Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is it more important to own an ASSAULT RIFLE than TO try to see if not owning one saves kids lives? Just give it a try?

Is it more important to own an ASSAULT RIFLE than TO try to see if not owning one saves kids lives? Just give it a try?

Posted - February 23, 2018

Responses

??? You are babbling.

Did you ever get stopped for speeding? The cop was wearing a gun, wasn't he? They wear guns to be sure motorists will be polite. An armed society is a polite society.
      February 23, 2018 1:23 AM MST

I have to say that when I didn't own an assault rifle I saw no evidence that by not doing so saved a single kids life. I have one on order now, and when it arrives I'll try my best to judge whether the possession of it creates any observable rift in the sphere of likelihood, or unlikelihood, of a child's death. I'm sure this scheme has a snowflake's chance in hell of meeting with your approval, but before anyone takes umbrage and starts shouting and throwing rocks at cars or through the windows of local businesses, let me add that, having completed the experiment to my satisfaction, and obtained what I think is accurate, meaningful data, I intend to pass the weapon on to some random passer-by in furtherance of our experiment.

February 23, 2018 3:01 AM MST

What is on order exactly?
      February 23, 2018 2:53 PM MST

Some people are changing their minds.

February 23, 2018 4:03 AM MST

Thank you for sharing that.
    It warms my heart to see somebody who actually cares enough about human life to get rid of that AR-15.
    It gives me some hope.
      February 23, 2018 3:09 PM MST

So you are saying that people who own assault rifles are going to go out and kill kids. 
      February 23, 2018 5:00 AM MST

There are 8mil of these AR15s. We have not had 8mil mass shootings, school or otherwise. 
    These guns are used daily to defend people and their family.
    Do you think a shooter would go into this school?
    This post was edited by my2cents at February 23, 2018 5:09 AM MST
      February 23, 2018 5:07 AM MST

We need to start securing the schools, since a simple sign in front of the building hasn't done anything.  Other than an outright ban on guns, what laws would have prevented most of these shootings?  They've largely been failures of the current system.  People stealing someone else's gun or people who wouldn't have been able to purchase anyway who slipped through (the Texas church shooting- which was stopped by a guy with an 'assault rifle'.).

Lock the doors from the inside for example.  In order to get in after classes start, you push a buzzer & can only get in if you're admitted, kind of like some apartment complexes.  Lock classroom doors, too.  Metal detectors.  Allow staff to be armed.  And hire a veteran as security.

99.99%+ of all guns have killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car.
      February 23, 2018 5:20 AM MST

And don' unlock the doors at dismissal time. That is what the FL shooter exploited.
      February 23, 2018 5:39 AM MST

How about requiring that any student who lives in a household where there are guns has to be home schooled? Maybe the responsibility for the wrongful use of guns should lie with the gun owners instead of with the potential victims.
      February 23, 2018 6:28 AM MST

But I don't even own any guns and that didn't stop any school shootings. Even if I did, I'm not a maniac that would go on a killing spree with it.
      February 23, 2018 9:13 AM MST

"It is amazing how stupid a person can be when his position depends on not understanding something."
    ~ Unknown
      February 24, 2018 3:12 PM MST