Shuhak
goody2shoos
uncle bob
Zeitgeist
rusureamisure
Zack - Mr. GenXer
WelbyQuentin
Stu Bee
Beans/SilentGeneration
Discussion » Questions » Business » Is anyone else tired of seeing commercials, hearing adds on the radio, and reading billboards?

Is anyone else tired of seeing commercials, hearing adds on the radio, and reading billboards?

Haven't those add people heard of overexposure?

Posted - April 15

• 14990

(adds ads)
    (add people ad people)
      April 15, 2018 3:14 PM MDT
    1

• 1604
    Okay.  Thanks Randy.  You're never too old for a spelling lesson!
      April 15, 2018 9:17 PM MDT
    1
  • ALF

5750
    "Yup!"  That's why I gave up on public/commercial television.  40% of air time was commercials!
      April 15, 2018 4:02 PM MDT
    2

• 3526
    Commercials are the best part of tv. At one time they were so popular that there was a tv show devoted to showcasing the best ones. Several cities are famous for their lavish neon signs. 

And then you have Vermont. Vermont. It's a state. It's on the east side, somewhere near Massachusetts or someplace. Ever hear of it? You might know that it's for lovers, because you heard that in an ad, but otherwise you have no idea what's there. That's because the state doesn't allow billboards, so you have to discover everything by accident. Tourists who go there say it's nice, but they want to go someplace else next vacation. That's because the place is sorta dead. 

Look here and see if you find anything that sounds like it's worth the trip:
    https://mentalfloss.com/article/59046/11-things-vermont-does-better-any-other-state
      April 15, 2018 5:14 PM MDT
    1

• 5750
    It's a great place to go if you like trees!
      April 15, 2018 11:46 PM MDT
    2

• 4663
    Yes. It is one of my pet 'hates'.
      April 15, 2018 5:16 PM MDT
    1

• 1485
    I was but then I got a PVR now I just record then fast forward threw the commercials Cheers!
      April 15, 2018 9:54 PM MDT
    0

• 14990
    (through)

April 15, 2018 10:07 PM MDT
    0

• 4530
    I think that I shall never see
    A billboard lovely as a tree.
    Perhaps, unless the billboards fall
    I'll never see a tree at all.

- Ogden Nash 
      April 15, 2018 11:53 PM MDT
    1

• 5240
    I realize that advertisements produce the revenue for TV and radio to air content, but I despise seeing so many of the commercials so many times throughout the same program.  Then you watch the program that follows, and you get the same commercials again.  Back in the Stone Age, cable TV was supposed to be commercial free and it was, for about three seconds.  Then we had the privilege of paying to see them and every three months, my cable bill goes up. 
      April 16, 2018 7:45 AM MDT
    0

• 7899
    Don't.  I very very rarely watch anything on TV other than SEC sports.  I very very rarely turn on my radio other than for the NPR games, and I haven't done that in a long time.   Billboards are easy to not see.  Take care of you.
      April 16, 2018 7:15 PM MDT
    0