Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is it too early for us to get started on what Easter is all about?

Is it too early for us to get started on what Easter is all about?

Posted - March 29, 2018

Responses

"to understand the unique roll of the Catholic church in salvation history."

One bloody history. 
      April 1, 2018 6:19 AM MDT

Food for thought:
    [How many days was Jesus in the tomb? Some say three full days. Is that correct?—...
    No. But some argue so from Jesus’ words: “As Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” (Matt. 12:40) This would seem to mean a full 72 hours, but we must not ignore other similar expressions that show the actual intent of the words. In the Bible “three days” does not necessarily mean three full days, but may mean parts of three different days. Hence when Rehoboam told the people to return in “three days” they came back “the third day, as the king had appointed”. (1 Ki. 12:5, 12) Jesus spoke of himself as being resurrected “the third day”. (Luke 24:46) Repeatedly the Scriptures speak of Jesus as being raised the third day; but if he had remained in the grave three full days, or 72 hours, it would have been the fourth day. Jesus was put to death on a Friday afternoon, remained in the grave Saturday, and was raised Sunday morning...]
      April 10, 2018 7:39 AM MDT

The bible does not say Jesus died on Friday or that he rose on Sunday. He died about sundown on the day before Passover, which happened to be a Thursday that year. So he was in the grave Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and he rose about sundown Saturday evening. Three days and three nights, 72 hours. The grave was found empty Sunday morning.

You are quoting the Catholic version, which is bullsnot from start to finish. Christians consider Jesus to be a victor. Catholics only present him as a helpless infant or a dying convict.
      April 10, 2018 4:58 PM MDT

The scriptures also don't say that Jesus died on Thursday but they make it clear that it was a Great Sabbath. He died in 33 C.E.

[Friday afternoon is called Preparation because people prepare meals and complete any other tasks that cannot wait until after the Sabbath. At sunset, a double, or “great,” Sabbath will begin. (John 19:31) This is so because Nisan 15 will be the first day of the seven-day Festival of Unleavened Bread, the first day of which is always a Sabbath. (Leviticus 23:5, 6) This time that first day coincides with the weekly Sabbath, the seventh day.]

(John 19:31) Since it was the day of Preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the torture stakes on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath day was a great one), the Jews asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken away.
    (Leviticus 23:5, 6) In the first month, on the 14th day of the month, at twilight is the Passover to Jehovah. 6 “‘On the 15th day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to Jehovah. Seven days you should eat unleavened bread.

[“The first day of the unfermented cakes.” A question also arises in connection with the statement at Matthew 26:17: “On the first day of the unfermented cakes the disciples came up to Jesus, saying: ‘Where do you want us to prepare for you to eat the passover?’”
    The expression “the first day” here could be rendered “the day before.” Concerning the use of the Greek word here translated “first,” a footnote on Matthew 26:17 in the New World Translation says: “Or, ‘On the day before.’ This rendering of the Gr. word [proʹtos] followed by the genitive case of the next word agrees with the sense and rendering of a like construction in Joh 1:15, 30, namely, ‘he existed before [proʹtos] me.’” According to Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon, “[proʹtos] is sts. [sometimes] used where we should expect [proʹte·ros (meaning ‘former, earlier’)].” (Revised by H. Jones, Oxford, 1968, p. 1535) At this time, Passover day had come to be generally considered as the first day of the Festival of Unfermented Cakes. So, then, the original Greek, harmonized with Jewish custom, allows for the question to have been asked of Jesus on the day before Passover.
    “Preparation.” At John 19:14, the apostle John, in the midst of his description of the final part of Jesus’ trial before Pilate, says: “Now it was preparation of the passover; it was about the sixth hour [of the daytime, between 11:00 a.m. and noon].” This, of course, was after the time of the Passover meal, which had been eaten the night before. Similar expressions are found at verses 31 and 42. Here the Greek word pa·ra·skeu·eʹ is translated “preparation.” This word seems to mark, not the day preceding Nisan 14, but the day preceding the weekly Sabbath, which, in this instance, was “a great one,” namely, not only a Sabbath by virtue of being Nisan 15, the first day of the actual Festival of Unfermented Cakes, but also a weekly Sabbath. This is understandable, since, as already stated, “Passover” was sometimes used to refer to the entire festival.—Joh 19:31;]
      April 10, 2018 6:05 PM MDT

March 30, 2018 11:52 AM MDT

If we truly considered it?  It is THE MESSAGE.  The birth was the announcement.  The life was the example and the death and resurrection is the TOTAL MESSAGE.

