Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » do you have a good recipe for cucumber salad

do you have a good recipe for cucumber salad

Posted - March 5, 2018

Responses

Place cut up cucumbers in a salad dish...pour some dressing on it. Voila.
      March 5, 2018 6:37 PM MST

Use some yogurt/sour creme

Image result for cucumber and yogurt recipe
    www.foodnetwork.com
    Preparation

Cut cucumbers in half and seed. Cut each cucumber boat in half lengthwise and then halve each quarter. ...
    Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and parsley (or mint) in a medium bowl. Stir in the oil briskly.
    Drain the cucumbers, return them to the bowl, pour the yogurt mixture over and toss well. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 5, 2018 8:11 PM MST
      March 5, 2018 8:09 PM MST

We learned this one in Peru:  Slice cucumbers, avocado and tomato paper thin, spread the slices of each out in fan shapes like a card hand (for presentation), drizzle fresh squeezed lime over it, and sprinkle some salt.  Yummay!
      March 5, 2018 8:33 PM MST

Very nice, I would also suggest lemon instead of lime and that salt is key.

I'm going to try it.  I like the presentation idea. 
      March 5, 2018 10:07 PM MST

I just dice (small) tomato and cucumber (some add onion but I don't).  Then add olive oil and vinegar or Greek dressing or a small amount of mayonnaise with some vinegar.   I love it and used to sometimes make it my dinner....a bowl full.  I haven't had tomatoes and cucumbers good enough for it in the past two years.  My fault for not going to the farmers market.
      March 6, 2018 1:32 AM MST

How about an anti pasta salad?
    Sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, shredded carrots, sliced onions, sliced hard salami and lettice cut up in bite size pieces with Italian dressing.Serve with garlic bread.
      March 6, 2018 11:32 AM MST