Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If we are going to start bashing other religions we don't understand, how about all the underage sex in the BIBLE?

If we are going to start bashing other religions we don't understand, how about all the underage sex in the BIBLE?

Posted - March 10, 2018

Responses

With your infinite knowledge of religion and the Bible, I am sure that you will give the scriptures this time rather than what someone else says. You should really try reading the Bible before making bold faced claims about it.

(1 Corinthians 7:36) But if anyone thinks he is behaving improperly by remaining unmarried, and if he is past the bloom of youth, then this is what should take place: Let him do what he wants; he does not sin. Let them marry.
      March 10, 2018 5:41 PM MST

• You have that verse wrong.

"But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry." ~KJV

It's talking about HER being of age. Where do you get "he is past the bloom of youth"?
      March 10, 2018 6:00 PM MST

Trying to stay on topic, what is your point? My point is that the Bible is not full of underage sex, do you disagree?

Nothing in the verse is expressly feminine although translated that way. Notice some of the words translated to feminine and their actual meanings:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/nasb/1co/7/36/t_conc_1069036

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3933&t=NASB  
    parthenos

1. a virgin

1. a marriageable maiden

2. a woman who has never had sexual intercourse with a man

3. one's marriageable daughter

2. a man who has abstained from all uncleanness and whoredom attendant on idolatry, and so has kept his chastity

1. one who has never had intercourse with women

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1510&t=NASB

e
    imi - to be, to exist, to happen, to be present

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5230&t=NASB

hyperakmos
     - 
    1. beyond the bloom or prime of life

2. overripe, plump and ripe, (and so in a greater danger of defilement)

1. of a virgin

March 10, 2018 6:19 PM MST

• My point is you're appearing a false witness.  The two verses have totally different meanings in their respective texts. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 10, 2018 6:24 PM MST
      March 10, 2018 6:22 PM MST

What two verses? I only mentioned one.
    You sure are king on calling me a false witness this evening. I am glad to discuss with you anything concerning the Bible.
      March 10, 2018 7:49 PM MST

• Ok, that was my mistake.  I was intending to get across it's the same verse, two translations, both totally different in meaning by the wording.  So which is right?  It is the KJV.  Just go back a read both versions and maybe you'll see the he/she thing I'm talking about.
      March 11, 2018 6:06 AM MDT

Okay, let's look at the KJV and reason on it. The Bible often refers to the male gender when referring to both sexes, yes? By the KJV adding the female gender into it, it makes it as if under age males, all may be okay but underage females can be owned, can be treated 'uncomely' as long as they are not married and premarital sex with adult females is okay and they can then get married. Is that okay by you?

"But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry." ~KJV

He himself owns a virgin. If she is old enough, he can marry her. If he is uncomely towards a little girl, then he cannot marry her. I would think that there should be something more happening to this man for behaving indecently with a child other than just not being able to marry her, don't you?
      March 11, 2018 6:24 AM MDT

• no, No, NO!  I do NOT agree with you at all, nor anything taught by JW's.  Now I'm remembering us going through this all before.  I already debunked you on AB.  JW is a false doctrine, plain & simple.  You guys changing a word here, another there is highly spoken against in the Bible.  You have found NOTHING wrong in the KJV.
      March 11, 2018 6:36 AM MDT

Quote: "  I already debunked you on AB."
    Do you have dementia? If that's true, perhaps you can do it again? Gotta remember that making a claim is not the same as the claim being true.

So far, you have missed the point of the threads we are in like HERE - https://answermug.com/forums/topic/52558/did-muhammad-really-marry-aisha-at-age-6-and-deflower-her-at-age/view/post_id/452353/page/1

Try to stay within the bounds of what we are discussing. I don't care if you want to add a couple of issues but please respond to that being discussed before moving on.

Which version of the KJV do you use?

Why does Jesus want the children to suffer to come to Him?
    Mark 10:14 (KJV) But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Removing God's name makes it hard to tell who is being referred to. Much confusion adding to the trinity myth.
    Psalms 110:1 (KJV)The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Here's a few differences:
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20John%205:7-8;1%20Timothy%203:16;John%203:13;Colossians%202:2;John%201:18&version=NASB;HCSB;NKJV;NLT;NIV
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20John%205:7-8;1%20Timothy%203:16;John%203:13;Colossians%202:2;John%201:18&version=NASB;HCSB;NKJV;NLT;NIV
    n

Also notice that John 7:52 - 8:11 is not in the older manuscripts:
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+7%3A52-8%3A11+&version=NASB;HCSB;NKJV;NLT;NIV

If correct, wouldn't Jesus be the one needing to throw the first stone? After all, Jesus was the only one among them without sin and stoning an adulteress was the Law.

