Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » THE USA is NOT a civilized country. It is the extreme opposite. Its fetish obsession with guns renders it backward and 3rd world. Right?

THE USA is NOT a civilized country. It is the extreme opposite. Its fetish obsession with guns renders it backward and 3rd world. Right?

Posted - March 16, 2018

Responses

Are any powerful countries any better than each other Rosie......They all want something for nothing and are only seeking the best deals for food,minerals,crude oil, gas and now fresh water resorces......with them ,the major holder can control everything and hold the world to ransom......or more enslave the world....
      March 16, 2018 2:53 PM MDT

Australia is better D. The country got sick and tired of gun-related massacres and had a gun buy-back program in 1996. Since then they have had ZERO gun-related massacres. They have also had a few more gun buy-back events since then. The government pays people to turn in their guns and then the guns are destroyed. At least that was true in 1996. There was no confiscation. The guns were turned in willingly. Why? Because the people who owned them understood the wisdom of doing so. America is the country with folks who are willing to kill one another for the right to have guns. Some logic! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      March 17, 2018 2:13 AM MDT

Very true ,but when is logic ever used by humans that want something.....:( 

Why do we build cars that are capable of doing 300 miles and hour when the max speed limit is 70 ? 
      March 17, 2018 2:20 AM MDT

I don't understand the need for EXTREME speed either although when I used to drive up north to San Francisco from Los Angeles to visit my son when he lived there I'd take US Highway 5. Miles and miles and miles of nothing but boring miles and miles of miles. I was often going 90 mph! It's funny  but the car seemed to go with the flow of the curve of the land and I felt one with it. I got nailed once and got a speeding ticket BUT fortunately I was at the head of a long string of folks who were driving in my wake and the cop picked us off one by one starting from behind so when he got to me I saw him coming and slowed down so he ticketed me for going 80. Now the speed limit was 65 and if you went 20 miles over the speed limit you had to appear in a local court. All I had to do was attend a Saturday driving class in my community for folks like me, pay a fee there for the document showing I had attended and then pay a fine by mail and the speeding ticket did not go on my record. Had I been clocked at 90 it would have been more expensive and inconvenient so I dodged a bullet. I expect cars that go that fast are mostly used in races on tracks set aside for that purpose. I don't know what it would feel like to go 180 mph or whatever some of those guys go. I think speed intoxicates some people. Thank you for your reply and your very logical question D!! This post was edited by RosieG at March 17, 2018 4:48 PM MDT
      March 17, 2018 2:38 AM MDT

Somewhere between 3rd World and maybe blowing our Apolcalyptic hides off the planet.  Then, maybe in a zillion years evolve again to the bow and arrow.  Because we will never change. 

As long as we have skin and sex organs and need shelter and food, we will be killing each other rather than cooperating.   We just never seem to get it... even though history has proven again and again that we are not getting one positive thing out of this behavior. 

War.  What is it good for?  Absolutely nothing.

And when all else fails and you need a war, just pick RELIGION.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 17, 2018 6:54 AM MDT
      March 16, 2018 4:27 PM MDT

Australia managed to stop their gun-related massacres. They simply began a gun buy-back program in 1996. I think over 600,000 guns were turned in and destroyed. Since then they have had a few more buy-backs. The result of course is logically obvious. There have been ZERO gun-related massacres in Australia since then. They are civilized. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Sharon!  :)
      March 17, 2018 2:16 AM MDT

Skin and sex organs. Sounds like the title for a rock-n-roll album.
      March 17, 2018 6:56 AM MDT

• Free men do not ask permission to bear arms. Freedoms won, maintained and protected are a hallmark of civilization. The concept of a truly free society is in fact the "extreme opposite" of your idea of "civilization". Armed authority coupled with a disarmed populace sounds like enslavement. If that is your version of a" fetish obsession", you are either far more naive than I once thought or far more dangerous. The third world that you glibly make reference to,is rife with tyrannies and totalitarian regimes. They didn't arrive at that form of government without someone calling the shots at the point of a gun.
      March 16, 2018 5:00 PM MDT

