Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If any currently RED states turn purple or blue do the accolades and thank yous for effecting that go to donnyjack or something else?

If any currently RED states turn purple or blue do the accolades and thank yous for effecting that go to donnyjack or something else?

Posted - March 6, 2018

Responses

• In my corner of the world, there will be a retaliatory backlash against Congress generally and the GOP specifically. I've predicted all along that the majorities will shift over to the Democrats this fall and I stand by that. I'm not anxious to see it, but I've always had the idea that giving the GOP control on Capitol Hill is like giving a loaded pistol to an infant. They've never been able to lead and I think that most of it comes from being the minority party in government over a long span of history. They settled into that role and it was an easy one to play. A lot of our Congress members that spout off a form of Conservatism in an election year and think that it's enough are going to be surprised this year. I've got my finger on the pulse here and some of our incumbents are going to have a Wednesday morning hangover after the ambush they get in November. We are a red state that was born out of Conservative Democrat politics of the 1940's, 50's and 60's. We are not going to give up our Conservative politics, but neither will we be led down the primrose lane. A few of our more responsible GOP legislators may survive this fall, but some are going down hard. When you combine one of the nation's largest Hispanic populations(the largest east of the Mississippi River)  with an African American vote committed to Democratic candidates and throw in the rest of us split down the middle through sheer frustration, we have the look of "purple" long before a vote is cast. It's going to be interesting because this will be a reflection of real dissatisfaction and not a matter of yielding to a lot of election year baloney from the media that we'll hear every day until November. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 7, 2018 5:19 AM MST
      March 6, 2018 9:05 AM MST

Thank you for  very thoughtful analysis ub. You say Republicans don't know how to govern because they're used to being the minority party. I disagree with thee. Leaders always know how to lead. I think the problem is the lack of leaders in the Republican Party. Right now look at them. Spineless impotent bobbleheads. They SHOULD BE doing something but they are afraid so they remain quiet and lie low hoping it will all blow over. That is not leadership m'dear. What the party needs is an INFUSION of leaders. Where are they hiding? Just my 2 cents' worth. Now Paul Ryan finally is digging in his heels about the tariff. Too little too late. Happy Wednesday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 7, 2018 5:24 AM MST
      March 7, 2018 5:23 AM MST

I think we can thank Donald and his pals for that. Many of those that were on the right have already jumped ship.
      March 6, 2018 11:41 AM MST

They're doing so ever so quietly so those still on the ship won't target them for bullet-related extinction. Silence signifies agreement though. Doesn't it?  I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom! :)
      March 7, 2018 5:18 AM MST