Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you have a malady that is neither life-threatening nor painful...but merely annoying?

Do you have a malady that is neither life-threatening nor painful...but merely annoying?

I have carpal tunnel syndrome and three fingers are numb. I had surgery, but it was a failure and I may have to have a re-do.

Posted - April 3, 2018

Responses

hahaha at my age, of course I do. 
      April 3, 2018 1:27 PM MDT

I got diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I'm like a living definition of the condition, ha!
    It can be annoying, for sure -- but I laugh at myself about it at times, too.
    :)
      April 3, 2018 2:06 PM MDT

GADzooks.
      April 3, 2018 2:19 PM MDT

How SO VERY appropriate!

And I never had thought of that play on words with the GAD! Excellent!
      April 3, 2018 2:24 PM MDT

• i have some symptoms of my MS that aren’t painful or life threatening but GOD are they annoying

ive lost my ability to taste several times 

and in extreme temperatures or temperature variances my fingers get all tingly and weird like pin pricks 
      April 3, 2018 3:02 PM MDT

• I have this thorn in my side.  It's referred to as "myself".
      April 3, 2018 3:32 PM MDT

Arthritis in my neck.
      April 3, 2018 3:35 PM MDT

Painless arthritis? Half your luck, when the weather gets cold mine has me in agony.
      April 6, 2018 7:06 PM MDT

My neck gets stiff some but no pain. 
      April 6, 2018 8:17 PM MDT

I'm Ma'Lady,  that can get quite painful if left unattended for to long.....:( 
      April 3, 2018 4:04 PM MDT

yes as to your question.

Good healing be with you.

Fingers are numb?
    something blocking Chi from flowing in fingers.
    Have you talked to an Acupuncture person?
    Not saying that it would work
    but it deals with blocked energy.

Next time I see my Chinese Herbalist
    and Acupuncturist I will talk with him
    to hear his thoughts on this
    and will let you know.

April 3, 2018 4:36 PM MDT

Thanks.
      April 3, 2018 7:41 PM MDT

Yes. Age.
      April 3, 2018 8:13 PM MDT

Not really.   This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 4, 2018 8:52 AM MDT
      April 3, 2018 8:48 PM MDT

Hammer toes,  misalignment of bones in my feet, a bone spur right foot makes it feel like I am walking with stones in my footwear a lot of the time. Thickly cushioned insoles don't help much. I can still walk around but have to take about a 20 second pain break about every 100 yards or so. 
      April 4, 2018 9:18 AM MDT

Ouch.
      April 4, 2018 10:45 AM MDT

All of that can be fixed.  Don't yall have that good free health insurance?
      April 5, 2018 2:34 AM MDT

My doc said about a year on the wait list to see a podiatrist so I did some research first indicated operating to try fix this kind of thing is risky and could result in worse problems. 
    I'm old and I am going to die pretty soon anyway so I don't think i'll bother. It's not really so bad that I can't get around. 
      April 5, 2018 2:55 AM MDT

Hammer toes can't be fixed if it's genetic. My wife has them, so does her dad. Shoes weren't a factor.
      April 6, 2018 7:08 PM MDT

Perhaps in a very small percentage of cases.  Genes can make you more likely to get the condition but shoe choice is usually the culprit and surgery is an option, whether fixed or flexible.  That's here in the USA.
      April 6, 2018 11:43 PM MDT

My wife never wore shoes until well after the condition was identified. Her father grew up in the bush so rarely wore shoes as a child either.
      April 7, 2018 6:49 AM MDT

I think I could fix that but you'd have to move next-door and I would have to keep an eye on you and re-train your whole arm and body core.

You see, we are all attached inside.  So you may be moving your wrist funkily.  You may be moving your wrist in a manner that is inflaming the nerves between the bones in the wrist and  causing swelling.   So you have to re-train your arm to take up some of the slack that your wrist is taking on.

You need to not use your wrists until you have no pain.  Wrap them.  Baby them and don't use them.  Do not compromise the movement.  Use some powerfully wonderful sedative like Bio-Freeze.  Wrap the wrists like you were in an emergency room.  Because you do not need to keep cutting the wrist.  It is not the wrist's fault and this will only further scar and damage your hands and arms.  DO NOT do that unless you are positive it will improve you.  And listen to me.

If you cannot listen to me, your body will prove me out.  Be safe, not sorry. 

Love, Sharon

Now, let's say that you listen to me and wrap your wrists and do the bio-freeze.   Now you need to exercise your biceps.  This is pleasant.  You will like this new habit, because it involves only your stretching your arms.

Take your arms.  Raise them to the level of your shoulders and form a T. 

Slowly move them forward.  Slowly move them as far back as you can take them.   Slowly raise them above your head and feel the upper arm muscles.  Try and picture all the muscle surrounding the upper arm.  The biceps on the "front" the triceps on the "back".  (not really the front and back, but you know what I am saying this way)

Strectch upwards trying to pay attention to that area and the armpit.   Now move your arm and raise it higher by using those muscles primarily.  IT will work your side core.  It will address a stretch to the pecs, traps and all those guys on your side.

Trust me.  This makes a difference.  It is all attached.    Western Medicine addresses the source of the pain.   Holistic medicine considers how the body works to correct all the things that contribute to the pain at the source.   They are still there after the operation and if those things are not corrected, you will have another operation.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 4, 2018 10:47 AM MDT
      April 4, 2018 9:25 AM MDT

I should have tried those things before the surgery. I had it done on my other wrist years ago and it worked immediately. When I found out an intern did this one I was a bit miffed and the doctor knew it. I know about the exercises as I was an avid body-builder while in the Navy. I have to use the hand though as my other shoulder has major arthritis and deterioration and is useless. PT was extremely painful. I remember meditating my pain away before a session. Big mistake. The therapist was able to push me beyond the pain threshold and I didn't  feel it.The next day I did. Thanks for the info. I will try the bio-freeze.
      April 4, 2018 10:56 AM MDT

Are you still on the wait list?  Let a podiatrist or ortho have a look at your films before you give up on being pain free or almost.  Good luck
      April 5, 2018 2:59 AM MDT