That's complete BS. Suitable for fertilizing lawns, you gun fetishists make me want to chunder.
    In Australia, gun laws were tightened in 1996. Result? No loss of freedoms, no totalitarian regimes (government has changed hands twice since,  by democratic election), no enslavement or civil war, but NO MASS SHOOTINGS IN 22 YEARS. Not one. Coincidence?
    I'll take Australian freedom over American living in fear of armed thugs roaming the streets. Any society where citizens need firearms to protect themselves from each other isn't freedom, it's anarchy.
      March 16, 2018 5:30 PM MDT

Australia is grown up, adult, civilized and the citizens are not terrified of a bogeyman Sbf. The American gunfolks are scared of their own shadows and are willing to kill to protect their right to carry loaded guns. Who is the bogeyman? They all are. They are all weaponzied and carry their loaded guns or have them close at hand because without them they simply cannot carry on. Think of their guns as their pacifiers. Trying to wean a baby is not the easiest thing in the world. What we have in America  is a bunch of frightened babies. They articulate the why of the absolute need for guns. Gibberish. But it's the best they can do. It's all they got. My 2 cents'! :)
      March 17, 2018 2:51 AM MDT

Australia got sick and tired of slaughters and massacres due to the plethora of guns and in 1996 had a gun buyback program. They did not have to confiscate guns. Over 600,000 were turned in and destroyed as I recall and since then they have had a few more buybacks. Since then there have been ZERO deaths due to gun-related massacres ub.  I say this to you. Being willing to kill humans for the "right" to have guns is ludicrous. Only very frightened people need guns. What are you so afraid of? Why are gun folks terrified of being without guns? Who is your bogey man if not others like you with loaded weapons?. It is shocking to me that people can be so afraid that they dare not face a day without a loaded weapon at hand. That is not civilized. You can try to justify it all you wish but the fact remains that loaded weapons are equivalent to baby pacifiers. The babies freak out without them. Why do you freak out by the thought of relinquishing your pacifiers? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday. This post was edited by RosieG at March 17, 2018 2:42 AM MDT
      March 17, 2018 2:23 AM MDT

So you're planning to emigrate right? No, you're staying put because you know you're talking complete nonsense.

In a truly uncivilised society, expressing such criticism of your government would see you summarily executed as a traitor. So be grateful you live in the good old US of A where they let such things slide. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 16, 2018 11:16 PM MDT
      March 16, 2018 5:53 PM MDT

Comes to mind that Trump is kind of sensitive to criticism.. but fortunately he might not last out his first term anyway. 
      March 16, 2018 8:58 PM MDT

I just love reading that no matter how many times a day I hear it.

It is the one thing I long for and dream about and look forward to. 

Well, not the only thing, but one of the main things.  ( I think the man should be in jail, so should his family and the GOP needs to be ousted from holding sway over the White House or we are all gonna die).

So, I cannot apologize for my outlook.  I know there is really nothing else to concern ourselves with now.  We have to unite and save this Earth.  Our "leaders" are not on board.

March 16, 2018 9:29 PM MDT

I'd love to emigrate.  I want to go to Canada. 

That Prime Minister is so HOT.

March 16, 2018 9:01 PM MDT

You'd have a coronary and donate your life savings to the "Me Too" movement if a man referred to a woman in politics as hot. 

~
      March 16, 2018 9:18 PM MDT

I am not even like that at all.

I will refer to many.  Well, I cannot SAY that because there are not TOO many are there?

But Elizabeth Warren is cute as a bug's ear, isn't she?

LOL

I think Hope Hicks is gorgeous (she knows zero about politics) I think Ivanka Trump is very pretty (I cannot stand her and she is dumb as a post) I think Sara Huckabee could be pretty if she had someone else's brain in her skull.  It's these women's minds that turn me off, not their looks.

I am pretty open-minded as to beauty in people actually.  I usually like people's looks.  Unless I cannot stomach the person like Trump.  I just see a vile lizard.

He makes my skin crawl.   And I adore Michelle Obama.  I love her and I love her style. 

March 16, 2018 9:23 PM MDT

Michelle Obama is a complete dog. Not even sure she is a she.
      March 17, 2018 2:29 AM MDT

Yes well Canada is fairly socialized country so people don't need guns to commit crimes to pay for their health care or anything and people don't need guns for protection from criminal elements. 
      March 16, 2018 9:38 PM MDT

Which makes it civilized as well. My 2 cents' worth! :)
      March 17, 2018 2:45 AM MDT