Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You are casting a movie. One of the roles is that of president. Whom would you cast and why? Morgan Freeman comes to mind for me. For thee?

You are casting a movie. One of the roles is that of president. Whom would you cast and why? Morgan Freeman comes to mind for me. For thee?

Posted - March 20, 2018

Responses

Julie Andrews........Any one who can  play the part of Mary Poppins so convincingly  can't have a bad bone in their body....:)
      March 20, 2018 2:52 AM MDT

I like Julie Andrews a lot. I wonder if she'd be tough enough though. I think a woman would need a spine of steel to take on the job of prez. Who has the necessary authority and gravitas? Meryl Streep comes to mind.  So does  Frances McDormand who just won her second Academy Award. Then there is a TV actress, Tea Leoni, who plays the Secretary of State on a show called appropriately enough "Madame Secretary".Your Judy Densch whom I simply adore would do a superb job I think. She would be very good. Don't know if you ever watched the long-ago series "Sex and the City" but one of the actresses in it is considering running for Governor of New York I believe. She played the character "Miranda". Ronald Reagan was a second-rate actor who became a prez. Other actors have dipped their toes in  politics with different degrees of success. Actor George Murphy became a Senator. Sonny Bono was Mayor of Palm Springs. I think Clint Eastwood ran for some office years ago and won. I suppose having a background as an actor can't hurt. How much does it help? There was an actor on the TV series Love Boat who became a  Congressman. A child actress named Sheila something has been in local politics for decades. I wonder if the character actor James Stewart played in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington would have made a good president? Thank you for your reply D! :)                                                                                             
      March 20, 2018 3:16 AM MDT

I'm going to have to go with Ronald Reagan. Rosie ....lol .... 

Shirley Temple went into politics to I believe......:) 
      March 20, 2018 3:25 AM MDT

Yes she did. She was made Ambassador to some country. She was a wealthy Republican who lived in northern California in a very classy wealthy upscale neighborhood. Ronald Reagan got Alzheimer's at some point when he was president. He was not the sharpest knife in the drawer to begin with. His first wife actress Jane Wyman said she divorced him because he was so dull. Whether his wife Nancy was an asset or liability he depended upon her a great deal. As governor of California he gutted public education. He was not a favorite of mine. I would never want him in any job that affected my life. Sadly he had two jobs that did...California governor and United States president!  :( Thank you for your reply D! :)
      March 20, 2018 3:32 AM MDT