President Trump of doing with Russia?

A meeting with a Russian to get campaign dirt:
Don Jr (R),  Adam Schiff (D)

Was willing to get dirt on opponent from information from Russia.
Don Jr (R), Hillary Clinton (D)

Tried to get meeting privately with Steele using a lobbystfor Russian oligart and did not want a paper trail:
Sen Warner (D)

Posted - February 9, 2018

Responses

Yes, however if you check most news sources the only thing you will find is Pelosi and her marathon speech or other anti-Trump news.  Nothing about Clinton, Obama the FBI and DOJ conspiracy and evidence against them.  Unbelievable, completely and totally.  I had no idea how corrupt the news organizations are..We might as well be living in Russia. Now I see why Trump tweets.  It's one of the few ways the truth can get to the American public.  What a tragedy.  
      February 9, 2018 7:28 AM MST

Even your buddy Dubya Bush is saying it. https://nypost.com/2018/02/08/bush-pretty-clear-evidence-that-russians-meddled-in-election/
      February 9, 2018 7:50 AM MST

That's what surprises me.. that the sanctity of your voting system may have been violated but no one seems to care.. that's odd to me
      February 9, 2018 10:39 AM MST

How do you know that? We have more than 323 million people in the US. It's a huge generalization to say that nobody cares out of that many.
      February 9, 2018 12:01 PM MST

Good evening Stu.,. you would note, I hope, that I used the word SEEMS.. this denotes that I am not saying that this is so..  Seems is not a generalisation or an accusation.. I am very sorry it seems to have triggered you. In commenting I was more than prepared to have you respond in an enlightening way..It was, on my part a statement that I expected you to challenge..  

What I hadn't perhaps expected was for you to misread and get hung up on what you perceived. 

I did choose my words carefully, I almost always do.. I used the word seems intentionally and that was based on the fact that on here, my font of all knowledge, I have been told repeatedly that people are not bothered and it's nothing.. Now, note that I DIDN'T say it was nothing and I didn't say all Americans and I didn't use the word nobody... 

So. I am all agog, please enlighten me... are people bothered?  
      February 9, 2018 12:32 PM MST

I don't think it's a matter of people not caring, but for most folks, including me, our priorities are getting up and going to work every day and taking care of our families. Other stuff is mostly noise, and most people's day-to-day lives don't change much depending on who's president.
      February 9, 2018 5:37 PM MST

No one is saying they did not meddle. They always meddle. So do we in other country's elections. They do not believe it effected the result and the Russians did not hack the vote count.
     Did they collude with Trump campaign? No proof so far. 

Bush is not my buddy...

This post was edited by my2cents at February 9, 2018 3:16 PM MST
      February 9, 2018 12:24 PM MST

Thank heavens for British Intelligence - means foreigners can try, and we know they do try... but they wouldn't succeed 
      February 9, 2018 12:33 PM MST

Why is that comma there?
      February 9, 2018 8:33 AM MST

Both are equally bad if true. In the case of Hilary, however, the Russians did NOT like her they DID show support for Trump and they did ACTIVELY work against Hilary.. so while it's being entirely overlooked that the worrying thing is that they were able to meddle or in any way, however small, in the American voting system.. the fundamental bedrock of democracy - I do think the meddling, such as it was was clearly anti Hilary.
      February 9, 2018 10:43 AM MST

Not all was anti-Hillary. So was anti-Trump and most was just to get both sides fighting. 
      February 9, 2018 1:11 PM MST

Interesting... I can only go on what I read and admit that the influencing a further investigation of Hilary at a time crucial to her campaign must not have helped. However, I tend not to follow Trump news as well as I used to, (have too many other things to do unfortunately) so perhaps there have been collations of further evidence.
      February 9, 2018 1:26 PM MST

Some of the ads were promoting 2nd Amendment, some Black Life's Matter, some specifically about Ferguson MO....just stuff that people on both sides tend to have strong opinions about.
    I think the one thing that hurt her the most was Comey coming out right before the election and saying the case was open again. And now we know that Fed Deputy director McCabe slow walked the classifed emails on Wiener's CPU for awhile before telling Comey. Who knows if he had not maybe it would not had hurt so bad if it was further from election.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 9, 2018 3:51 PM MST
      February 9, 2018 3:45 PM MST

have no idea
      February 9, 2018 4:33 PM MST