Every day should be Easter and if it were?  There would truly be no need for war or greed or anything we fear.  Why fear, when GOD is YOU.

Yogananda brought Jesus to the East.   This wonderful soul brought Yoga to the West.   This book is something you should read.

It will change you.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 4, 2018 9:38 AM MDT
      April 4, 2018 9:36 AM MDT

Q "Is it too early for us to get started on what Easter is all about?"
    ============================================================

Easter is of such great significance in Christianity that it is never too early to talk about it.

The importance of Easter in the Christian calendar is probably similar to the importance of Yom Kippur, Day of Atonement, the most sacred and solemn day in the Jewish calendar, which was also the calendar of Jesus.

In Christianity the importance of Easter can be traced back to Paul who, in 2 Timothy 2:8, tells his audience to “Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL” and he drove home the importance of that with his warning to the sceptics in 1 Corinthians.15:17 that "if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins". Christians thus hold on tight to the death and resurrection narrative because their very salvation depends on it.
      April 12, 2018 3:05 AM MDT

It's the same good news other Christians preach as well. That's my gospel too, Peter's also.

2 Tim 2:8 (NLT) Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach.

(Acts 2:24) But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.
    (Acts 2:29-32) “Men, brothers, it is permissible to speak with freeness of speech to you about the family head David, that he died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath that he would seat one of his offspring on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he forsaken in the Grave nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 God resurrected this Jesus, and of this we are all witnesses.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
    (John 6:51) I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”
    (Luke 22:19, 20) Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” 20 Also, he did the same with the cup after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf.
    (Mark 14:27, 28) And Jesus said to them: “You will all be stumbled, for it is written: ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered about.’ 28 But after I have been raised up, I will go ahead of you into Galʹi·lee.”

(1 Corinthians 15:3, 4) For among the first things I handed on to you was what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, yes, that he was raised up on the third day according to the Scriptures;
    (Psalm 22:15) My strength has dried up like a piece of pottery; My tongue sticks to my gums; You are bringing me down to the dust of death.
    (Isaiah 53:8) Because of restraint and judgment he was taken away; And who will concern himself with the details of his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living; Because of the transgression of my people he received the stroke.
    (Isaiah 53:12) For that reason I will assign him a portion among the many, And he will apportion the spoil with the mighty, Because he poured out his life even to death And was counted among the transgressors; He carried the sin of many people, And he interceded for the transgressors.
    (Daniel 9:26) “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations.
    (1 Peter 2:24) He himself bore our sins in his own body on the stake, so that we might die to sins and live to righteousness. And “by his wounds you were healed.”
      April 12, 2018 7:22 AM MDT

All that is the belief of Christianity, and it is probably the most important belief in the Christian calendar. It doesn't exist in the Jewish calendar.

The most sacred and solemn day in the Jewish calendar, which was obviously also the calendar of Jesus, is probably Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.
      May 12, 2018 11:09 AM MDT

Psalms, Isaiah and Daniel were not Hebrew prophets?
    You think that nothing was to change thus no prophecies fulfilled in Christ?

(Mark 2:20-22) But days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast on that day. 21 Nobody sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old outer garment. If he does, the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear becomes worse. 22 Also, no one puts new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost as well as the skins. But new wine is put into new wineskins.”
    (Matthew 23:37, 38) “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you.
      May 13, 2018 7:43 AM MDT

I think we're in agreement if you're saying that the central teaching of Christianity -

the sins of the world are forgiven only through the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ

is a new teaching [new wine] 

It is, of course, not a teaching of the Jews [observers of what Christians call the Old Testaments] nor the teaching of Jesus who was undisputedly a Jew.
      May 13, 2018 9:54 AM MDT

Hebrews chapters 7-10 and Psalms 40 may be helpful. The Mosaic Law required repeated animal sacrifices. Jesus died once for all time.

