Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Last night on a cable TV show time was given for abuse victims to have their say. Shocking it was because?

Last night on a cable TV show time was given for abuse victims to have their say. Shocking it was because?

Here is the because. One mother counseled her daughter to just live with it because her husband was a good provider and took the family on great vacations. I'm not joking. So what would you counsel YOUR  daughters to do if they were getting  the crap beaten out of them regularly? Why?

Posted - February 10, 2018

Responses

I would advise her to get out. If she would not then I would call the police to make sure there was a record. 
    And he could end having an accident....
      February 10, 2018 11:42 AM MST

Guess who did all that already?  Both his other wives.

Uh huh.  Get this.  You won't believe your ears.  NO ONE LISTENED.
      February 10, 2018 2:28 PM MST

They're Mormons Sharon and the wives went to their Mormon church Bishops and the Bishops UNIFORMLY told them to hang in there. Same was true for those who were Catholic and went to their priests. The priests just told them to suck it up.. Shocking? Well they are MEN after all aren't they? It's the mom of the one woman that blew me away. What kind of evil piece of sh** is she? My two cents' worth. Apologies for the intrusion.
      February 11, 2018 3:23 AM MST

Well these were letters from women who had experienced being beaten and humiliated m2c and when I saw that letter I simply could not believe it. Parents are supposed to PROTECT their children from. However old they are. They shouldn't tell them to just live with it because of the benefits. Thank you for your reply.
      February 11, 2018 3:20 AM MST

I am afraid I would go to prison if anyone hurt my daughter.. I would never, ever want her to put up with that. Better to be poor and safe than with someone of that nastiness. Such people rarely change. 
      February 10, 2018 2:01 PM MST

Ooh I forgot to say though.. I do recognise that in previous generations the attitude was perhaps different, child abuse and domestic abuse was glossed over, hidden and the police didn't want to get involved. The mother you mention speaks from a position of ignorance. 
      February 10, 2018 2:02 PM MST

How many mothers like that are there? How many fathers are guilty of incest? It is all beyond disgusting. People like that should not be parents. Pity the children. :(
      February 11, 2018 3:26 AM MST

There were about  dozen or more letters read and also shown on the TV screen so we could read along with the show's host from women who had been physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally beaten. They were heartbreaking. They went for help to various sources and were told to just suck it up or they weren't believed. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      February 11, 2018 3:25 AM MST

I would not counsel.  I would make it happen.  I don't want to even know that I could have prevented my child's harm and I did nothing but listen to her.   I need to save her and she can hate me but at least she will still be breathing to hate me.

I would not let it happen.  NO.  
      February 10, 2018 2:29 PM MST

I'm an intense person. Emotional. Passionate about what I feel/believe. But I am NOT a violent person Sharon. However I can see myself killing such a bas**rd as that and have no regrets at all. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. SIGH. How many mothers are there out there like that mother who valued great vacations more than her daughter's safety/well-being? Thank you for your reply! :) It was on Lawrence O'Donnell's show. He devoted that last few minutes to showing us and reading to us all these letters. It was simultaneously very moving, very shocking and at the end of it I was so angry I wanted to stomp on all those perps. It was a public service and I'm glad a MAN of integrity chose to devote some of his program to doing that. This post was edited by RosieG at February 11, 2018 3:32 AM MST
      February 11, 2018 3:29 AM MST

This shouldn't surprise you at all. This is just the base side of male nature and the base side of female nature playing out.

Most women who are abused are in that situation in the first place because they are attracted to aggressive males. She can't take responsibility for the fact she is dry as a desert for gentle guys. That would be admitting a lack of virtue and it's something most women are incapable of doing, even to themselves. Everything is always someone else's fault.

Women are deeply intuitive creatures. They don't typically chose an aggressive male because they failed to see what he was. She knew what he was, but thought she could make his aggression work for her. She thought he would sin for her and she could reap the ill gotten gains while remaining lily white in the eyes of society.

If I had a daughter in this situation, I'd tell her she should have known better and that if she is a decent person she will be attracted to someone decent. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 12, 2018 12:25 AM MST
      February 11, 2018 3:53 AM MST