Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Did God create life?

Did God create life?

During the days of creation God created all the animals, birds, bees and fishes but how could any of these survive if they just 'popped into' existence? They would have no experience or instincts what to do to survive. They might feel thirst and hunger but not know it meant that they should eat and even if they knew they should eat they would not know what to eat. A lion eyeballing a zebra might think 'I can't eat that hairy thing with long bony legs'. Or a cow noticing all the grass might think 'I can't eat that dirty stuff after it's been stepped on by animals with their dirty paws and hooves'.
So all these species would have died off except for the single cell things that could absorb nutrition via their cell walls. Then that was the beginning of evolution. 

Posted - April 12, 2018

Responses

Yes, God created everything.  
      April 12, 2018 5:24 AM MDT

Sure maybe so but i just wonder ihow everything' would know how to survive if they just 'popped into' existence without any experience, instincts or knowledge how to survive. 
      April 12, 2018 5:55 AM MDT

If God can create life, He certainly can do it while giving them the instincts to be able to survive.
      April 12, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

Yup. I couldn't agree more. :)
      April 12, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

'If God can create life' -that is assuming there is a God to create life. I don't think assuming something is sufficient enough to say it is knowledge. 
    Anyway  I guess if God created all the species it makes sense that He would have to provide the instincts for their survival.  He learned that in God College. 
      April 12, 2018 10:29 AM MDT

The animals are made very good and exceedingly wise. 

(Psalm 104:24) How many your works are, O Jehovah! You have made all of them in wisdom. The earth is full of what you have made.
    (Proverbs 30:18-33) There are three things that are beyond my comprehension, And four that I do not understand: 19 The way of an eagle in the heavens, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the open sea, And the way of a man with a young woman. 20 This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats, she wipes her mouth; Then she says, “I have done nothing wrong.” 21 There are three things that make the earth shudder And four things it cannot endure: 22 When a slave rules as king, When a fool is glutted with food, 23 When a hated woman is taken as a wife, And when a servant girl takes the place of her mistress. 24 Four things on earth are among the smallest, But they are instinctively wise: 25 The ants are not strong creatures, Yet they prepare their food in the summer. 26 The rock badgers are not mighty creatures, Yet they make their house in the crags. 27 The locusts have no king, Yet they all go forward in formation. 28 The gecko lizard clings with its feet, And it goes into the palace of a king. 29 There are three things that have an impressive stride, Four that are impressive as they move: 30 The lion, the mightiest among beasts, Which does not retreat from anyone; 31 The greyhound; the male goat; And a king whose army is with him. 32 If you have foolishly exalted yourself Or if you have schemed to do so, Put your hand over your mouth. 33 For as the churning of milk produces butter And the squeezing of the nose produces blood, So the stirring up of anger produces quarrels.

(Genesis 1:31) After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.
    (Romans 1:20) For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.

It's funny that some think that an intelligent creator cannot create things with instincts yet think that rocks banging around or things starting out in a murky pond can just become intelligent on it's own. 

You were in this thread about how life began:
    https://answermug.com/forums/topic/18166/how-did-life-begin
      April 12, 2018 1:35 PM MDT

I agree
      April 12, 2018 11:13 AM MDT

No! Science did.
      April 12, 2018 7:50 AM MDT

I always thought science was a branch of study not something capable of creating life. :) :)
      April 12, 2018 8:25 AM MDT

It takes science to determine how life began.
      April 12, 2018 10:33 AM MDT

EXACTLY!!!
      April 12, 2018 11:58 AM MDT

Yet scientist don't think the universe should exist. Couldn't have just happened. 

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/42167/do-some-scientist-really-think-that-the-universe-should-not-exis
      April 12, 2018 1:43 PM MDT

Not too long ago I came across some discussions about that very subject. Quite interesting to see scientists admitting something like that. :)
      April 12, 2018 5:06 PM MDT

With all due respect, that's not what Zack said though. He said science created life. Just thought I'd point that out. :)
      April 12, 2018 5:00 PM MDT

Science is what one can consider knowledge. 
      April 12, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

Alas, conjecture is what another one can call faith (I just love Enochs 'Snowglobe World', sadly it did not make it into the Bible).
      April 12, 2018 11:02 AM MDT

Yes, God created life.  However, your statement insinuates that God is stupid.  That He created life then tossed it out there assuming it would somehow figure out how to survive on its own.  God didn't say, "let's try this and see what happens".  Everything He created was done intelligently and design (from sub-quarks to the universe itself).  He gave His creation the instincts they needed to survive, which they still possess to this day.
      April 12, 2018 9:29 AM MDT

I would not say God is stupid -that would be blasphemy.  I just wonder if the bible story writers were aware of all these things when they made up the story of creation. 
      April 12, 2018 10:56 AM MDT

Watch out, you could get slammed for saying that.
      April 12, 2018 6:38 PM MDT

Far more likely that man created God.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 12, 2018 11:40 AM MDT
      April 12, 2018 10:21 AM MDT

Well if there never had been earthquakes,  volcanoes,  tsunamis, thunder and lighting,  fires  disease, famines et al then the concept probably have developed of a loving, caring God of the OT. rather than a fearful punishing God. 
      April 12, 2018 11:13 AM MDT

Its pretty clear the ancients had no idea what these things were. So they formulated their best guess on the very limited information available to them. In the light of examination, they were badly, hilariously mistaken. 

Sadly for humanity, so many allegedly modern people can’t grow past these myths, fallacies and imaginary characters. No one here declaring for creation have any more basis for their position than they think it so. 
      April 12, 2018 2:06 PM MDT

It seems to be the "everything" that gives opportunutues for misunderstanding.

A Bee with 'everything' naturally includes instincts and social behavior. ...

It cant be a 'complete' whopper if there are no fries.
      April 12, 2018 10:35 AM MDT

In my Geology class I laugh (to myself) at some of the things that are being taught: things that people actually believe which make no sense at all. For example a jaw bone morphed into the inner workings of an ear "they say."  Over time it became something else, (two of them) in a different place with a different purpose with a different shape.  The bones ended up being the hammer and anvil of the inner ear with the ability to do wondrous things.  All this from a jaw bone?   I think not!  What they are not showing us are: these evolutionary happenings in mid-change.  
    This universe was made by design, if it wasn't then math would not exist.  There had to be a designer and a creator.  Nothing just "popped" into existence from nothing.  Nothing is nothing.  
    This post was edited by Sunshine at June 21, 2018 11:05 PM MDT
      April 12, 2018 11:23 AM MDT