Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Education » Are you going back to school for something? What courses are you taking? Why?

Are you going back to school for something? What courses are you taking? Why?

Posted - February 28, 2018

Responses

no, i end up flunking out if i go
      February 28, 2018 2:39 PM MST

I just finished extra school.  I have had it with school for awhile.  I was supposed to be done in a year and I took an extra 200 hours .

KILL ME NOW.

No more school.  All it taught me is how dumb I really am.

February 28, 2018 3:27 PM MST

Awww...I'm sorry to hear that it took longer than anticipated.
    Hang in there.
    Thank you for sharing. : )
      February 28, 2018 4:23 PM MST

No.  Law school was the end of formal for-credit school.  I take online classes from Harvard just because I enjoy it.
      February 28, 2018 11:58 PM MST

Wow, that's dedication.
    Thank you for your response.
      March 1, 2018 12:07 AM MST

I'm doing something through Harvard Business School right now and then circling back around to start a business degree after. It's the natural progression of things. I genuinely love to study and have always been the type to pick up one-off courses, professional certifications, and do workshops, but I haven't felt like I was in a place to start a formal degree program until now. Actually, I still don't feel like I am now- it's a major balancing act between other responsibilities, but it's now or never. 
      March 2, 2018 1:42 PM MST

I admire your spirit.
    Getting your degree while supporting your family can't be an easy task.
    I figure maybe I'll just apply for some good paying jobs that I have absolutely no qualifications for and just tell them what they want to hear. If I get the job I'll have to figure it out really quickly or I'll get fired?
    Have you ever done that?
    Just tried to get a random job that you're not supposed to have?
      March 2, 2018 1:55 PM MST

lol No. I have not done that. I've only had five formal jobs in my life. I accepted my last formal job like a decade ago and I didn't even interview for it. lol On a side note, I didn't interview because I took a job working for my family's dentist and I had already been volunteering in his office. He was a brilliant dentist and now teaches at a dental school. Back then, I appreciated his approach to dentistry and knew I could learn a lot by working for him, so I asked if I could volunteer my time once a week in his office. I did that for a considerable length of time. Maybe six months or so. When they had a position open, he offered it to me. If you're looking to improve your job prospects without going back to school, you could try something similar- volunteer until you have the skills. 
      March 2, 2018 2:18 PM MST

Thank you.
    I wonder though if it might be more lucrative for me to rent out a space and make a sign for my own dental practice?
    I believe that you are a treasure trove of dental information. I could just start practicing dentistry immediately and use you as my online consultant.
    Together we could make enough money to get my teeth fixed professionally. LoL!
    What do you say? This post was edited by Summer at March 2, 2018 4:00 PM MST
      March 2, 2018 2:26 PM MST