Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Here's what I think doofus will do today in Californ I A! Fire us and cut us off the continent so we will float away. To Hawaii maybe?

Here's what I think doofus will do today in Californ I A! Fire us and cut us off the continent so we will float away. To Hawaii maybe?

Posted - March 13, 2018

Responses

• Perhaps you folks would be happier if you re-establish the "Bear Republic". Despite the outcome of the American Civil War long ago, I'm still not convinced that secession is an illegal act. Jefferson seemed to leave the door open for it in his writings. Or perhaps a petition to the Mexican government to become a province of that country. Or maybe some alliance with Hawaii to become protectorates of one of the Asian nations might work. One solution might be to divide the state between North and South making two states. I don't have an answer for you regarding that. 
      March 13, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

Dividing California into north and south has cropped up multiple times. I favor what I suggested. Why? Because my kid teaches at the University of Hawaii on Oahu in the Manoa Valley. That's why. Also Hawaii is already even bluer than California. A marriage made in heaven! Thank you for your hel pful suggestions. I like mine a lot better. You know how moms are. Right? You had one and possibly you are married to one. Happy Tuesday to thee ub! :)
      March 13, 2018 11:24 AM MDT

Floating off to Hawaii sounds good to me.

via GIPHY

March 13, 2018 12:44 PM MDT

* Caution – satire ahead *

California is responsible for generating a good chunk of the American economy.   Of course, I doubt Trump knows that.  He thinks money just appears out of thin air.  Infrastructure falling apart?  Throw 30 trillion at it.  Economy needs a boost?  Give the big corporations (permanent) mega tax breaks.  Immigrant problems?  Build a multi-trillion dollar wall between 1 country - and hope to Trump Towers that that country pays for it.  Trump’s not a shrewd businessman, but someone whose daddy gave him some money “to play with” and suddenly thinks he knows everything about finances.

Maybe while Trump’s here he’ll shut down Brown’s umpteen quadrillion-dollar “bullet train to nowhere”.  Nah, he’s not that smart.  In fact, he likes money pits.  (“Money-pits are fake news.  The world has plenty of money.  Just look at me and my staff.  We have big money. Big big money.  Huge money.”).

Maybe he’ll establish “Trump Towers – the West Coast Edition”.  Perhaps he’ll play a few rounds of golf (firing people always makes him “golfy”).  One thing’s for sure, he won’t be getting a tan while he’s here.  No amount of sun could ever tan that bloated beech whale.

March 13, 2018 1:52 PM MDT