Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What are some positive things about being bipolar?

What are some positive things about being bipolar?

Posted - February 17, 2018

Responses

You get to ask lots of questions about it. This post was edited by Element 99 at February 18, 2018 2:47 PM MST
      February 18, 2018 6:27 AM MST

Perhaps being able to see both sides of a problem at the same time - from different directions.
      February 18, 2018 7:55 AM MST

Nothing that I've ever heard or read.  I've heard and read a lot.
      February 18, 2018 2:29 PM MST

The euphoric highs. There's often a lot of creativity from many who have it. And even though the lows can be complete hell, a lot of people with BP say they wouldn't get rid of it if they had a choice to. 
      February 18, 2018 8:21 PM MST

I couldn't tell you.  It looks like a nightmare to me.  My daughter has this and I know there is something about the mania that used to attract her, back when she was young.   She said she felt very intelligent and things were very clear to her on a level she could not access in her normal mental state.

I am sure that as an addict, I can relate to that.  There is something about feeling good that people will sacrifice a lot for.  There is a reason.  You feel powerful in a good way, until the floor drops from under you.   A person in mania is like a drunk or someone who has taken too much of a 'wrong for them' drug....they make bad decisions and don't realize it.  Like staying up for days on end.  Like going shopping and not leaving the store for 12 hours.  Like acting like a zombie and not caring that you are out of control.

Only people who are highly sick and dysfunctional think this is is enjoyable even in the slightest.  I attribute youth and the newness of dealing with the disease as a chief reason that mania is considered attractive.  

There is nothing good about depression.   We all know what feeling lethargy and not wanting to get out of bed feeling feels like.  We say "Oh, I'm depressed."  But that is not clinical depression.

You don't want it and I know of no soul on earth that wants that.

I had a taste of it once and I would have killed myself if I were not so terrified that I would die and never be able to release myself from it.

HELL

I was in HELL and I felt there was no exit.

So, that is the other half of the bi-polar cocktail. 

Please sufferers, please take your meds.  Don't give up.    It does get better. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 18, 2018 10:21 PM MST
      February 18, 2018 9:57 PM MST