Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Barbara Bush has stopped receiving medical care. She is receiving comfort care and is at home. Married 72 years. Do you like her?

Barbara Bush has stopped receiving medical care. She is receiving comfort care and is at home. Married 72 years. Do you like her?

Posted - April 16, 2018

Responses

I liked her until she said something to the effect that the people of New Orleans deserved Katrina and it's aftermath.  After that, I found I didn't have much respect for her.
      April 16, 2018 1:23 PM MDT

A very crass thing for anyone to say I think....Far far worse when you consider who she she is/was married to....

It does give a huge insight though into what those that rule us think about us to....:( 

April 16, 2018 5:13 PM MDT

It was beyond crass - it was heartless and I expect better from someone in her position.
      April 16, 2018 6:40 PM MDT

It was beyond crass and it was heartless but the Bushes are elites so that's exactly something I would expect to come out of her mouth.
      April 16, 2018 6:58 PM MDT

I'm sure she will get her comeuppance soon....it's time to reflect on the things she's Aida and done.....

if if she said things like that ,I'm pretty sure she's done far far worse actual things to people to feed her ego ...:(
      April 17, 2018 2:23 AM MDT

I would have thought she would know better than to say that out loud, even if she felt that way.
      April 17, 2018 7:51 PM MDT

I can only agree with you, but how can you convey greater contempt for such an ignorant person....

Now it seems nature is taking a hand in things ...and now she will regret she's said such things...she must be a very disturbed person.... 
      April 17, 2018 2:20 AM MDT

Such a statement requires a reference. 

If you live where water should be, you should realize you are dry due to man-made structures and they do and will fail. 
      April 17, 2018 5:33 AM MDT

It was a crass thing to say about people who have lost everything whether taken in or out of context.  How is it she never made similar comments about people who live where there are mudslides, extreme forest fires, tornadoes, etc.? 
      April 17, 2018 7:49 PM MDT

Don't be a fruitcake.
      April 18, 2018 1:25 AM MDT

I did not know that. Did she ever explain WHY? It is such a coldhearted unkind mean cruel thing to say. Most of them of course were black. Do you recall where, when at what place she said that L? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 17, 2018 11:07 AM MDT

No, I don't recall the specifics, but if you look at Thriftymaid's response to me above, it might help.

April 17, 2018 7:50 PM MDT

I LOVE fruitcake. I don't know anyone else who does though except my sister. Years ago when I was about 12 I made a fruitcake and my folks loved it. It was very expensive with all the fruits and nuts required so it was just a one-time thing. I read the answer of the person to whom you alluded and it didn't help explain a thing. Oh well. Thank you for your reply L. She died yesterday. May she RIP.
      April 18, 2018 2:19 AM MDT

Count me in the "I like fruitcake" group. :)  Happy Wednesday. :)
      April 18, 2018 2:02 PM MDT

That wasn't the comment I meant.  When I wrote that, she hadn't said anything about fruitcake.  The one to which I referred was:
    Such a statement requires a reference. 

"If you live where water should be, you should realize you are dry due to man-made structures and they do and will fail."

So, we should all move to middle America where there is no water, but where there are any number of other natural disasters that could befall you. 

X
      April 18, 2018 2:13 PM MDT

Oh. Middle America? Don't they get floods and tornadoes? Didn't a tornado carry Dorothy and Toto away to Oz? Kansas was the state right? I think living on the coast where you are below sea level and keep getting flooded probably isn't a choice I would make. Nor would I live in the path of an active volcano. Nor at the base of a mountain that often has mudslides when it rains. What I don't understand is why people keep getting wiped out and rebuild ON THE SAME SPOT! Different strokes. Thank you for clarifying that L! :)
      April 19, 2018 2:54 AM MDT

I think if people were born in outer space and asked where they wished to spend their adult lives, they wouldn't choose low-lying areas or places that have tornadoes, mudslides, volcanic eruptions, etc.  However, most of us remain in the areas where we were born either because we like it there or because we can't afford to move elsewhere.  The people most affected by Katrina were mostly those in poverty areas.  If you don't have money to get out, you take your chances.  That doesn't mean that it isn't up to some government agency to enhance the levees so that they were stronger.  They knew in advance of Katrina that those levees wouldn't hold.  Happy Thursday. :)
      April 19, 2018 9:05 AM MDT

I was born in Michigan and if my folks hadn't moved to California when I was 3 I might well still be living there. Except for 5 years of my adult life living in Massachusetts California has always been my home. My son was born in Massachusetts and coincidentally he was 3 when his dad and I moved back to California  Massachusetts is beautiful of course. So is Denver. So is Honolulu. So is Tulsa. Places I've lived or stayed awhile. You can be happy anywhere if you look for the good in it. So much of my life and memories reside in California though I think it would be very hard to move elsewhere. Thank you for your reply L. We have earthquakes but the last big one that affected me was in the  1990's. No place is perfect. Jim loves being able to play golf and tennis year=round. Living where it snows you can't do that! :)
      April 20, 2018 4:47 AM MDT

Seriously? I'm not the onliest one in the world who does? WHOA! Hot dawg and hallelulah! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 19, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

Here is the quote:

What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they [the Hurricane Katrina refugees in the Houston Astrodome] all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.
      April 17, 2018 7:59 PM MDT

I appreciate the info m2c. I don't understand her reply. I don't get from that what she was supposed to have said. That they deserved it. It is an odd statement but doesn't seem offensive. Maybe you need to read between the lines. Happy Wednesday to thee.
      April 18, 2018 2:23 AM MDT

That is the only quote I can find about Katrina victims.
    I did not take it as saying they deserved it either. It was probably  in the media so people just think she said they "deserved it, because they were underprivileged"....just another example of media spin and bias. 

She was not blaming them. But she was saying she did not want them to stay in TX, because it would be bad for the  economy....more unskilled workers who would likely require welfare. This post was edited by my2cents at April 18, 2018 8:45 AM MDT
      April 18, 2018 4:49 AM MDT

I wish she well and hope she has made peace with God.
      April 17, 2018 4:35 AM MDT

As you probably know by now she passed away yesterday surrounded by her loving family. She was the favorite Bush of many and a good woman. I think being thrust in the spotlight and having to live there your entire life is not easy. I would not be good at. I think she was. Thank you for your reply.
      April 18, 2018 2:25 AM MDT