Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When someone wins it is at the expense of the someone who loses. Some speak of "win win" situations. Got an example?

When someone wins it is at the expense of the someone who loses. Some speak of "win win" situations. Got an example?

Posted - March 4, 2018

Responses

I can have a win, win if I wake up and the heart is still beating and I can make it to the bathroom without peeing on myself LOL.
      March 4, 2018 3:45 PM MST

Very cute Lulu'sMom. You know they have chairs with pots in the seat just for that? Keep one by your bed and voila! No worries! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      March 5, 2018 4:36 AM MST

Yes, I know I had one of those pots for my mom. But my bathroom is not that far so even with the close calls I am able to make it.
      March 5, 2018 10:06 AM MST

Free trade. We all benefit from what each other does best. Protectionism costs all round. 
      March 4, 2018 4:25 PM MST

That makes sense to me Malizz. So what's going on with the donjohn prez that he seems to be a tariff lover? I don't get it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      March 5, 2018 4:37 AM MST

Looks like he's already lost out on an Electrolux factory. 
      March 5, 2018 8:02 AM MST

Win win is a made  up term to describe the unknowable and pretend it is going to be a good outcome.

That is based on what we know.  That is based on a very LIMITED number of facts, considering the MIND OF GOD is eternal.

You, the people, say win-win.  God laughs. 

God says, Don't Worry, Children, it is all win-win in the end.  You are all winners and losers in the game.

And no one win wins.  That would be extremely unbalanced when following a path to God.  God is everything.  We need to experience everything on this physical plane.  We seldom get it on one try.  Thus, reincarnation.  Some people only get it after millions upon millions of lifetimes I am told.  Which seems absurd, until you consider the nature of eternity.

We cannot consider it, we don't know what it means yet.

Win win is all we are.  Love is all we are.  Life is a dream and we are eternal.  At least that is the story which seems the most likely. 

March 5, 2018 8:33 AM MST

For me, win-win describes the outcome of a dyadic interaction that by definition has a number of possible outcomes--

To wit: both parties win; neither part wins (laughingly referred to sometimes as a "compromise'") one party wins and the other loses, and both parties get what they want---win-win.
      March 5, 2018 1:32 PM MST

That's nice, dear.
      March 5, 2018 8:32 PM MST

No, thank you, dear
      March 6, 2018 1:51 PM MST

Actually, just this week---and on a personal level.

Someone accused me of something that attacked my integrity.  I demanded an apology.

After completing his due diligence, he discovered his error.

Win-win---saved me the time necessary to expose his ignorance; saved him a lot of embarrassment.

March 5, 2018 1:04 PM MST