Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Even if you delete your AB posts, are they still forever recorded somewhere?

Even if you delete your AB posts, are they still forever recorded somewhere?

Posted - March 6, 2018

Responses

Considering the old AB is gone, I guess my old posts went to Heaven. (or Hell)
      March 6, 2018 7:50 AM MST

AB (AnswerBag) no longer exists, and all of its posts are lost to general access. I'm sure that computer experts know how to retrieve them, though. 
    ~
      March 6, 2018 8:03 AM MST

• "AnswerBag still has many old membership accounts (mine, for one), which make the membership and site look more active than it really is."
    I don't know if they kept any of the old posts, as I haven't looked into it that closely.
      March 6, 2018 8:09 AM MST

Like everything else on the internet it remains available for the CIA to use as evidence against you. 
      March 6, 2018 10:08 AM MST

God knows!
      March 6, 2018 10:16 AM MST

What are you folks talking about? AB is awfully quiet, but not dead. I mean the site still loads and even has four current posts. (Post # above 3,490,000 is a current post.) That is up from one or two per day since I stopped going there. I stopped because of several ill-mannered jerks fussing at me. They don't go there any more either. And we were almost the only members still active. 
      March 6, 2018 12:33 PM MST

But to answer the question, posts are kept in an archive. That's where most of the current activity is coming from. Most of the questions you see are over nine years old.
      March 6, 2018 12:35 PM MST
  • AG

They may still be around if a spider found them, or if they made an appearance on websites like the Wayback Machine. If not, you are out of luck. Probably.
      March 28, 2018 3:38 PM MDT