(Deuteronomy 22:23-29) “If a virgin is engaged to a man, and another man happens to meet her in the city and lies down with her, 24 you should bring them both out to the gate of that city and stone them to death, the girl because she did not scream in the city and the man because he humiliated the wife of his fellow man. So you must remove what is evil from your midst. 25 “If, however, the man happened to meet the engaged girl in the field and the man overpowered her and lay down with her, the man who lay down with her is to die by himself, 26 and you must do nothing to the girl. The girl has not committed a sin deserving of death. This case is the same as when a man attacks his fellow man and murders him. 27 For he happened to meet her in the field, and the engaged girl screamed, but there was no one to rescue her. 28 “If a man happens to meet a virgin girl who is not engaged and he seizes her and lies down with her and they are discovered, 29 the man who lay down with her must give the girl’s father 50 silver shekels, and she will become his wife. Because he humiliated her, he will not be allowed to divorce her as long as he lives.
    (Exodus 22:16, 17) “Now if a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged and he lies down with her, he must pay the bride-price for her to become his wife. 17 If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he is to pay the money at the rate of the bride-price.
    (Deuteronomy 22:22) “If a man is found lying down with a woman who is the wife of another man, both of them must die together, the man who lay down with the woman as well as the woman. So you must remove what is bad out of Israel.
    (Ezekiel 16:38) “‘And I will punish you with the judgments that adulteresses and women shedding blood deserve, and your blood will be shed in rage and jealousy.
    (Ezekiel 16:40) They will bring against you a crowd, and they will stone you and will slaughter you with their swords.
    (Deuteronomy 17:6, 7) On the testimony of two witnesses or of three witnesses the one who is to die should be put to death. He must not be put to death on the testimony of one witness. 7 The hand of the witnesses should be the first to come against him to put him to death, and the hand of all the people afterward. You must remove what is bad from your midst.
      March 11, 2018 7:09 AM MDT

• I bet you also believe in the Gap Theory. :P
      March 11, 2018 7:21 AM MDT

So, you making claims about what I may or may not believe is your way of dodging the conversation at hand or you missed the point and context of what was said again? 

If you wan't to know what JW's believe rather than just what you have heard, follow the biblical example and click HERE.
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015646#h=1:0-14:0
    What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe?

Or click HERE - Frequently asked questions

E
    DIT:

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/18166/how-did-life-begin

How did life begin?

This post was edited by texasescimo at March 11, 2018 8:27 AM MDT
      March 11, 2018 7:36 AM MDT

• I pretty much am dodging you because we went through ALL of this on AB!  We went on for days, til we were blue in the fingertips, neither swaying the other, pointless.  I do not believe what you believe, nor your translations, and that is never going to change.
      March 11, 2018 8:26 AM MDT

And you cannot answer questions about the KJV and refuse to look at other translations and/or concordances.
    A side note, ostridges don't really hide their head in a hole to escape.
      March 11, 2018 8:29 AM MDT

Oh my!  Does this mean that the Bible allows for guys like Nazzar to 'examine' all the young Olympians in an unprofessional manner?
      March 11, 2018 11:09 AM MDT

EDIT: Read your question wrong. What makes you think that?

A little more context may help:

(1 Corinthians 7:25-40) Now concerning virgins, I have no command from the Lord, but I give my opinion as one who had mercy shown him by the Lord to be faithful. 26 Therefore, I think that it is best for a man to continue as he is in view of the present difficulty. 27 Are you bound to a wife? Stop seeking a release. Are you freed from a wife? Stop seeking a wife. 28 But even if you did marry, you would commit no sin. And if a virgin married, such a person would commit no sin. However, those who do will have tribulation in their flesh. But I am trying to spare you.
    29 Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced. From now on, let those who have wives be as though they had none, 30 and those who weep as those who do not weep, and those who rejoice as those who do not rejoice, and those who buy as those who do not possess, 31 and those making use of the world as those not using it to the full; for the scene of this world is changing. 32 Indeed, I want you to be free from anxiety. The unmarried man is anxious for the things of the Lord, how he may gain the Lord’s approval. 33 But the married man is anxious for the things of the world, how he may gain the approval of his wife, 34 and he is divided. Further, the unmarried woman, as well as the virgin, is anxious for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in her body and in her spirit. However, the married woman is anxious for the things of the world, how she may gain the approval of her husband. 35 But I am saying this for your personal advantage, not to restrict you, but to move you to what is appropriate and to constant devotion to the Lord without distraction.
    36 But if anyone thinks he is behaving improperly by remaining unmarried, and if he is past the bloom of youth, then this is what should take place: Let him do what he wants; he does not sin. Let them marry. 37 But if anyone stands settled in his heart and has no necessity, but has authority over his own will and has made the decision in his own heart to remain unmarried, he will do well. 38 So also, whoever marries does well, but whoever does not marry will do better.
    39 A wife is bound as long as her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep in death, she is free to be married to whomever she wants, only in the Lord. 40 But in my opinion, she is happier if she remains as she is; and I certainly think I also have God’s spirit. This post was edited by texasescimo at March 11, 2018 12:16 PM MDT
      March 11, 2018 11:29 AM MDT

No, it forbids it. 
      March 11, 2018 11:29 AM MDT

Chapter and verse, please, that condones pedophilia.
      March 11, 2018 8:31 AM MDT

Better have a whole lotta coffee on hand waiting for an answer to your question. It's a good one. :)
      March 11, 2018 12:25 PM MDT

I would like to see a chapter and verse too as I either overlooked it in my reading or it's non-existent. 
      March 11, 2018 4:34 PM MDT

• There isn't one!  Beware of the self-righteous and the false witnesses!
      March 11, 2018 6:44 PM MDT

I would rather bash religions that allows under age sex and rape.
      March 11, 2018 3:45 PM MDT

• That lets me know you're not Christian. 
      March 11, 2018 6:40 PM MDT

Like you are the determiner. 

March 11, 2018 6:44 PM MDT

• It takes one to know one.

edit:  I'm not "Christian" according to tradition, nor twisting of words. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 11, 2018 6:48 PM MDT
      March 11, 2018 6:45 PM MDT