Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Is there a married mugger couple with one partner a devout believer and the other vehemently atheist?

Is there a married mugger couple with one partner a devout believer and the other vehemently atheist?

Posted - February 14, 2018

Responses

Please, please, Nooooooooooooooooo!
      February 14, 2018 4:43 PM MST

I have dated religious men before. With one, his religion was the center of everything he did, and I thought it was amazingly beautiful. He was a genuinely good and kind and loving man. With another, he basically used his "faith" as a crutch. He didn't lead a good life, nor was he noble or virtuous. I found him to be quite simple, which sounds harsh, but he was. I think he was religious by default because he was incapable of critical thought.

Eh... I guess my marriage kind of fits this description as well. When I got married, my husband and I were the same religion, but I dropped it as I matured. He's still active in the religion and is involving the kids in it. Ugh. I can only hope I'm raising them well enough that they'll become critical thinkers and drop it on their own too. 

All three mentioned here were totally different religions, BTW. I don't think I'll ever date a religious person again. It breaks my brain.
      February 14, 2018 5:08 PM MST

Thankfully our parents banned us kids from learning about such nonsense at school....not a single thing about it makes any sense. .....
      February 14, 2018 6:34 PM MST

My wife and I once fit that description, but she shed her rigid Christian indoctrination that she “only believed because her parents forbid any other thinking” (her words).

After she and I were married, she found that my “godless heathenism” (her sister’s words) made more sense than the dogma she was accustomed to as a child.
    We’re still in love -and both infidels- 5 kids and 30 years later. 
      February 14, 2018 5:59 PM MST

Good for you.....I'm happy for your wisdom....:)
      February 14, 2018 6:23 PM MST