Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you believe in a life before death ?

Do you believe in a life before death ?

Sometimes I wonder.

Posted - March 12, 2018

Responses

This is a deep question and so anyone seriously considering it will need to probe deeply before they are in a position to offer a meaningful opinion.
    The boundaries (as defined by conventional, staid, science) of what life is, and of what death is, and at exactly what point and observing what specific criteria it can be confidently claimed life transitions to death, have proven to be a moving target. Just as the definition of what constitutes a 'species' is different now to the definition of 70 years ago, because advances in understanding have forced a re-think . . . and the thinking continues . . . after a fashion. 
      March 12, 2018 7:16 AM MDT

Yes
         Only the physical body dies
    The Soul does not die, 
    it just moves out of the physical
    body, residing in its
    Spiritual body, till it reincarnates
    so as to work out Karma.
         We keep coming back
    until the Ego no longer exists,
    and the separation that we create
    dissolves and the separate drop of
    the ocean of consciousness
    merges into the ocean
    and the separation disappears
    and we become one with the ocean.
         A simple explanation to the fact
    that we create the separation through our
    attachment to our Ego
    thinking that we are separate from God.
         Lifetime after lifetime we 
    continue through birth and death
    of the physical bodies til we
    realize our true Self. That being
    totally different from our Egoic self.

This post was edited by Baba at March 12, 2018 10:27 AM MDT
      March 12, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

I think it is reasonable to accept what Buddha says "consciousness exists in the stone" which would mean after dearh I exist in a state of consciousness like the stone, not exactly 100% dead but no awareness of time , space or material stuff like before my life began. Consciousness is the basis of life;  consciousness exists in every particle of the universe. 

Buddha -"consciousness exists in the stone,  sleeps in the plant and awakens in the animal".

Oops I read your question to fast assumed  'after death' . Um yes I do believe in life before death even if I were just hanging on by a thread. This post was edited by Kittigate at March 12, 2018 10:27 AM MDT
      March 12, 2018 8:26 AM MDT

It's good to live before you die :)
      March 12, 2018 8:52 AM MDT

• Yes I do.  I believe I, or my life essence, was with God before this
      March 12, 2018 2:32 PM MDT

Strapline from Christian Aid campaign a couple of years back. 
      March 12, 2018 2:48 PM MDT

Absolutely, the wise counsel given in God's word is: "whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going." (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
      March 15, 2018 9:54 PM MDT

Yes I do because I believe what you do in this life effects what happens to you after this life is over. This post was edited by rusureamisure? at March 16, 2018 12:21 PM MDT
      March 16, 2018 12:21 PM MDT

Yes. I believe in a spiritual life before this physical one as well. No in reincarnation though, we are only in the physical body once.
      March 28, 2018 4:26 PM MDT

Q "Do you believe in a life before death ?"

========================================================

We should believe in living the best life before death and the best life after death. According to HQ 2:28 we go through two stages of death and two stages of life. It mentions those stages in the following rhetorical question: "How can you reject [the existence of the creator] God when [seeing that] you were dead [lifeless, non-existent] and He gave you life [existence] then He will [most certainly] cause you to die , and then bring you [back again] whereupon it will be unto Him [who granted you existence and life in the first place] that you will return?"
      April 1, 2018 3:45 PM MDT