Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » R U CRAFTY? RU CREATIVE? Have you ever participated in a "craft" show and sold what you make? What DO you make?

R U CRAFTY? RU CREATIVE? Have you ever participated in a "craft" show and sold what you make? What DO you make?

Posted - March 4, 2018

Responses

We make and paint statues for your yard. 
      March 4, 2018 7:17 AM MST

You do? Geez m2c I'd order a unicorn mom and child from you. Remember what my Answerbag avatar looked like? I'd like something exactly like that. That is really good to know. So when you say you "make" statues are they of clay? Do you sculpt? Are they made of Wood? Do you carve? What materials do you work with and do you have a favorite statue in your yard? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      March 5, 2018 4:44 AM MST

I don't have a mold on a unicorn right now. But if I come across one I will let you you know and see if you are interested. 
    I can sculpt but really don't have the patience for it. I like to take a piece and change it. Adding details or closing something in to make it an easier mold.  Our statues are concrete. 
    I only have a fountain in my yard it is a 7ft tall with 4 tiers.

I only have the fountain, a 5 foot gator, a long neck dinosaur, and a 2 ft tall frog in my yard. I don't really have a favorite piece that we sell. I just like to have a variety of items. 
      March 5, 2018 5:11 AM MST

You have a gator m2c? Oh that is so funny odd. Jim's sister Jo (sadly deceased) had a motorhome space in Arizona where she and her husband lived during the winters. Their home was in a Reno suburb and she did not like cold weather. Anyway she had a little rock garden in her very small front "yard" and the centerpiece of it was a brightly colored alligator! I kid you not!  Your fountain is beautiful. Do you have a water system running through it?.
      March 5, 2018 5:18 AM MST

Yep. Gators are a good seller. Our biggest sellers are gators, frogs, turtles and morel mushrooms.
      March 5, 2018 5:28 AM MST

Morel mushrooms? That specific? I'm a mushroom gal. I buy them every week and sometimes use them raw in salads. They're good in soups and stews and stir-fry too! Also mushroom burgers or braised mushrooms in a wine sauce? Yum! :)
      March 5, 2018 5:32 AM MST

The morels actually out selling everything. We sell between 250-400 each year. Most of the time peope buy more than one. They want a little cluster of them in their yard. 
    I don't eat mushrooms. But I am glad so many people do. 
      March 5, 2018 5:44 AM MST

Wife made a reasonable turn with her craft. 

But shows or fairs don't get the footfall they used to anymore. 

March 4, 2018 3:32 PM MST