Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Yet another school shooting in America I've just heard on tv here in England . When will enough be enough and weapons banned and handed in ?

Yet another school shooting in America I've just heard on tv here in England . When will enough be enough and weapons banned and handed in ?

Posted - February 15, 2018

Responses

Never try to argue with a gung-ho, trigger-happy American about gun control, D. They love their guns more than they love their children.

In Australia, we had 10 mass shootings in the ten years leading up to Port Arthur. Thst one was particularly horrific (record number of deaths until the Orlando nightclub massacre surpassed it), so gun controls were tightened. No mass shootings in 22 years since. Coincidence?
      February 17, 2018 8:04 PM MST

Sadly what you say could be true....
    We are relatively free of gun crimes over here .....Longer sentence might help the problem of owning  and certainly using  them..... 
      February 19, 2018 4:55 AM MST

Eighteenth school shooting in the US this year, and it's only February.

I propose that America names all its schools "uterus", so Republicans will care about children dying in them. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 17, 2018 4:48 PM MST
      February 17, 2018 2:55 AM MST

February 17, 2018 7:35 PM MST

It's sad when natural disasters claim so many lives, but they are just part of nature ,people live in earthquake zones ,live where typhoons are frequent....New Orleans is below the water level of the oceans and was a disaster waiting to happen....... All are un preventable unless your homes were made to withstand such things....

18 different school shooting in 43 days since Christmas cannot be viewed as rare occasions ,it's an epidemic and Americans need to stop it as quick as it can....

February 18, 2018 3:36 AM MST

Do you own any guns/ gun ? 
      February 19, 2018 4:56 AM MST

No. What does that have to do with anything? 
      February 19, 2018 9:36 AM MST

It has nothing to do with anything.....I was just being inquisitive .....you can ask me if I have one if you want...
    Thanks for your reply....:)
      February 19, 2018 3:04 PM MST