Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do redheads mind being called "gingers"? Why?

Do redheads mind being called "gingers"? Why?

Posted - March 6, 2018

Responses

Some do ,some don't......in many cases though it effects people's skin as well..like blondes the sun effects them more sometimes.....
      March 6, 2018 5:27 AM MST

My Jim is a retired hairstylist and for some reason he never liked red hair. I don't know if it means he doesn't like the supposed quick-to-anger aspect  of their personalities or their appearance. I never asked him why. Astonishing beauty is available in all colors. I don't have the personality of a blonde. I cannot imagine myself being one. I mean you have Doris Day or Judy Holiday or Marilyn Monroe or Jayne Mansfield or Lana Turner. My "personality" is nothing like theirs...not even close. I was a redhead once but not by choice. I stupidly  had my dark brown hair dyed black. I was in my mid-20s at the time. I HATED it! So I had my hair stripped and dyed back to my original  dark brown color. Within six weeks I was a redhead. I am not joking. So I went back to the salon had my hair DYED ONCE AGAIN to my original color and learned my lesson. Do not fool with Mother Nature. She doesn't like it and she will make you pay for it! AARRGGHH!  :( This post was edited by RosieG at March 6, 2018 8:03 AM MST
      March 6, 2018 6:05 AM MST

It look awful when roots show through...Ive always been happy about how I look...more's the point ,my dad was to....lol
      March 6, 2018 8:11 AM MST

Isn't blond with dark roots a style? Serious question. I've seen more than one gal wear it that way and I thought it was intentional. I love the look of highlights. You have your basic hair color but with the highlights it adds some glam and style! Your dad would have been very happy whatever you looked like D. :) 
      March 6, 2018 8:14 AM MST

If it is Rosie ,it's a new one on me........:)

I much prefer the unadultered look....
      March 6, 2018 8:23 AM MST

Oh well then maybe it's just that they didn't get to the salon in time. Actually it didnt look that bad but I'm not a really a good judge of that. I've seen dark-haired gals with a huge silver/gray streak in the front that seems very unnatural. I like highlights better! Thank you for the hair chat D. Let's see we exhausted the subject of hands a few months ago. We just did hair. Any preference for what's next? Eyes maybe?
      March 6, 2018 8:40 AM MST

I'll keep an eye out then for those questions.....lol
      March 6, 2018 10:15 AM MST

Happened while my hair still had some colour in it. Never minded. 
      March 6, 2018 10:05 AM MST