Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » If you could make a movie what would it be about? Who would the stars be?

If you could make a movie what would it be about? Who would the stars be?

Posted - February 9, 2018

Responses

It would most likely be a Space Odyssey about the Planets and I'd like to see Uranus in it ......  :)D 
      February 9, 2018 1:57 PM MST

hahaha : P
      February 9, 2018 2:51 PM MST

It would only viewable on Moon'day when my Mar's out ...hehe  
      February 9, 2018 3:11 PM MST

Will there be Nice Jugs in it too?  They always add a lot.
      February 9, 2018 8:35 PM MST

Juggernauts  are always pop out in the rushes........if it was a political film I'm pretty sure it woul involve a huge cover up ...  :)D
      February 10, 2018 3:42 AM MST

•   February 9, 2018 2:50 PM MST

Every movie has already been made 1,000 times over.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      February 9, 2018 4:14 PM MST

Even the story of your life? Who would play you?
      February 9, 2018 4:15 PM MST

No one would go see it. 

That is like me singing on American Idol.  No one would care.  

Some things are not that interesting.  I am not a boring person, I just have zero to tell you about.   I am too involved in the decimation of this country by a moron.   That is my deal these days and I don't want another movie or book about it.  I want that piece of garbage impeached and gone.

So, I have little else to offer and maybe next year I will think differently and pick up a book on another subject.  Right now, I think the world is ending.  No more need for any movies. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 20, 2018 6:02 AM MST
      February 9, 2018 4:35 PM MST

I understand. I gave up talking about him shortly after he got elected.
    It may be too late to deal with him now so I just kind of live happily in my own life for now and I watch very little news until his term is over.
    I'm trying not to worry about things that I can't change.
    I don't want to be extra depressed because of Trump.
    Hang in there. : )
    Thank you for your response.
      February 9, 2018 7:25 PM MST

i wouldnt make a movie
      February 9, 2018 4:26 PM MST

It would be a documentary about the ship and her crew -- "The Californian" - - the ship that was in sight of the "Titanic" as she floundered. She could have helped the "Titanic" but chose not to and sailed away in a different direction.

Hardly anyone seems to know of this, it seems to me.

Highly recommended book -- "The Other Side of the Night: The 'Carpathia,' the 'Californian,' and the Night the 'Titanic' Was Lost" by Daniel Allen Butler
      February 9, 2018 7:28 PM MST

Wow, that is very interesting.
    So many people died and they just sailed away huh?
    Must've been scared that they would sink too?
    That would make an interesting documentary.
    I may have heard recently that some say it wasn't actually the iceberg that sank the Titanic, but a fire.
    I wonder if that's true? This post was edited by Summer at February 11, 2018 3:30 AM MST
      February 9, 2018 7:59 PM MST

I need to re-read that book. I can't remember all the details to help you out in your reply.
      February 10, 2018 6:19 PM MST

There being beauty in acceptance of an ugly fate. Starring someone with great talent but not as much recognition (in the West) yet; say, Go Ah-Sung.

Go Ah-Sung
    Set in the nineties with cinematic technology to match, widescreen, yellow subtitles to foreign languages (rather than the standard white captions) and lighting both dark and colorful--very crimson.
      February 10, 2018 4:20 AM MST

Cool
    You seem to really appreciate film and have an eye for detail.
    Thank you for your response. This post was edited by Summer at February 10, 2018 6:20 PM MST
      February 10, 2018 6:46 AM MST

My reply to you came off as a separate answer about Danilo_G - -- check out my "answer" about Danilo- - it was supposed to be a reply to your comment to his answer.
      February 10, 2018 6:28 PM MST

Thank you, Chloe; it's a fine question. How would you answer it?
      February 11, 2018 3:41 AM MST

Oh, thank you.
    My movie right now would be all about the internet and the the romantic online connections that end up spilling over and causing drama in real life.
    I think it would be very relevant for the time we live in. 
    I imagine a lead actor like Ewan McGregor or Sean William Scott playing opposite an actress like Zoe Saldana or Reese Witherspoon as online love interests.
    Hey maybe the movie could follow multiple online relationships and their drama.
    I just think it would be interesting. : )
      February 11, 2018 8:23 AM MST

Sounds good, and very relevant indeed! Reminds me of Disconnectshould you have seen or be interested in that one, though your angle would be more focused there.

(Didn't realize that's a Symmetra avi until just now--nice.)
      February 11, 2018 10:50 AM MST

Danilo_G is one of the nicest, most intelligent and intriguing people on this site. Danilo_G posts are always worth reading. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 11, 2018 3:30 AM MST
      February 10, 2018 6:22 PM MST

I love him too, Welb.  He's so nice.  And so smart.  YEPP
      February 10, 2018 6:23 PM MST

"Great minds think . . . "
    :)

No surprise to me that you think so, too.
      February 10, 2018 6:26 PM MST

Gee, now that's a pleasant first thing to read in the morning. Thank you very much; you're both the kind of people who make others (provided they know how to listen) want to be better too.

Since I've never been good at taking compliments, though, I must say something to deflect it a tiny bit, if you'll forgive me. So, my actual topic for a film would be how much easier you'll find carpet beating if you do it over the heads of regular, unwitting pedestrians.

Looking forward to your movies! (Sharonna, how about one that treats the usefulness/uselessness of itself?)
      February 11, 2018 3:40 AM MST