Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » if you had cancer, would you cure it if it meant that another person simultaneously got your cancer

if you had cancer, would you cure it if it meant that another person simultaneously got your cancer

Posted - April 3, 2018

Responses

If it was somebody I despised. So no...I don't despise anyone. That sounds like a 1986 episode of 'The Twilight Zone' called 'Button, Button', wherein a couple receives a box with a button on it from a stranger. If they push it they receive a large sum of money, but somebody they don't know will die.
      April 3, 2018 8:24 AM MDT

• there’s a movie with Cameron Diaz like that too. I don’t remember the name tho.
      April 3, 2018 8:28 AM MDT

OMG, how awful. 
      April 3, 2018 5:10 PM MDT

no
      April 3, 2018 8:27 AM MDT

I hope I would decline and almost certainly would if the doctors picked a (by their ruling) worthless person for me to transfer it to.

Then again, if I had the power to pick the receiver, I think I would be more likely to do it.
      April 3, 2018 9:41 AM MDT

No because i'd prefer to die of lung cancer  (mine is in remission right now) than end up in a vegetable state -due to alzhiemer's  like happened to my mother,  two of her sisters and a  brother. Four out of ten siblings. This post was edited by Kittigate at April 3, 2018 7:36 PM MDT
      April 3, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

• I don't see how wishing my ailment upon another is a good thing.  I would endure, and I would pray for it to be taken from me.  But to wish it upon another just so I could be well...that's no cure at all.
      April 3, 2018 3:40 PM MDT