Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For those of you who drink alcohol. Do you think there is any connecton at all between birth sign and favorite alcohol?

For those of you who drink alcohol. Do you think there is any connecton at all between birth sign and favorite alcohol?

I'm a Scorpio and I prefer Vodka. You?

Posted - March 17, 2018

Responses

I'm a Scorpio and I preferred alcohol.

(Vodka especially)  I cannot touch the stuff, but I pretty much loved wine and vodka

I shall never contribute to Russia again.

March 17, 2018 11:49 AM MDT

Mayhap.
      March 17, 2018 12:32 PM MDT

That is about the cutest little scorpion I've ever seen Ele. An Answermugger recently said I should get an avatar and dump the mug.  If I did this little guy would  be hard to beat although I'd probably duplicate the mama unicorn with her baby that I had on Answerbag. For sentimental reasons. For old times' sake! Thank you for your reply and the cuty pie graphic. Happy Sunday! :)
      March 18, 2018 3:07 AM MDT

March 18, 2018 7:28 AM MDT

I am a Virgo and I prefer beer and whisky.
      March 17, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

The only beer I have ever tasted that I did not like was some very dark very heavy very bitter brew. It was AWFUL! I don't remember the name. Otherwise I do enjoy the taste of various beers. I just don't drink a lot of it because it kinda bloats me. I remember when my son was in Boston for a short-term job before he went to UCLA for his Ph.d Jim and I visited him in Boston and he and his then-wife took us to a place called the "BREW MOON". We did some beer tasting there and it was so nifty. That's the first time I tasted Sam Adams beer and really liked it. As for whisky my dad loved Seagram's 7. I really don't like the taste of alcohol so that's why I prefer Vodka. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Sunday. Oh when Old School lived in California he took Jim and me out to lunch once and ordered apricot beer. It was a place that was famous for its burgers and beer. It was really delicious. Have you tasted it? YUM! :)
      March 18, 2018 3:12 AM MDT

Vodka IS alcohol in it's purest form (dilute, of course). It isn't supposed to have any flavor, unless added later.
      March 18, 2018 7:31 AM MDT

I don't like the dark beer either. It's too strong for me. I drink Coor's Lite or other lite beer because it is easier on my tummy.
    I like hard liquor but I have to cut it with a mix because it is too strong on it's own for me and my tummy.
      March 18, 2018 12:57 PM MDT

• Sagittarius here. I think it's more of a location thing than an astrological one. Here in the southeast, we like our Kentucky Bourbon, Tennessee sipping whiskey and of course, a wide variety of beer.
      March 17, 2018 1:13 PM MDT

That makes sense ub. Of course Vodka is associated with Russia and I've never been there nor am I Russian. I like Vodka because I can't taste it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      March 18, 2018 3:53 AM MDT

Never looked into it---maybe you'll get enough answers to suggest an answer. 

Scorpio also.

Scotch when I was younger Haig & Haig pinch blended; later, longer aged scotch, and then single malts.

Now, an occasional (preferably home made) Margarita.

Dos Equis with Mexican food.

And my guilty pleasure:  Marie Brizard Apry (apricot)   (Made with apricots from Africa and the Rousillon region of France. After distillation and maceration, the "spirit" is blended with the finest Cognac to produce a smooth and velvety liqueur.)
      March 17, 2018 1:25 PM MDT

I have enjoyed Dos Equis with Mexican food as well tom. Years ago I dated a gentlemen of Mexican heritage and we went to a Mexican restaurant on Olvera Street in Los Angeles..a place well known by locals.  We had Dos Equis with a delicious meal and then strolled  up and down the street. Very nice experience and memory. I LOVE apricot anything. Ever tasted Apricot beer? Delish. Apricot jam is my favorite. Apricot turnovers is what Jim's mom used to make when he was kid. Apricot pie? My oh my oh my. Never tasted apricot ice cream. I wonder if it exists? Dried apricots..fresh apricots. Jim favors them too and he is also a Scorpio! With regard to Margaritas do you prefer the standard mix or one of those fancy dancy hi-falutin' tootie fruity ones? Bet you can tell which type I prefer! Scotch and I never became good acquaintances. Don't like the taste. Very mediciny. Thank you for your helpful reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      March 18, 2018 4:07 AM MDT

