Discussion » Questions » Politics » What are some examples of "common sense" gun control measures?

What are some examples of "common sense" gun control measures?

I have heard a few over the last few days that I would support. 

Posted - February 18, 2018

Responses

The underlying problem is too many guns. That makes it easy for wack jobs to get them. The US has the highest per capita rate of civilian gun ownership in the world, and the highest number of mass gun killings. Those figures canNOT be coincidal!
      February 19, 2018 3:43 AM MST

So what? The goal is to reduce the number of deaths, not gun deaths. Make guns unavailable and people will just use knives, vehicles, IEDs etc etc.

Making something more difficult doesn't deter wack jobs. These people are highly motivated. They're ready to die. They're ready to spend the rest of their lives in prison. They're not going to just decide it's all just "too much of a hassle" and take out their frustrations on Call of Duty instead.

I'll admit that banning weapons might reduce unpremeditated crimes of passion. Though I don't care. Being armed is a right and I'm not going to lay down my rights on the altar of sentimentality.
      February 19, 2018 4:51 AM MST

And when your child is shot dead?
      February 19, 2018 4:53 AM MST

I hope if I were in that situation I'd remain rational. Most people who have lost loved ones can't think rationally and objectively about these issues and should be ignored.
      February 19, 2018 5:13 AM MST

It's a hoot to hear people talk about common sense and gun control in the same sentence. Anybody who proposes to control somebody else's right (any right) is severely lacking in common sense.

"Control" in this business is like a strangler: he doesn't want your air, he only wants to control your right to breathe.
      February 19, 2018 4:27 AM MST