(Hebrews 7:26-28) For it is fitting for us to have such a high priest who is loyal, innocent, undefiled, separated from the sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike those high priests, he does not need to offer up sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, because he did this once for all time when he offered himself up. 28 For the Law appoints as high priests men who have weaknesses, but the word of the oath sworn after the Law appoints a son, who has been made perfect forever.
    (Hebrews 9:11-14) However, when Christ came as a high priest of the good things that have already taken place, he passed through the greater and more perfect tent not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. 12 He entered into the holy place, not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time, and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us. 13 For if the blood of goats and of bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who have been defiled sanctifies for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works so that we may render sacred service to the living God?
    (Hebrews 9:23-28) Therefore, it was necessary for the typical representations of the things in the heavens to be cleansed by these means, but the heavenly things require far better sacrifices. 24 For Christ did not enter into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, so that he now appears before God on our behalf. 25 This was not done to offer himself often, as when the high priest enters into the holy place from year to year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise, he would have to suffer often from the founding of the world. But now he has manifested himself once for all time at the conclusion of the systems of things to do away with sin through the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this to receive a judgment, 28 so also the Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many; and the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin, and he will be seen by those earnestly looking for him for their salvation.
    (Hebrews 10:1-9) For since the Law has a shadow of the good things to come, but not the very substance of the things, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered year after year, make those who approach perfect. 2 Otherwise, would not the sacrifices have stopped being offered, because those rendering sacred service once cleansed would have no consciousness of sins anymore? 3 On the contrary, these sacrifices are a reminder of sins year after year, 4 for it is not possible for the blood of bulls and of goats to take sins away. 5 So when he comes into the world, he says: “‘Sacrifice and offering you did not want, but you prepared a body for me. 6 You did not approve of whole burnt offerings and sin offerings.’ 7 Then I said: ‘Look! I have come (in the scroll it is written about me) to do your will, O God.’” 8 After first saying: “You did not want nor did you approve of sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sin offerings”—sacrifices that are offered according to the Law— 9 then he says: “Look! I have come to do your will.” He does away with what is first in order to establish what is second.

(1 Peter 3:16-19) Maintain a good conscience, so that in whatever way you are spoken against, those who speak against you may be put to shame because of your good conduct as followers of Christ. 17 For it is better to suffer because you are doing good, if it is God’s will to allow it, than because you are doing evil. 18 For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit. 19 And in this state he went and preached to the spirits in prison,
      May 13, 2018 10:51 AM MDT

I'm pleased to note that Hebrews chapters 7-10 and Psalms 40 are helpful to you.

The Mosaic Law may have required repeated animal sacrifices, but my studies show that animal sacrifices were not always required. Numbers 31:50 says that jewellery was accepted while according to Leviticus 5:11 even flour would do.

Christianity clearly asserts that "Jesus died once for all time" thus ending animal sacrifices for sin. However, Jesus did not teach that neither was that the understanding of James and the elders who continued acknowledging animal sin sacrifices even after the crucifixion.

That's one of the very significant new doctrines that came with Christianity 
      May 13, 2018 12:19 PM MDT

What do your studies show as the context of Number 31:50 as to atonement for what? Is the circumstances any different than regular sin sacrifices?

What do your studies show as to why someone in Lev 5:11 can use flour? Was that available to everyone?
    tenth of an eʹphah of fine flour for a sin offering. He should not add oil to it or place frankincense on it, for it is a sin offering.
      May 13, 2018 3:50 PM MDT

1. Christianity teaches that the shedding of innocent blood is absolutely necessary for the forgiveness of sins. There is no other way out. That is why God wanted a sinless human to be sacrificed for humanity to be forgiven its sins. Humanity could not produce a sinless man so God gave his own son to be the sacrifice. Christianity then looks at everything through those glasses. That's fine, if you're a Christian.

2. If you're not a Christian then you see 

a] that there is evidence in the Bible itself that shedding of blood is not absolutely necessary for forgiveness of sins.

b] that through Ezekiel God promises to forgive the sins of anyone who repents and follows His laws

c] that through Ezekiel God promises not to hold sons for the sins of their fathers - so no one is responsible for the sins of Adam

d] that John the Baptist was authorised by God Himself to baptise people for the forgiveness of sins

e] that Jesus never taught that humanity is burdened from birth with the sin of Adam

f] that Jesus never taught that God wanted a pure sinless man to be sacrificed otherwise there would be no forgiveness for humanity

g] that Jesus never taught that his mission was to be this sacrifice

h] that Jesus never taught his sacrifice would put an end to the need for sin sacrifice

i] that Jesus never taught that his sacrifice would put an end to the need to follow God's law

j] that Jesus, through his parable of the prodigal son, taught that God forgives anyone who turns back from his sinful ways

k] that Jesus through the Lord's prayer taught how to ask God for forgiveness

l] that James and the elders did not understand Jesus to be the sacrifice to end all sin sacrifices or to end the law, because they carried on observing the law and offering sin sacrifices even after the crucifixion of Jesus

