Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » On Judgement day, will Jesus be sitting on the right side of god ? Or will he be sitting on the left side of god ?

On Judgement day, will Jesus be sitting on the right side of god ? Or will he be sitting on the left side of god ?

This is a very important question, worthy of at lest 6 pages of comments.

Posted - April 9, 2018

Responses

• LOL

All I know is that preoccupation with minutiae is not seeing the forest for the trees. 
      April 9, 2018 6:50 PM MDT

I quite agree, which is why I asked this Q shortly after another question about gods name.
      April 9, 2018 6:54 PM MDT

Why do you even bother posting in the religion section? Just to ridicule? Does that make you feel good? 

April 9, 2018 7:20 PM MDT

Hear, hear!
      April 9, 2018 7:45 PM MDT

Lighten up, texasescimo---no one can abide a bible thumper that takes himself so seriously.

No one needs the type of exposition you provide to follow God's will---if the average person did, he'd throw in the towel on following God.
      April 9, 2018 7:52 PM MDT

Tom, you can only speak for yourself, which you have adequately done.  Now please, be silent.
      April 9, 2018 8:07 PM MDT

'takes himself so seriously' is amusing coming from someone that constantly boasts of their own super duper high intelligence over all the average people.

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/32106/do-you-bring-with-you-wherever-you-go-assets-that-enlighten-liab/view/post_id/286305
    Well, whenever I talk at a meeting, you can hear a pin drop.  That's respect that I have earned based on who and what I am.

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/32352/you-don-t-know-understand-something-do-you-politely-ask-for-an/view/post_id/288406

[ The frustration-aggression hypothesis was proposed by Dollard, Doob, Miller, Mower, and Sears (1939). ]

I'm always open minded about anything I don't understand---but that doesn't happen very frequently.  I learned in graduate school that it's advantageous to become an expert in something before discussing it.  

Fortunately, that is a lot easier to accomplish than most people think.  Knowing more about the topic than 95% of the people in the discussion one is involved in is not a particularly high bar to get over.
       June 19, 2017 3:34 PM
      May 15, 2018 7:26 AM MDT

Why do you bother posting questions that you don want answered with anything but your own answer that you already know.
      April 10, 2018 12:54 AM MDT

That particular question was to educate ones as yourself that had no clue that God's name had been removed and to get people that did know to think about the validity of the reasons given as well as what other reasons have been given as I have not read the preface to every translation although most of the ones I have read give similar reasons. 
    When someone doesn't have a clue as to an answer to a question and chooses to remain ignorant, I don't understand why one would even try to answer, and then argue about it?
    I guess after seeing other answers that someone figured out that God's name was replaced with LORD and GOD after all and felt the need to lash out rather than thanking anyone for the correction.

EDIT: The substance and intent of my question is totally different than yours as your initial comment to Nevan made clear. Unlike your question, my initial question was not meant to attack or insult anyone.

Also, I am sure some as yourself didn't get this but 'right hand' doesn't just mean sitting on one side as opposed to the other.

The “right hand” often denotes a position of favor.
    Eccl 10:2 (KJV) A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
    Matthew 25:33 (KJV) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. This post was edited by texasescimo at May 14, 2018 7:53 PM MDT
      April 10, 2018 6:40 AM MDT

So when you ask a question, you are really witnessing; telling unwashed heathens like me about the one and only true truth that few people other than you yourself know. Good luck with that.
      April 10, 2018 11:24 AM MDT

Quote: [So when you ask a question, you are really witnessing; telling unwashed heathens like me about the one and only true truth that few people other than you yourself know. Good luck with that.]

Everything I know is available free to any humble person. On the subject under discussion, anyone that's ever read the preface to a modern translation like the RSV would know as well. 
    I am surprised that after all those years of you being in the religion section of answerbag that you never caught wind of the fact that God's name had been removed from most English translations. Do you at least now acknowledge that God's name has been replaced with LORD?

This appears to be your thinking before:
    https://answermug.com/forums/topic/54139/what-reasons-are-given-for-removing-gods-name-from-the-bible-ar

All I know is that the comparative small number of Christian who call themselves Jehovas Witnesses have added the name "Jehova" in a lot of places in their own version of the bible where no name was given before.

one of those places is in exodus 3:15 most other versions of the bible say: 
    NIV:Exodus 3:15
    God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation. 

You cannot prove a removal, by referencing the JW addition.
      April 10, 2018 3:43 PM MDT

God not god.
      April 9, 2018 7:07 PM MDT

Well, it says "“[God] raised [Christ] from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places." 

But if the Father pulls up His left sleeve with His right hand, I suspect no one needs to change places.

Edit:  I've heard it said that the one thing that God hides from us is his mirth---He seems to have quite a sense of humor.. This post was edited by tom jackson at April 9, 2018 7:48 PM MDT
      April 9, 2018 7:47 PM MDT

Of course He has a sense of humour - the platypus is either a joke or a mistake, and God don't goof. (Except the mosquito).
      April 9, 2018 8:19 PM MDT

And hemorrhoids. This post was edited by Element 99 at April 10, 2018 10:28 AM MDT
      April 10, 2018 8:06 AM MDT

Trying to figure out why those things down there are called hemmorhoids while the things up yonder are called assteroids?
    (Randy, spelling?)
      April 10, 2018 9:40 AM MDT

Got it...thanks.
      April 10, 2018 10:28 AM MDT

You're welcome! Glad someone gets it. Lol
    Just seems like the things in the hemisphere should be hemorrhoids and uh, er, em...
      April 10, 2018 10:36 AM MDT

It depends on which hemisphere. Now Depends is another story if urine to it.
      April 10, 2018 10:40 AM MDT

According to the Apostles' Creed Jesus sits on the right hand of God, so I'm sticking with the right side.  When it's my turn if he's on the left I'll just take a step or two over, no prob.

THE APOSTLES’ CREED
    I BELIEVE in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
    And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by
    the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he
    rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the
    right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to
    judge the quick and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic Church; the
    communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the
    body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
      April 9, 2018 8:04 PM MDT

Left or right it doesn't matter its the up or down `that you got to worry about. Cheers!
      April 9, 2018 8:08 PM MDT

If you're a lefty, he'll be seated on the left side. If you're a righty, he'll be seated on the right. The is no discrimination in heaven. 
      April 10, 2018 4:49 AM MDT

I depends on whether you are standing in front of them or behind them. Trick question?
      April 10, 2018 8:07 AM MDT

I woll probably be below.
      April 10, 2018 3:03 PM MDT