Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Food, drink, shelter, clothing has intrinsic value. They combine to keep people alive. But money is worthless on its own. Right?

Food, drink, shelter, clothing has intrinsic value. They combine to keep people alive. But money is worthless on its own. Right?

People impute such great value to money that it means more to them than children's lives. They keep proving that after each school slaughter/massacre. All the money to be made from all the products that can cause people to die.  Can't underestimate that. Imagine how many bazillions of bucks the gun manufacturers, gun sellers, gun lobby, NRA would lose if guns were controlled in the USA? We can't have that. So of course the sky's the limit and if kids are slaughtered periodically well it's one way of thinning out the population isn't it? They go on making guns, selling guns, buying guns, using guns without hesitation and without missing a beat. A trick of the mind or something far more sinister?

Posted - February 19, 2018

Responses

It is not about money. It is about Constitutional rights. 
    The NRA is not so random rich special interest. 
    It is a National group made up of 4.5 million Americans who ask them to defend their 2nd amendment rights. 
      February 19, 2018 5:28 AM MST

Hezbollah provides humanitarian aid in Gaza, Hamas on the West Bank. Both are terrorist organizations, like the NRA. A greater percentage of the population of the Occupied Territories belong to these groups than the percentage of Americans who join the NRA. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 19, 2018 5:38 AM MST
      February 19, 2018 5:32 AM MST

:):):)
      February 19, 2018 5:38 AM MST

Who has the NRA terrorized? That is simply ridiculous to imply that the NRA is the same as Hama or Hezollah....this type of rhetoric is why nothing gets done each side takes a crazy side and there we go....nonsense. 
      February 19, 2018 5:39 AM MST

They terrorize Congress into impotence. They did it after Aurora. They did it after Sandy Hook. Orlando. Vegas. Seventeen more, mostly children, now lie dead - and their blood is on the hands of vested interests who refuse to countenance any level of gun reform, like the NRA.
      February 19, 2018 5:46 AM MST

No, that is not terrorism. Reminding a politician what they campaigned on is not terrorism. It is a demonstration of a democratic republic in action. Just as the groups such as the Brady Campaign hold their supported candidate's feet to the fire on gun control issues. Or pro life and prochoice groups who do the same thing. 
    That is not terrorism...that is politics. 
      February 19, 2018 6:06 AM MST

Reminding politicians what they PAID for is blackmail and bribery. Terrror doesn't have to involve bombs.
      February 19, 2018 6:13 AM MST

Did I say anything about campaign contributions? No, it is about keeping campaign promises. If you claim during and election you will be pro-(insert issue here), there is nothing wrong with groups who supported you or voters who supported or did not support remind a official of the claimed positions. 
    I have emailed my Dem Sen when she talked about voting for "immigration reform" that during her campaign she claimed that as a former procecuting attorney, she would never support any form of amnesty.  Of course I got a form email back. But I believe my email mattered, also all the emails from an immigration group. Again this is not terrorism, not bribery, it is the political process.
      February 19, 2018 6:25 AM MST

4.5 million out of some 700 million Americans? is the NRA really such an insignificant minority
      February 19, 2018 5:50 AM MST

That is what is on their site as number of members. Not every 2nd amendment supporter is a member. I am not currently a member. 
      February 19, 2018 6:08 AM MST

To answer your question - I don't know about that. I do pretty well with money.

But in your tirade against the gun industry I think you forget that there are industries benefitting as well. For instance pursuant to a school shooting someone has to do the funerals and that can mean coffins and services - for which someone needs to be paid.  Unless they donate their services for publicity. People are being paid to clean up the sites after.  Some schools pay for "therapists" for the surviving kids and their parents.  Some survivors  by tokens like dolls and other memorabilia to commemorate their lost  loved ones.  Someone is providing refreshments, dinners, and drinks. Maybe the school will hire more security personal.  So whatever happens some people will benefit financially. 

Money represents  security to most people.  The more you have the more secure in life you feel. Of course you may not live to spend it but just having it there gives you comfort and a broader margin in your life.  Also it makes you more able to help others in ways that require money.
      February 19, 2018 7:16 AM MST

Poaching provides economic benefits as well---how about pointing out the benefits for that as well.
      February 19, 2018 9:07 AM MST

Hooray. Let's kill a lot of schoolchildren to support the small businesses.
      February 19, 2018 10:31 AM MST

That first verb should be have, not has, because you're referring to plurality, not a single entity. 
      February 19, 2018 9:36 AM MST