3. If you're a Christian you will have Christian explanations for all those. If you don't then according to the Christian warning "your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins"
      May 14, 2018 8:45 AM MDT

I skimmed through your usual stuff and didn't see any relevance to the questions regarding your deep studies so I'll ask again:

What do your studies show as the context of Number 31:50 as to atonement for what? Is the circumstances any different than regular sin sacrifices?

What do your studies show as to why someone in Lev 5:11 can use flour? Was that available to everyone?
    tenth of an eʹphah of fine flour for a sin offering. He should not add oil to it or place frankincense on it, for it is a sin offering.

May 14, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

I make no apologies for obviously failing to post the answers that you have in mind. However, whatever reasons your preferred answers have they cannot change the fact that even according to the Bible itself God can and did forgive sins without the shedding of blood.

Do post your answers and let me see how they change the fact that even according to the Bible itself God can and did forgive sins without the shedding of blood.
      May 14, 2018 10:50 AM MDT

As usual the context doesn't matter to you as the context has nothing to do with your point. You boast of your studies yet they are lacking any depth. You seem to think that there is only one sin mentioned in the Mosaic Law and only one type of atonement yet you contradict that as well, typical.
    Christians are able to reason and consider the context. Muslims apparently need to have everything laid out for them in black and white even though often contradictory.
    Thou shalt not change dot nor tittle, thou shalt change things inconvenient like eating came meat.
    Thou shalt not have compulsion in religion, thou shalt kill them where ever you find them if they don't convert.
    Whoever kills one man is as if he has killed the whole of humanity, whoever doesn't kill for the cause of allah is liable to the fire.
      May 14, 2018 2:05 PM MDT

No need for your opinions on Islam Just 
    "Do post your answers and let me see how they change the fact that even according to the Bible itself God can and did forgive sins without the shedding of blood."

May 14, 2018 4:21 PM MDT

No need for you to keep trying to pick apart the Bible and pull Paul out of it. He had instructions from the resurrected Jesus and God.

(Acts 9:3-6) Now as he was traveling and getting near Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him, 4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him: “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 He asked: “Who are you, Lord?” He said: “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

(Hebrews 9:15-22) That is why he is a mediator of a new covenant, in order that because a death has occurred for their release by ransom from the transgressions under the former covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the everlasting inheritance. 16 For where there is a covenant, the death of the human covenanter needs to be established, 17 because a covenant is valid at death, since it is not in force as long as the human covenanter is living. 18 Consequently, neither was the former covenant put into effect without blood. 19 For when Moses had spoken every commandment of the Law to all the people, he took the blood of the young bulls and of the goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled the book and all the people, 20 saying: “This is the blood of the covenant that God has commanded you to keep.” 21 He likewise sprinkled the tent and all the vessels of the holy service with the blood. 22 Yes, according to the Law nearly all things are cleansed with blood, and unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place.
    (Leviticus 17:11) For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it.
    (Leviticus 9:7-9) Then Moses said to Aaron: “Approach the altar and present your sin offering and your burnt offering, and make atonement in your own behalf and in behalf of your house; and present the offering of the people, and make atonement in their behalf, just as Jehovah has commanded.” 8 Aaron immediately approached the altar and slaughtered the calf of the sin offering that was for him. 9 Then Aaron’s sons presented the blood to him, and he dipped his finger in the blood and put it on the horns of the altar, and he poured the rest of the blood at the base of the altar.
      May 15, 2018 7:33 AM MDT

That's good but how does it change the fact that even according to the Bible itself God can and did forgive sins without the shedding of blood?
      May 15, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

Did I say that every type of sin required shedding of blood? Did I? I can't find where I did. Can you not answer these questions?

Another question that you probably cannot answer. Were regular animal sacrifices part of the Mosaic Law? Dot, tittle?

