Active Now

Spunky
Slartibartfast
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can you LOVE someone with whom you cannot communicate...exchange ideas/views? What is it you LOVE if you don't know such things?

Can you LOVE someone with whom you cannot communicate...exchange ideas/views? What is it you LOVE if you don't know such things?

Isn't what someone thinks indicative of the type of person he/she is? Where do feelings for someone come from if not the knowledge of whom a person is, what he/she thinks and feels?

Posted - March 5, 2018

Responses

That is a tad broad, don't you think?

I can love someone who doesn't like my musical tastes.  I can love someone who doesn't like my food choices.  I can even love someone who is an atheist.

I cannot love someone who thinks they have the right to denigrate other races.  Other people.  Hates animals.  Hates children.  Hates a specific race or is a Republican.

Okay, maybe I can excuse Republicans, if there are extenuating circumstances.

I cannot love anyone who is behind Trump and has an IQ over 10.  NO EXCUSE.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 6, 2018 7:47 AM MST
      March 5, 2018 7:48 AM MST

The picture is very interesting.

Look at the size of the hands of the gentlemen dressed in the white suits.

Makes me wonder what that pointed hood is intended to obscure---or imply.

Edit---perhaps that is why Trump doesn't need a pointed hood. This post was edited by tom jackson at March 5, 2018 1:09 PM MST
      March 5, 2018 1:08 PM MST

Are you familiar with the movie that won the Academy Award for Best Picture Sharon? "The Shape of Water" In it a mute lonely woman "falls in love with" an aquatic creature that is kept in water. At the end she goes into the ocean with him and his magic provides her with gills and they live happily ever after. Do they communicate by mental telepathy? Does his magic include their speaking the same language? Inquiring minds wanna know. Yes. My question is very broad. That is always my intention. I catch more fish that way when the net is broad! Thank you for your reply! :). This post was edited by RosieG at March 6, 2018 7:54 AM MST
      March 6, 2018 7:50 AM MST

• Well so much for me showing up at your door with candy and flowers. I guess that's off the ole bucket list.
      March 5, 2018 9:50 AM MST

I'm pre-diabetic so the candy is out. Also I prefer to enjoy flowers in their natural habitat. Why cut their lives short so some human can put them in a small container filled with water and watch them die? That never made sense to me. I also do not like corsages. Not that you asked but what WOULD I would prefer?  Going to a Farmer's Market and meandering around the different vendors to see what looks good. OR going to a fancy dancy imported foods store. I'm a Foodie. I love to cook. I love to encounter new things foodwise I've never tasted before. So I don't know if ya wanna add that to your bucket list. If you do we both have to use sunscreen and we can decide which Farmer's Market to visit. The best one I ever visited was on Oahu by one of the colleges. Also Santa Monica, California has killer Farmer's Markets. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee ub! :) Oh of course you can bring your significant other with us as I would bring my Jim. A double date sounds great! :)
      March 6, 2018 8:00 AM MST