Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you're smack dab in the middle you're safer. Harder to get to than if you are on either end. So where do you hang out? Why?

If you're smack dab in the middle you're safer. Harder to get to than if you are on either end. So where do you hang out? Why?

Posted - April 15, 2018

Responses

By nature I prefer to go unnoticed, to sit in the middle safely and quietly... but I have this streak that makes me stand up and be counted wherever I see injustice.. I get myself into trouble quite a bit, because I say things others don't dare :P
      April 15, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

It's funny odd Addb. i was just thinking of that kinda sorta the other day. In a movie theater I would always sit on the left side in the seat nearest the aisle and toward the back nearest an exit. I have always disliked being smack dab in the middle because you have to crawl over people's knees. What if you want to make a quick exit? You can't. You're stuck. Not my cuppa tea. Also I noticed that when walking anywhere I would walk near the buildings and far away from the street. At large gathering once again toward the back near an exit. So I am not a middle I guess. As you know I say what I think and take whatever hits may come from i t but at least I don't have to worry about someone calling me a liar. That's enough for me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee!:)
      April 16, 2018 2:55 AM MDT

ME

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not even on the line.
      April 15, 2018 1:48 PM MDT

If I am understanding you correctly you ARE smack dab in the middle. Both vertically and horizontally. I'm not a middle Ele. I'm always on the sidelines nearest an exit for quick escape. Being in the middle in a movie theater is not my cuppa tea. I feel trapped and I cannot stand it. I don't know why but I have always been like that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      April 16, 2018 2:58 AM MDT

True...When I am in a public place I always face the exit with my back to the wall if I can.
      April 17, 2018 6:51 AM MDT

Are we weird or just cautious? I wonder why and where it came from? Maybe it's the "flight" phenomenon. We want to be able to move very fast and not be boxed in or hemmed in? What is it we expect to have happen that we would need to flee? Beats me! Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      April 17, 2018 8:01 AM MDT

Staying in the middle isn't necessarily safer, it just means you don't have to put forth as much effort to block anything being thrown.  You simply let those around you absorb (buffer) those impacts (words, accusations, responsibility, obligations, bricks, etc.).  

April 15, 2018 1:49 PM MDT

You are protected on both sides by barricades made up of people Shuhak. If mud is being thrown the ends get dirty not the middles. So how is it not safer? What am I missing? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday. The gentleman walks on the curb side nearest the street so when the vehicle splashes mud he gets it not his lady. She is nearer the building where being splashed isn't an issue. Same thing! :)
      April 16, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

If Sharonna was on here today, perhaps she could put on a video by 'Stealer's Wheel' entitled 'STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU'. 
      April 15, 2018 4:22 PM MDT

Never heard of either one bh. So "Stealer's Wheel" is a group and "Stuck in the Middle With You" is a song or did you just make up both? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      April 16, 2018 2:50 AM MDT

April 17, 2018 6:53 AM MDT

Merci mille fois mon ami! ;):):)
      April 17, 2018 8:04 AM MDT

Thanx Sharonna. Uh, I mean Element 99.
      April 17, 2018 5:58 PM MDT

Where is Sharon bh? Is she taking a break? Thanks and Happy Wednesday!:)
      April 18, 2018 2:30 AM MDT

Happened to me in a three man tent expedition up Ben Nevis. One night the water came in one side, the next the other side. Being in the middle, I was all right Jack.  
      April 17, 2018 10:27 AM MDT

Seriously? For real? Wow! A real-life example! What/where is "Ben Nevis" Malizz? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday. Or is this a play on words referring to a song? I get caught a lot not knowing lyrics to songs. Oh vey!  :)
      April 18, 2018 2:31 AM MDT