ATONEMENT
    The English word “atonement” is derived from the expression “at one” and, as applied Biblically, means a covering of sins. In the Hebrew Scriptures terms pertaining to atonement appear many times, especially in the books of Leviticus and Numbers. Ka·pharʹ is the Hebrew word for making atonement, and probably it originally meant “cover,” though “wipe off” has also been suggested.
    Man’s Need for Atonement. Man is in need of sin covering, or atonement, due to inherited sin (1Ki 8:46; Ps 51:5; Ec 7:20; Ro 3:23), responsibility for which rests, not with God, but with man himself. (De 32:4, 5) Adam, who lost everlasting life in human perfection, bequeathed sin and death to his offspring (Ro 5:12), and Adam’s descendants therefore came under condemnation to death. If humankind was to regain the opportunity to enjoy everlasting life, then, in harmony with a legal principle that Jehovah later included in the Mosaic Law, namely, that like must go for like, exact atonement would be required for what had been lost by Adam.—De 19:21.
    As used in the Bible, “atonement” has the basic thought of “cover” or “exchange,” and that which is given in exchange for, or as a “cover” for, another thing must be its duplicate. Thus, anything making satisfaction for something that is lost or forfeited must be “at one” with that other thing, completely covering it as its exact equivalent. There must be no overlapping and no coming short. No imperfect human could provide such a covering or atonement to restore perfect human life to any or all of mankind. (Ps 49:7, 8) To make adequate atonement for what was forfeited by Adam, a sin offering having the precise value of a perfect human life would have to be provided.
    Jehovah God instituted an arrangement for atonement among the Israelites that typified a greater atonement provision. It is Jehovah and not man who is to be credited with determining and revealing the means of atonement for covering inherited sin and providing relief from the resulting condemnation to death.
    Atonement Sacrifices. As God directed, the Israelites were to offer sacrifices as sin offerings in order to make atonement. (Ex 29:36; Le 4:20) Of particular significance was the annual Atonement Day, when Israel’s high priest offered animal sacrifices and made atonement for himself, for the other Levites, and for the nonpriestly tribes of Israel. (Le 16) Sacrificial animals were to be unblemished, indicating the necessity of perfection on the part of their antitype. Also, that atonement is a costly matter is shown in that the victim’s life was given, its blood being shed to make atonement. (Le 17:11) Sin offerings made by the Israelites and the various features of the yearly Day of Atonement undoubtedly impressed upon their minds the seriousness of their sinful state and their great need of complete atonement. However, animal sacrifices could not completely atone for human sin because beasts are inferior to man, who was given dominion over them.—Ge 1:28; Ps 8:4-8; Heb 10:1-4; see ATONEMENT DAY; OFFERINGS.
    Fulfillment in Christ Jesus. The Christian Greek Scriptures plainly link complete atonement for human sins with Jesus Christ. In him the types and shadows of the Mosaic Law find fulfillment, since he is the very One to whom the various animal sacrifices thereof pointed forward. As a perfect, sinless human, Jesus was the sin offering for all of Adam’s descendants who eventually are delivered from inherited sin and death. (2Co 5:21) Christ “offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually” (Heb 10:12), and he is unquestionably “the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.” (Joh 1:29, 36; 1Co 5:7; Re 5:12; 13:8; compare Isa 53:7.) Forgiveness is dependent on the pouring out of blood (Heb 9:22), and Christians who are walking in the light are assured that “the blood of Jesus [God’s] Son cleanses us from all sin.”—1Jo 1:7; Heb 9:13, 14; Re 1:5.
    Jesus’ perfect human life offered in sacrifice is the antitypical sin offering. It is the valuable thing that accomplishes the purchase of mankind, redeeming them from inherited sin and death. (Tit 2:13, 14; Heb 2:9) Christ himself declared: “The Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his soul a ransom [Gr., lyʹtron] in exchange for many.” (Mr 10:45; see RANSOM.) His sacrifice atoned exactly for what was forfeited by the sinner Adam, since Jesus was perfect and hence Adam’s equal prior to the first man’s sin.—1Ti 2:5, 6; Eph 1:7.
    Reconciliation made possible. Human sin causes division between God and man, for Jehovah does not approve of sin. The breach between man and his Creator could be healed only by fulfillment of the requisite of a true “covering,” or atonement, for such sin. (Isa 59:2; Hab 1:13; Eph 2:3) But Jehovah God has made reconciliation between himself and sinful mankind possible through the perfect man Jesus Christ. Thus, the apostle Paul wrote: “We are also exulting in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.” (Ro 5:11; see RECONCILIATION.) To come into Jehovah’s favor, it is necessary to accept God’s provision for reconciliation through Jesus Christ. Only by this means is it possible to come into a position comparable to that of Adam prior to his sin. God’s love is displayed in making such reconciliation possible.—Ro 5:6-10.
    Justice satisfied by propitiation. Still, justice required satisfaction. Man, though created perfect, fell from that state through sin and thus Adam and his offspring came under God’s condemnation. Justice and fidelity to principles of righteousness necessitated that God execute the sentence of his law against disobedient Adam. But love moved God to purpose a substitutional arrangement whereby justice would be satisfied, and yet without any violation of justice, repentant offspring of sinner Adam could be forgiven and could achieve peace with God. (Col 1:19-23) Therefore, Jehovah “sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.” (1Jo 4:10; Heb 2:17) Propitiation is that which makes propitious, or favorable. Jesus’ propitiatory sacrifice removes the reason for God to condemn a human creature and makes possible the extending to him of God’s favor and mercy. This propitiation removes the charge of sin and the resulting condemnation to death in the case of spiritual Israel and all others availing themselves of it.—1Jo 2:1, 2; Ro 6:23.
    The idea of substitution is prominent in certain Biblical texts relating to atonement. For instance, Paul observed that “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures” (1Co 15:3), and that “Christ by purchase released us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us [Jews], because it is written: ‘Accursed is every man hanged upon a stake.’” (Ga 3:13; De 21:23) Peter commented: “He himself bore our sins in his own body upon the stake, in order that we might be done with sins and live to righteousness. And ‘by his stripes you were healed.’” (1Pe 2:24; Isa 53:5) Peter also wrote: “Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God.”—1Pe 3:18.
    Loving provision calls for response of faith. Love has been exemplified by God and Christ in connection with the provision of complete atonement for inherited human sins. (Joh 3:16; Ro 8:32; 1Jo 3:16) However, to benefit therefrom a person must be truly repentant and he must exercise faith. Jehovah was not pleased with Judah’s sacrifices when offered without the proper attitude. (Isa 1:10-17) God sent Christ forth “as an offering for propitiation through faith in his blood.” (Ro 3:21-26) Those who in faith accept God’s provision for atonement through Jesus Christ can gain salvation; those who spurn it cannot. (Ac 4:12) And, for any who “practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment.”—Heb 10:26-31.

