Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » From any time period throughout history and from anywhere in the world, who is your favorite celeb who NEVER got involved in drug addiction?

From any time period throughout history and from anywhere in the world, who is your favorite celeb who NEVER got involved in drug addiction?

[In forming this question, I tried to answer it myself, and an online search using the keyword phrase "celebrities without drug problems" only brought up dozens of hits for celebrities WITH drug problems.]

Posted - March 11, 2018

Responses

Ted Nugent goes back a long way. 
      March 11, 2018 10:29 AM MDT

Yes.  He is a great favorite.  Are you speaking of TED kill animals and shoot anything because it is my right NUGENT?
    Mr.  Cat Scratch Fever who thinks it is okay to sing about purring pussy from underage girls?

That Ted?  Yeah, he is a real role model for white supremacists.  Good choice. 

He NEEDS drugs if anyone does.   I hate that guy like poison.  He is a menace. 

Have you heard any remarks about the U.S. president from Sammy Hagar lately? Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon? Eddie Money? How about Kansas? Have you noticed any of them taking time out of their touring schedules of state fairs and rib festivals to speak unkindly about our commander-in-chief? I didn't think so. I use these well-meaning saps as examples for a reason. They were all gigantic in 1978. Playing to stadiums full of beered-up stooges who yelled, "Take off your top" to anything remotely female. And they're all as vital and relevant now as songs about CB radios and Disco Ducks. But one of the kings of these stadium roofie fests who sadly is still relevant is Ted Effing Nugent. He was huge 35 years ago, too. Even at his peak (the year of Elvis Costello and Blondie), many of us still thought he stunk like a loincloth that hadn't been washed since the Paleolithic Age. Yet somehow, this sexist, lyrically challenged musician has grabbed the ear of the press. He recently referred to our president as a "subhuman mongrel." He probably says kinder things about the animals he slaughters. But what all the outrage about Ted Nugent's comments in the past couple days misses is that Nugent never deserved our attention. Why does he have it now of all times?

I don't know what's scarier. That a washed-up troglodyte is using the language of the KKK about President Obama and it's become news. Or that Greg Abbott, the Texas attorney general, running for governor, is happily bracketing himself with Nugent, letting him campaign for him and referring to this Fred Flintstone as "My blood brother" and "A fighter for freedom in this country."

Aside from the fact that Abbott seems to have learned his political lingo from 100 viewings of Red Dawn, The Nuge's words are particularly hurtful and ugly, coming, as they do, at this time in history. We've just had a jury in Florida not convict a trigger-happy racist Michael Dunn on a murder charge. Fellow bigot George Zimmerman was even luckier. He killed an unarmed Trayvon Martin and was set free. So even as the country appears to be loosening up about gay marriage and marijuana, a certain segment of it seems to want to make up for this open-mindedness by declaring open season on African-Americans. Nugent's remarks would be ugly as sin about anyone of color. But the president of the United States? It's pathetic enough that would-be politicians are using washed-up rockers to campaign for them. But what some of us are really lamenting here is the end of civil discourse. Sad, right? Abbott, clearly, has not distanced himself from Nugent's remarks. And I think it will come back to bite him on the ass. But those words of this reeking rocker simply cannot go unchallenged.

Nugent is a well-documented perv and fake patriot and has managed to do something stomach-churningly evil in almost every decade. In the '60s, this gat-lovin', elk-killing flag waver, by his own account, managed to take enough drugs to cover his legs with so much shit that he got out of going to Vietnam. In the '70s, aside from the fact that he pounded the unremarkable "Cat Scratch Fever" into the ground, he made a stadium sport of having sex with underage girls. As the Dallas Morning News reminded us on February 17, "Nugent admitted having affairs with several underage girls." "I was addicted to girls. It was hopeless," he said.

Even waxworks classic rock stations don't play Nugent's work. So, like many a failed entertainer before him, the only option left was to try and drum up some attention in another arena: politics. What can we do about this hateful attention seeker? You can certainly protest his appearances. You can write him a letter and tell him if he's a real American, he'll stop making hateful remarks about the president. And that if he must speak, he should leave out words like "mongrel" when he spews his essentially unintelligible jive. When he said in 2012, "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," he got a visit from the Secret Service. How he walked out of that one, I'll never know. Something tells me, these days, that if Trayvon Martin had said such a thing about a white politician, he'd have been lynched.