Libra...whiskey....no beer.
    I don't drink anymore.
      March 17, 2018 2:45 PM MDT

For health reasons m2c? I like Vodka because of the lack of flavor. It mixes in and disappears flavorwise. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      March 18, 2018 4:09 AM MDT

No, health is fine just decided we did not need it. I can taste vodka but each is different with taste buds. 
      March 18, 2018 6:10 AM MDT

Oh. Well that's fine sweetie. In fact my brother-in-law gave up alcohol decades ago because it triggered migraine headaches. My sis did likewise but on occasion she will have a drink. It's funny too because they met in a bar. My sis had some friends who owned one and she would work there several nights a week to help them out. Well Terry walked into the bar one night while she was there and magic happened! Serious magic. They've been together ever since. A real romance. They got married on Valentine's Day. I know. Kinda corny but also kinda sweet. My brother-in-law also avoids chocolate and certain cheeses. They trigger very bad headaches too. Since he gave up all that stuff I don't recall his getting any that were severe. They used to really be bad for him. I'm glad it's not a health issue with you. It isn't for my sis but of course as a good wife she followed suit. ALSO he gave up smoking on his 50th birthday and she gave it up on that day too. It was a breeze for him but she struggled for months. That was almost 30 years ago! Proud of them I am! :)  Thank you for the clarification m2c!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 18, 2018 7:50 AM MDT
      March 18, 2018 7:44 AM MDT

Little fish drink what their given ....its a Spriritual  thing with a Mead to quench our thirsts and something never to Wine about...or to brew over...... :)
      March 18, 2018 3:26 AM MDT

Mead is made from honey isn't it honey? Sounds as if it is way too sweet so it wouldn't be my cuppa tea. I like dry wine not sweet and alcohol in a mix that isn't too sweet. Different strokes.  So when you imbibe it is as if you are in church...spiritually? Wine is served in church so it is a natural fit. I don't know if you can get  any beer though. Maybe at church socials or church picnics on a hot day? Thank you for your reply D and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      March 18, 2018 4:12 AM MDT

I was just messing about Rosie...the spiritual thing being a reference to hard liquor ..lol
    We drink just about  anything that's wet ...lol

It was all just a fun Responce :(
      March 18, 2018 5:41 AM MDT

I figured it was since you spoke of spirits and wine and brew. You don't have a favorite D? Thank you for the clarification! :)
      March 18, 2018 6:20 AM MDT

I love larger ,Guiness,Beamish ,Murphy's and some bitter beers....Gin ,Vodka, Tequila,Rum ,Whisky.......Red wine...Champagne and something the Irish illegally distill made from potatoes called Potcheen ......drink that if you have a cold with honey and boiling water......  

We we don't drink normal mixers like Coke or the artificial mixers........They are both really poisons lol

We never never get drunk either..... 
      March 18, 2018 6:42 AM MDT

Bitter beers  D? Oh my goodness!. I've liked all the different beers I ever tasted/drank with ONE exception. I don't know the name of it because it was my son who was drinking it I asked if could taste it. It was very dark and very thick and very bitter. I don't know how in the heck he managed to get it down. His best friend Old School was drinking one too and it took them a VERY LONG TIME to finish the beers. They can't have enjoyed them. I think they just were stubborn. So what kind of beer do you like that's 'bitter"? Is dark and thick and awful? Thank you for your reply m'dear!  :)
      March 18, 2018 7:50 AM MDT

Cointreau to Paulaner belief, you should never Fosters the notion to look a Gilde horse in Vermouth, unless you want a Klisch in the Aass. Those things weigh a Tun, they're quite Stout.
      March 18, 2018 8:01 AM MDT

Cointreau and Baileys with ice is pretty cool to....yum  
      March 18, 2018 8:34 AM MDT