PROPITIATORY COVER
    The cover of the ark of the covenant, before which the high priest spattered blood of sin offerings on Atonement Day.
    Bible translations render the Hebrew term kap·poʹreth variously as “mercy seat” (KJ, RS, Yg), “propitiatory” (AT, Dy), “cover” (Le), “ark-cover” (JP), or “cover,” “propitiatory cover” (NW). The Hebrew term is from a root verb meaning “cover,” “cover over (sin).”
    As Jehovah instructed Moses, the craftsman Bezalel made a cover of pure gold for the sacred chest or ark of the covenant, 2.5 cubits (111 cm; 44 in.) long and 1.5 cubits (67 cm; 26 in.) wide. It was surmounted by two golden cherubs, one at each end of the cover, their wings spread upward, screening the cover. The cherubs’ faces were toward the cover. The Ark was placed in the Most Holy compartment of the tabernacle.—Ex 25:17-21; 37:1, 6-9.
    On the Day of Atonement (yohm hak·kip·pu·rimʹ, meaning “day of the coverings or propitiations” [Le 23:27, 28]), the high priest entered the Most Holy and spattered some of the bull’s blood before the cover (at its front, or east side) and then did the same with the blood of the goat. (Le 16:14, 15) Thus the gold cover of the Ark played a special role in the typical propitiation (covering) of sins.
    From between the cherubs on the propitiatory cover, God spoke when he desired to communicate with Moses or with the high priest. (Ex 25:22; Nu 7:89; compare Le 10:8-10; Nu 27:18-21.) Jehovah said that he would appear in a cloud over the cover of the Ark. This cloud apparently glowed or shone, lighting up the Most Holy compartment.—Le 16:2; compare Ps 80:1.
    In 1 Chronicles 28:11 the Most Holy, the innermost compartment of the temple, is referred to as “the house of the kap·poʹreth.” In this instance the Hebrew word is evidently not used simply as designating a lid, or cover, for a chest, but is employed with regard to the special function of the cover in the propitiation of sins. Accordingly, the expression is rendered “the house of the atonement” (Yg), “the house of propitiation” (AT), “the house of the propitiatory cover” (NW).
    Symbolic. At Hebrews 9:5 the Greek word hi·la·steʹri·on, “propitiatory,” is used for the cover of the Ark. In the type, or pattern, God’s presence was represented between the two cherubs over the propitiatory cover. (Le 16:2; Ex 25:22) The inspired writer of the book of Hebrews points out that these things were symbolic. As the high priest on the Day of Atonement entered the Most Holy with sacrificial blood, so Christ took the value of his sacrifice, not before a literal propitiatory cover, but before the very presence of Jehovah God in heaven.—Le 16:15; Heb 9:11-14, 24-28.
      May 16, 2018 12:42 AM MDT