Finally, we and (hopefully) other reasonably moral, relatively unbiased Americans can do something very simple. Just ignore the bastard. Like Octomom or Joe the Plumber, this is just a freak show. Outrageous stuff that gets the public's attention for a while but soon becomes a flaming bore. A bit like dropping your pants in public. Although in Ted's case it's a bit more complicated. If he hasn't changed his since the '60s, his look and stench may be a little harder to ignore. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 12, 2018 9:09 AM MDT
      March 11, 2018 7:22 PM MDT

I like some of his songs. I don't hunt. They call him 'The Wackmaster' for a reason. But he never uses drugs. I like that. 
      March 11, 2018 10:02 PM MDT

God your impartiality is hard to lambast.

I cannot dispute the things you are behind about this demon. 

OK.  I stand down.  You are right.  (BUT I THINK THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR THESE KINDS OF NEGATIVE ENTITIES)

March 11, 2018 10:26 PM MDT

Wow, Sharonna. Tell us how you really feel!

Seriously, I'm impressed! Did you just write this off the cuff or do you have a stash of essays on people you despise? Hehe! 

He really is a sad sack of sh*t. Here's hoping he'll get mauled by a bear or trampled by a moose or something. Poetic justice! 
      March 12, 2018 9:09 AM MDT

Chuck Norris
      March 11, 2018 10:32 AM MDT

•   March 11, 2018 6:17 PM MDT

As if anyone sets out to become a drug addict. :[

It looks like Jennifer Hudson may have never tested the waters; she claims to have never had even one drop of alcohol or hit on the bong. Although, she admits to having plastic surgery, so she likely has taken opioids. 
      March 11, 2018 7:17 PM MDT

I don't pick people for that reason or even consider that reason as a reason to pick anything.  This guy doesn't do drugs and I think he doesn't get much alcohol in him either.   He works in an industry where he is faced with drugs and alcohol daily in his face. 

Some people just are not addicts no matter what. 

March 11, 2018 7:20 PM MDT

Jerry found Mick passed out with David Bowie. No implication of anything sexual between them, they were both coked out of their minds. Mick did everything but never got addicted.
      March 11, 2018 10:37 PM MDT

When you talk to me, history matters.

That was David Bowie's WIFE, at the time, Angie (heroin addict) Bowie.  She walked in on them and blabbed it all over the talk shows to get her name back in the news after everyone who cared about them stopped even caring at all.   There she was trying to revive this pathetic memory about two men who were no longer in her life, just to get back in the news.   Pathetic.

Mick wrote a song about her.  Angie.   I guess she was hot in her day.  Boy did that ever end quickly.  

Jerry came years later.

After Bianca, too, of course!

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 11, 2018 10:45 PM MDT
      March 11, 2018 10:42 PM MDT

Here's a nice Angie Bowie now pic.  (this is mean of me)

She cleaned up well.  Let's be fair.  And I have one of her when she found Mick and Dave smooching and .....I don't want to go there.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 11, 2018 10:53 PM MDT
      March 11, 2018 10:49 PM MDT

Ok, it was Angela who found them. Not smooching, not doing anything remotely bromantic, neither was capable of doing ANYTHING due to the amount of cocaine they'd ingested. The Thin White Duke had a serious coke habit, which his second wife Iman helped him break. Just about anybody who worked with him from the mid-70s to the late 80s blew snow with him, according to Brian May David and Freddie Mercury were so coked up while writing and recording "Under Pressure" that neither could recall having done so. Freddie also never got addicted to drugs even though he was happy to experiment - like Jagger, Freddie's addiction was sex, just with the arrow pointed in the opposite direction. His publicist Roxy Meades once stated "Freddie was a slut and didn't care who knew it".
      March 11, 2018 11:24 PM MDT

Iva Davies. Brilliant, if reclusive, musician who quietly dropped out of the limelight while his children were in school. Now they're grown he's back on the road again.
      March 11, 2018 10:39 PM MDT