Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Thebigd
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » So what do you wash your face with?

So what do you wash your face with?

1. What do you use to wash your face? for men and women both!!!!!

2. do you switch around from time to time or have you stayed with the same product? and for how long?

3. do you have any little 'secrets' for the way you take care of your skin?

4. do you exfoliate, if so, with what? how often?

5. do you use your hands or a washcloth or other cleansing tool?

gee, I'm a nosy so and so, huh?  but I"m a retired makeup artist and like learning about other people's skincare habits!!!!!

so please answer my questions.......OK??????????

:-D

:-D

Posted - March 14, 2018

Responses

• A wash rag and Irish Spring to dry out my oiliness. 
      March 14, 2018 9:50 AM MDT

OMG 'Irish Spring'.....you may as well scrub with TIDE.......that soap is very drying...you are creating more oil by 'drying out' your skin.
    PLEASE stop using it........try, at least, something a little milder, like any Castile soap; not expensive and lots better for your skin.

sorry, don't mean to preach, but I'm a retired makeup artist & always interested in facial care....

switch to any Castile soap or any Glycerin soap; LOTS better for you.....AND NO HOT WATER JUST WARM......after you rinse, use some COOL WATER AGAIN NOT COLD NO EXTREMES OF WATER TEMP ON YOUR SKIN,,,,,,period!!!

then for a little oil 'control' get yourself a little spray bottle and get WITCH HAZEL..it will help to calm your skin a little.

WITH OILY SKIN YOU MUST TREAT IT GENTLY......if not, you are signalling to the brain to put out MORE oil to replace what you stripped away!!

and no more wash rag.......just use your hands to lather up......AND WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE YOU WASH YOUR FACE......something ALL OF US SHOULD DO.

sorry to be so long-winded and for the hollering, but I feel very strongly about decent skincare!! your face, and appearance, will thank you for it!!!!!!!
      March 29, 2019 9:18 AM MDT

You cannot afford what I wash my face with.

Neither can I, actually.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 15, 2018 7:59 AM MDT
      March 14, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

Does that actually work?
      March 15, 2018 7:59 AM MDT

so how do you like it? how is it used? with water or not? really curious!! do you use the rest of his line for your skin type?  
      March 15, 2018 8:13 AM MDT

Shaving stick.
      March 14, 2018 11:47 AM MDT

• I use proactive once or twice a week. 

I wash/exfoliate my face everyday with an exfoliater brush and my regular body soap. 

I use a rice mask fresh out of the shower and moisturize with aveeno. 
      March 14, 2018 12:30 PM MDT

I've used Neutrogena liquid facial soap or the past 20+ years, followed by Neutrogena light night cream both in the morning and in the evening.  Once a week, I use a slightly rough flat sponge to exfoliate. 
      March 14, 2018 9:31 PM MDT

hey, good for you! Neutrogena's a fine product line.......I used it for a while but like to change around every so often......as for that flat sponge, DO be careful with it........HOWEVER... sponges are NOTORIOUS for breeding bacteria.......I suggest you try baking soda to exfoliate.....make a paste of it and warm water palm of your hand, and. still leaving the lather from your cleanser on your face, gently massage, circular motions, all over your face.....go from forehead down, and go 2 or 3 times .....then rinse rinse rinse with COOL NOT COLD WATER, pat dry, and apply moisturizer.
    this is a much sanitary way........and baking soda, thank goodness, is not expensive............just a thought!!!!!!!
      March 15, 2018 8:12 AM MDT

Thanks.  I do put that sponge in the microwave after each use and I haven't had any issues with my skin since I was a teenager. 
      March 15, 2018 9:05 AM MDT

HEY good for you......I'm a skincare 'nut' and always like to see what others are doing......whatever works, works, right?  thanks for getting back to me.........but ya still might wanna try the baking soda......you know, kinda as a 'once in awhile' thing'.........!   (lol)
      March 15, 2018 9:12 AM MDT

I am 72 and I find that my skin has gotten a bit thinner, so too much exfoliant for me is not a good thing. 
      March 15, 2018 10:19 AM MDT

uh, Irish Spring for your oily skin? does it help?  would you consider using something a little milder on your face? or are you getting oil control with the Irish Spring? just wonderin'!!!
      March 15, 2018 7:26 AM MDT

• It works for me, but I don't recommend it, nor any soap with perfumes, for anyone with bad acne on their face.
      March 15, 2018 8:53 AM MDT

actually, you shouldn't say such things......many people spend lots of bucks on their skincare!!!!  have you tried other high-end skincare products? which ones? did you like them? 
      March 15, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

• You need to use the reply button under individual comments so we know who you're talking to.
      March 15, 2018 8:54 AM MDT

Huh? Wash face?
      March 15, 2018 8:01 AM MDT

• I've had nights, and pillow-cases, like that. :P
      March 15, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

soap
      March 15, 2018 5:32 PM MDT