If all that makes you feel better about your doctrines I'm so happy for you. I don't need any of it, because I don't have the need to justify the Christian doctrine of atonement.

I have established the fact that even according to the Bible itself God can and did grant atonement and forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood. Even small blood sacrifices like turtle dove or pigeon was not necessary or insisted upon.

Show me from the Bible that God never granted atonement or forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood and I will accept that according to the Bible the link between atonement/forgiveness of sins and blood sacrifice is unbreakable. If you find such a verse please don't bury it in a mountain of scripture.

Furthermore, Jesus never taught that forgiveness of sin is impossible without shedding of blood, and he never taught that God would not forgive humanity unless a sinless man was sacrificed or that he was that sinless sacrifice to end all sacrifice. Again if you find any verse where Jesus teaches any of that please post it but don't bury it in a mountain of scripture.
      May 16, 2018 8:52 AM MDT

The scriptures are too deep for you? Christians do not need to shed any blood for forgiveness. 

Show me from the Bible that God always granted atonement or forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood.

Jehovah made provision as soon as Adam and Eve sinned. Daniel 9:24-27 shows that the Messiah would be killed and end sacrifice and offering. 

(Genesis 3:15) And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.”
    (Genesis 22:18) And by means of your offspring all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice.’”
    (Genesis 49:10) The scepter will not depart from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shiʹloh comes, and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong.
    (Galatians 3:16) Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “and to your descendants,” in the sense of many. Rather, it says, “and to your offspring,” in the sense of one, who is Christ.

(Daniel 9:24-27) “There are 70 weeks that have been determined for your people and your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, to finish off sin, to make atonement for error, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up the vision and the prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. 25 You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress. 26 “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations. 27 “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease. “And on the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing desolation; and until an extermination, what was decided on will be poured out also on the one lying desolate.”

The Bible shows that Jesus was without sin and that His blood was to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness for sins.
    (Matthew 26:26-28) As they continued eating, Jesus took a loaf, and after saying a blessing, he broke it, and giving it to the disciples, he said: “Take, eat. This means my body.” 27 And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, 28 for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.

A sincere person would dig a little deeper in to the scriptures but those with preconceived ideas that they were just born in the right religion will never find the pearl of great value.
    (Matthew 13:10, 11) So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11 In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted.
    (Matthew 13:44-46) “The Kingdom of the heavens is like a treasure, hidden in the field, that a man found and hid; and because of his joy, he goes and sells everything he has and buys that field. 45 “Again the Kingdom of the heavens is like a traveling merchant seeking fine pearls. 46 Upon finding one pearl of high value, he went away and promptly sold all the things he had and bought it.
    (Matthew 13:13-15) That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’

Just have to be reasonable and willing to read the scriptures.
    (Acts 17:2) So according to Paul’s custom he went inside to them, and for three sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
    (Acts 17:11) Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·niʹca, for they accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.
    (2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,
    (Romans 15:3, 4) For even the Christ did not please himself, but just as it is written: “The reproaches of those reproaching you have fallen upon me.” 4 For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.
      May 16, 2018 9:25 AM MDT

Sorry can't dig through mountains of scripture.

If you find a verse in the Bible which show that the link between atonement/forgiveness of sins and blood sacrifice is unbreakable then please post it but don't bury it in a mountain of scripture.

Also, if you find any verse where Jesus taught that forgiveness of sin is impossible without shedding of blood, or that God would not forgive humanity unless a sinless man was sacrificed or that he was that sinless sacrifice to end all sacrifice then please post it but don't bury it in a mountain of scripture.

May 16, 2018 9:47 AM MDT