Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Broward Sheriff Israel, should he be removed by FL governor?

Broward Sheriff Israel, should he be removed by FL governor?

1. Sheriff lied about number of times they went to shooters home. Many of the visits to home had no report filed.
2. He made an agreement not to make arrangements at school. (Perhaps if they did maybe he would have been in system to deny gun purchase)
3. His deputies did not go in after the shooter....this is the general national protocol in active shooter situations. Priority #1 stop the killing...go to the shooter.
4. He refuses to take any responsibility for his deputies actions.
5. The Broward Co. Procedures do not require deputies to enter during active shooter situations. He did not reveal this during questions and threw his deputy under the bus implying that he was required to enter. 'Should have went in found the killer, and kill him.' 
6. There may have been an order not to go in unless they had body cameras...none had them.
Here is a link to Sheriff procedures. 

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/02/26/broward-sheriffs-office-protocol-not-require-engaging-active-shooter/

Posted - March 1, 2018

Responses

I really do not know much about this.  But I do know that when something bad happens that we have no control over we naturally look around to cast blame.  Thus extending and multiplying tragedy perhaps to make us feel better or reassure ourselves.  But these things happen and really there is nothing we can do about them.   
      March 1, 2018 6:42 AM MST

I believe we can secure our schools. If everyone does their jobs. This school claimed to be safe with the one way in/out and an officer at the school. That was all a lie. There were many ways in/out. And the officer is not required to engage with the shooter...that is why he is supposed to be there. 
      March 1, 2018 6:52 AM MST

But don't you think that in a free country we might always be at risk?  Meaning that anyone dedicated to blowing people away will likely be able to do it until stopped or killed.  Wanting John Wayne to go in with the Marines at Iwo Jima is just a fantasy.  In reality people don't want to be killed or even kill.  Which is the way it should be. 
      March 1, 2018 7:06 AM MST

Yes, there will always be a risk anywhere. 
    I do believe if you sign up for a job, you should be expected to follow through with it. That means an officer is to enter the scene to stop an active shooter. That means a fireman goes into a fire to save people to from the burning building.  That means a soldier follows orders. That means first responders go in to dangerous situations to save people. If someone is not able or do not agree to the responsibilities needed to do what is necessary they are in the wrong job. I believe people know what they are generally suitable for a type of job.
      March 1, 2018 7:17 AM MST

Throw the bum out.
      March 1, 2018 6:50 AM MST

We agree on something....looks for lightning overhead. Lol
      March 1, 2018 6:57 AM MST

the fbi dropped the ball....this guy dropped the ball...why? because this one had to happen so they could push the gun control thing again.
      March 22, 2018 9:44 PM MDT

Yes.

Without any doubt what so ever.

March 22, 2018 9:46 PM MDT