Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The architect of the Syria air strikes did everything wrong. A WASTED OPPORTUNITY. He thinks the mission was accomplished. Clueless, right?

The architect of the Syria air strikes did everything wrong. A WASTED OPPORTUNITY. He thinks the mission was accomplished. Clueless, right?

Posted - April 15, 2018

Responses

The 3 chemical weapons facilities were destroyed....sounds successful to me.
    . This post was edited by my2cents at April 17, 2018 11:52 PM MDT
      April 15, 2018 11:44 AM MDT

It was not only successful in that we hit exactly the targets we wanted to, we also found out the Russian missile defenses don't work. A bonus.
      April 16, 2018 1:43 PM MDT

They blindsided the Russians by firing from the Red Sea not the Med.
      April 17, 2018 5:36 AM MDT

But nothing Russian was damaged. The several days' warning goofydoofylucy gave Syria and Russia was all the time they needed to move things they wanted to protect. The strike was surgical. The damage was negligible. We spent $839,000 per missile times 120 missiles on something that was basically a photo op..PR..a puff piece. I see nothing of value having been accomplished. A missed opportunity. When you give "the enemy" such a lengthy heads up you are purposely trying to help them and minimize any lasting damage. Case closed.  it was aDumba** and expensive exercise. Meanwhile Syria will continue to chemical  bomb their citizens. They have almost won the internal civil war against insurgents apparently. Life goes on as before. No one scored. Certainly not the US. In my opinion of course. Thank you for your reply Malizz!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 18, 2018 3:33 AM MDT
      April 18, 2018 3:30 AM MDT