Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Evidently the Friday nights strikes on Syria was softball and didn't really hobble them at all. Will we keep doing this until? Until what?

Evidently the Friday nights strikes on Syria was softball and didn't really hobble them at all. Will we keep doing this until? Until what?

Posted - April 14, 2018

Responses

It was not meant to hobble them. It was meant to destroy chemical weapons making facilities. 
      April 14, 2018 12:14 PM MDT

• Don't you just love people's response to a military MISSION? Exaggeration of a strategic strike doesn't make it full scale warfare.
      April 14, 2018 1:24 PM MDT

It didn't. Assad showed up to work the next day as if nothing had happened. Pro-Assad Syrians were seen dancing in the streets and celebrating the next day as if nothing had happened. Nothing had.The doofus gave them several days' warning to move things to a safe place...probably Russian territory. This was just a Dog&Pony show. WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL again. It was a photo op. A PR stunt. Next stunt up his sleeve to get the heat off him and all his criminal activities will be a nuclear war. SIGH. It will be interesting for me to see how you defend that which you will unless we are all dead in which case it was nice chatting with you over these years. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Sunday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 15, 2018 4:47 AM MDT
      April 15, 2018 4:46 AM MDT

You think Assad works in the Chemical weapons facilities?

April 15, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

You sound surprised Rosie.
      April 14, 2018 1:26 PM MDT

I think it was all planned in advanced. Staged/scripted/agreed upon if you will. The strikes were precise, targeted and did little damage. The goofydoofylucy gave them several days' warning. Time enough for Syria to move things to Russian soil. The US very specifically did not hit anything Russian. The next day Assad showed up to work at the usual time as if nothing had happened. Nothing had. Once again this was done without Congressional approval. While the scuttlebutt was that the doofus wanted it bigger and worser allegedly Mattis convinced him that would not be good and if you notice we are all talking about this now and not all the scandals and jeopardy and criminal activity engulfing doofylucy, Michael Cohen et al or the Comey book. Are we? Doofylucy once again changed the subject to something else and everyone followed like lemmings. Once again he controls the news. Russia isn't angry. Syria wasn't damaged. We spent money and time doing this to what end? It's just ludicrous in my opinion. SIGH . Am I surprised? What gave you that idea? Nothing the doofus goofylucy does surprises me. I put nothing past him including starting a nuclear war to refocus attention away from his evildoings the next time. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      April 15, 2018 4:42 AM MDT

Short of conquering and making Syria a US possession, Assad will use chemical weapons until he is convinced that the next use of such weapons will not be worth the cost of getting the bill from the USA.

In case he was wondering if we still care, he knows how we feel.

April 14, 2018 3:51 PM MDT

I think the more important question is what is Russia gonna do about it tom? And what is going on with the goofydoofylucy anyway? I do not believe for one minute that he has changed vis a vis his being terrified of Putin and the info Putin holds over him, however salacious. I'm more inclined to think this is per script agreed upon in advance. First of all the doofus telegraphed his intent and gave Syria a coupla days to move things around. Maybe to Russia. Second it was very specific,precise,targeetd and they were very careful to not hit  Russian anything and what was hit in Syria was not that crippling. It's what you do when you are trying to convince people of something to shut them up. Now it is said that the doofus wanted it to make it more and bigger and grander and worser but Mattis convinced him that smaller would be better. The strikes last year did nothing. This did nothing either. It was done without Congressional consent. Again. The pro-Assad Syrians were seen celebrating the next morning. Assad was at his office at the same time the next day as if nothing had happened because in fact nothing significant or substantial had. I think it was all for show. A photo op. A puff piece. Could I be wrong? Soitenly I could be wrong. SIGH. It's just a guessing game. The doofus doesn't have a clue which end is up and his toady sycophants don't dare to cross him. Life goes on. Meanwhile once again the goofydoofylucy has changed the focus and the dialogue and the news coverage. He got what he wanted. He always does. Thank you for your reply tom! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 15, 2018 4:34 AM MDT
      April 15, 2018 4:32 AM MDT

I agree that it's not so much about Syria as it is about posturing between the Us and its allies, vs. Russia, et. al. on the other side.
      April 16, 2018 12:22 PM MDT

AARRGGH! $839,000 per missile times 120! Pretty dam*ed expensive posturing don'tcha think? GEEZ! Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      April 16, 2018 12:33 PM MDT

Yeah, I made a similar calculation; but I rounded up to 1 million per.
      April 16, 2018 12:49 PM MDT

Chump change, right? So the doofygoofylucy undercuts his UN Ambassador Nikki Haley who made a big deal about addtional Russian sanctions on Sunday and on Monday the White House jacka** pulled the rug from under her. I'd quit if he did that. Also Mattis says it was a one-time deal. Jacka** donjohn sez it will be sustained. So how many million billions will it cost us? How many missiles do we have? I'm goona Google it tom. Thank you for your reply! Geez. Whatta guy! Jacka** john the don.  :(
      April 18, 2018 3:45 AM MDT