Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Grading/rating systems are used to inform parents of the nature of a movie. Adult/kid-friendly. Don't adults need one too?

Grading/rating systems are used to inform parents of the nature of a movie. Adult/kid-friendly. Don't adults need one too?

A rating system that gives adults a HEADS UP when they are visiting a FAKE NEWS site so you know that what you are reading is bullsh** crap. Wouldn't that be loverly?

Posted - March 5, 2018

Responses

It would be a great help if it were possible.

Unfortunately, it is apparent that news is consumed frequently by an uninformed (electorate) and they have been shown to be quite gullible in general.

March 5, 2018 12:13 PM MST

Believe it or not such a thing is being worked on as I write this. I didn't get the details but I thought that would be helpful so helpful. I think it's going to be a flag of a certain color attached to the site...something like that. Maybe RED for liars and GREEN for truthtellers? I'm not sure. I don't know how advanced it is. But it is a  SWELL idea that I just had to share.. It would be an impartial "judge" of truth and bullsh**. One that has no dog in any fight or ax to grind. There are already organizations that evaluate the truth/lie content of political speeches. That's how we found out that in his first year the donjack prez told over 2000 lies. They also show up right after a donjack speech. That way you'd know going in that if you were going to share the "news" that you would be spreading manure in some cases. Maybe many cases. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!:) This post was edited by RosieG at March 6, 2018 1:36 PM MST
      March 6, 2018 2:11 AM MST

I'll be interested to see how that works out.
      March 6, 2018 1:36 PM MST

Me to tom. Of course the problem is this. One man's bullsh** is nother man's gourmet experience. If you grow up on bullsh** that's the only thing that tastes good to you. I guess. Can tastebuds be "groomed" or "refined" or "educated"? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 7, 2018 5:14 AM MST

I think most people are smart enough to know BS when we see it.
      March 5, 2018 6:57 PM MST

Have you heard the line that the truly stupid do not know it?

March 5, 2018 8:18 PM MST

Apparently not m2c. Your faith in the degree of lack of gullibility of "most" people is far more than mine. Zillions of FAKE bots flooded the internet from Russia spreading lies and the pro donjack folks bought all of them and forwarded them. There were FAKE people and FAKE rallies and FAKE protests too...all embraced by the donjackers.  SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      March 6, 2018 2:15 AM MST

I can say without a doubt....I am not a victim of a bot Russian or otherwise. I do not use FB or Twitter or any other social media to get my news. I get my news from all the networks and I know which direction each leans and that the truth is in the middle. 
    Not all the Fake Russian stuff was anti-Trump. It was designed to make Americans fight and loose faith in the political system. 
      March 6, 2018 4:28 AM MST

I see that the Bilderberg Group have you exactly where they want you.

You say, "Not all the Fake Russian stuff was anti-Trump"---none of it was anti-Trump;it was all anti-Clinton.

If someone told you that the best place to stand was on the north bank of a river and someone else told you the best place to stand was on the south bank of the river, could we rely on you to stand at the midway point and tread water?

Edit---add "and tread water" This post was edited by tom jackson at March 6, 2018 1:48 PM MST
      March 6, 2018 1:46 PM MST

I did type that wrong I meant to say pro-Trump. But I will leave it so the thread makes sense.

"none of it was anti-Trump;it was all anti-Clinton."
    All was anti-Clinton??? Do you call an ad that says "Not My President" over Trump a proTrump ad? 
    Or an ad supporting Black Lives Matter. Or AntiPolice ads. Anti Gun ads.  
    Sure those were all Pro trump.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/us/politics/russia-2016-election-facebook.html This post was edited by my2cents at March 6, 2018 5:12 PM MST
      March 6, 2018 4:57 PM MST

Here is the GRADING SYSTEM.
    If it has this logo?  It is FAKE news.

March 5, 2018 8:19 PM MST

It's being worked on now Sharon. I don't know the details or how far along in development it is but some labeling will be affixed...like maybe a green flag for truth and a red flag for lies. Even if it never materializes isn't is a GRAND idea? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!

March 6, 2018 2:18 AM MST

Trying to create a "ministry of truth" is typical leftist thinking. Fake news is combated by encouraging people to think for themselves, not by encouraging them to trust an authority that promises to think for them.
      March 6, 2018 1:24 AM MST

Who is going to do that and what are their politics?  We can no longer trust any "news" because they are either feeding us what they want us to hear or what we want to hear. This post was edited by officegirl at March 6, 2018 4:23 PM MST
      March 6, 2018 4:45 AM MST

I already know which is the truth and which is BS. But there are many who do need it and I hope it will help.
      March 6, 2018 5:19 PM MST