Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Think about your favorite meal: do you know how to cook it yourself, or are you just good at eating it? ~

Think about your favorite meal: do you know how to cook it yourself, or are you just good at eating it? ~

Posted - February 19, 2018

Responses

Rib-eye steaks. I can cook them and eat them. Along with the usual sides. They vary.
      February 19, 2018 7:24 AM MST

Despite what I tell myself, I'm actually a really good cook (I make a lot of my meals from scratch).  In fact, I kind of enjoy cooking.  I just crank up the tunes and go to it.  Unfortunately, I don't like to eat (never have).  I'm bad about skipping meals.  To justify this I tell myself that I'm a horrible cook so why even bother cooking (even though those who've had my cooking don't agree).  So while I enjoy making my "favorite meal" (I can spend hours perfecting it), I don't enjoy eating it.
      February 19, 2018 10:19 AM MST

Interesting. I also like to cook for others but not for myself. I baked a couple of apple pies and didn't eat any. I WILL eat my guacamole, though.
      February 19, 2018 2:52 PM MST

My favorite meal is a plate of vegetables along with a casserole that involves pasta and cheese.  

I've heard it said that Southerners are the only Americans who consider homemade mac and cheese a vegetable.  Well, at my house, it's also the protein for the meal. 

I have fresh beans and squash to cook tonight.  Don't think I'll do mac/cheese though.
      February 19, 2018 10:20 AM MST

I have 3 favorite meals---Prime Rib, Chateaubriand, and plain old roast chicken---and appropriate side dishes.

And while I would appreciate the effort, don't waste your time trying to cook them the way I like them...

Even my wife defers to me on those 3---and she is one excellent cook.

February 19, 2018 12:34 PM MST

• My favorite thing to eat is baked salmon with steamed broccoli and a dinner roll. I have no idea how to actually cook anything so I just wing it and hope for the best. It turns out pretty well I guess salmon is easy to cook. 

Mu local walmart had fresh salmon that was reduced to clear so I got a bunch. 

February 19, 2018 12:39 PM MST

Sounds good as can be.  I'd go with Hot fresh sourdough bread with buttery butter as well. 
      February 19, 2018 12:57 PM MST

I love Pizza but I'm allergic.  I break out in fat. 
      February 19, 2018 12:56 PM MST

Don't we all?
      February 19, 2018 2:55 PM MST